Bumper Jumper

Vibration

Scuf with X on left paddle and A on right paddle

• Upvote (+1) 1

1x

5y

5 acceleration

Triggers switched on bumper jumper with a paddle for crouch and one for thrust

If I'm not mistaken, up and coming Shotzzy plays the opposite of this, 5x, 1y, 5 accel

1x

5y

5 acceleration

Triggers switched on bumper jumper with a paddle for crouch and one for thrust

I tried the 1x, 5y, 5 acceleration couldn't do it . Playing now

3x, 3y, 3 accel .

I tried the 1x, 5y, 5 acceleration couldn't do it . Playing now

3x, 3y, 3 accel .

Even with 3.0y I almost feel overly twitchy vertically, what is the draw of playing such a high Vertical sens, especially with such disparity to Horizontal?  

It's almost as if the idea is to use the "middle third" of the aim stick and basically never fully deflect to the upper or lower thirds.

If I'm not mistaken, up and coming Shotzzy plays the opposite of this, 5x, 1y, 5 accel

Nah, he was one of the people who popularized 1x/5y/5accel.

Believe it was him, Royal 2, and Penguin. (Though I think Royal 2 went back to 4/2)

Even with 3.0y I almost feel overly twitchy vertically, what is the draw of playing such a high Vertical sens, especially with such disparity to Horizontal?

It's almost as if the idea is to use the "middle third" of the aim stick and basically never fully deflect to the upper or lower thirds.

I understand the pros that play with such a high y sensitivity, most of them do a lot of weird jumps and are always forcing the vertical game.

For me doesn't make sense having asymmetrical aiming.

I understand the pros that play with such a high y sensitivity, most of them do a lot of weird jumps and are always forcing the vertical game.

For me doesn't make sense having asymmetrical aiming.

I mean, your aim is more asymmetric if you match the number values. 3x/3y has a bigger disparity than 3x/6y.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, your aim is more asymmetric if you match the number values. 3x/3y has a bigger disparity than 3x/6y.

What ??? . If I put the same sensitivity in both horizontal and vertical axes doesn't that mean that my reticle move at the same speed in every direction???

What ??? . If I put the same sensitivity in both horizontal and vertical axes doesn't that mean that my reticle move at the same speed in every direction???

Nope vertical is slower. One of those things I found out when the update first came out and I was going through a crisis. It's more similar to older Halo games if you match them, but Halo has always had slower vertical than horizontal.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Nope vertical is slower. One of those things I found out when the update first came out and I was going through a crisis. It's more similar to older Halo games if you match them, but Halo has always had slower vertical than horizontal.

That isnot explained in any tooltip, how do you know this ??

That isnot explained in any tooltip, how do you know this ??

Yea it's why so many people were confused after the update. Just like how people thought 3 horizontal was like 3 sens when it's actually what 6 sens uses. I just tested it by looking around on all the combinations lol. Look how long it takes you to look straight up and straight down, and then look how quickly you 180 horizontally. You'll notice it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yea it's why so many people were confused after the update. Just like how people thought 3 horizontal was like 3 sens when it's actually what 6 sens uses. I just tested it by looking around on all the combinations lol. Look how long it takes you to look straight up and straight down, and then look how quickly you 180 horizontally. You'll notice it.

But if I match x/y it resembles older Halos ??

That is why it feels more comfortable for me matching them.

Oh for sure. A lot of people prefer it that way. As you mentioned the higher vertical is mainly for movement purposes.

Someone here mentioned (I forget who sorry) that part of it may be the 16:9 aspect ratio of most TVs and Monitors so if you want horizontal and vertical to be as close to each other as possible, take the horizontal sense and multiply it by 1.78 (16/9) and find the sense that is closest to that for the vertical.

I was skeptical at first but it actually seems to work out if you draw circles on your screen. for example 2x and 3.5y is very close to that ratio.

Personally since the lag reduction I am back to default 3/2 and it seems to be good.

Elite Controller:

Recon, 5 sens/2 accel... toggle crouch/auto Stabilize OFF

+1 upper left paddle for melee... good for spinning melees/Ground Pound.

after a ridiculous amount of changes, settled on ... 

4 sens, 2 accel, 0% deadzones, no vibe, auto-stabilize off

Hey guys, for those of us that still play Halo 5, what are your controller settings?

My settings:

2.5x

2.5y

1 acc

0% on both deadzones

Honestly, I kept the sesitivity at default because I adapted to it. And I keep my button layout to "Halo 4" because I find the Halo 5 buttons to be weird.