Sign in to follow this  
ooo SMILEY ooo

Your favorite map, gametype, weapon & playlist of all time.

Map: Damnation/Chillout (2v2), The Pit/Midship (4v4)

Gametype: CTF

Weapon: H1 Pistol

Playlist: Reach MLG v7

You mean like Ryanoob killing himself top blue to get red closet spawn? I loved that map...

Yeah. Although when he explained it on stream later he didn't do a very good job and stated a couple of "false facts"; I'd imagine most experienced forgers would have been able to explain that much better.

Ideally I want to see more maps & gametypes which demand manipulation of the hidden aspects of the game in intelligent ways. Players with knowledge similar to Blaze & Ryanoob shouldn't be the exceptions - it should be a requirement to break through to the highest level (ie: if you don't know "hidden" systems like spawning inside out you should have no business even trying to play with or against pro players) like it was in Halo CE where if you didn't give your team mate good spawns and didn't know randoms you would get dominated repeatedly by people who did.

But unfortunately it's not, because that kind of knowledge is so rare in general that it's possible to be considered a top tier player without really needing to know anything more than surface level about the game at all - players can get by on just teamwork and shooting skill and it disappoints me a little.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Halo 2's Beaver Creek, Midship, Lockout and Sanctuary. (I couldn't decide on one). H2 fanboy.

I would also have to say Halo 3's MLG playlist, Pit Flag or Halo 2's Lockout Ball.

Favorite weapon of all time, H2 sniper/H3 Br.

I couldn't decide on just any one(s) for each category.  :walshy:

Favorite Map- Heretic

Favorite Gametype- 1v1 Slayer

Favorite Weapon- HR Grenade Launcher

Favorite Playlist- Double Team

Map - Guardian

Gametype - Bomb

Weapon - Grenade Launcher

Playlist - Invasion

The two best things to come out of Reach (for me) were Invasion (idk why, i just loved it) and the Grenade Launcher. Both didn't get carried over for Halo 4 =\. Never got a chance to play Midship Bomb, but Zealot Bomb was fun. Also Guardian because I still to this day just play 1v1s on it over and over :)

Map - Midship

Great small symmetrical map with great power positions (and ways to attack them), awesome angles, tricky (useful) jumps, generally good spawns (and experienced players can force spawns) and plays any gametype from H2 brilliantly. Only downfall of this map is starting grenades were plasmas...

Gametype - CTF (flag at home to score). Warlock, midship and even beaver creek were way too much fun CTF :). Extraction is surprisingly a close second.

Weapon - Halo 1 pistol. 100% accuracy, 12 shots, 0.6s kill time. Although it wasn't hitscan, this gun was still beast mode. You always spawned with a chance with this gun. It was awesome when you were having those nights where you were just "feeling it" and would just 3sk anything that moves. No other halo weapon has lived up to its legacy.

Playlist - I really like how H4 has evolved and adapted to help competitive halo. Team throwdown is updated more frequently than any playlist before and has the most accepted competitive settings. HR Arena was a joke because either the settings were awful or the matchmaking ruined it. H3 MLG was completely solid. H2 hardcore was amazing but didn't match MLG settings and wasn't updated regularly.

Sidenote: I don't think Halo 2 had one bad map. Halo 2 wins the maps for sure.

Hang on ima let you finish. Im gonna let you finish but Halo 3, had the best maps, OF ALL TIME.

*drops mic

• Upvote (+1) 2

My Favorite:

Map - Battle creek

Gametype - Capture the Flag (3-flag)

Weapon - Halo 3 sniper. 

Playlist - Reach NBNS MLG (I've always hated matchmaking. The most bearable one was this one.)

Map - Lockout

Gametype -  Oddball

Weapon - Halo CE pistol

Playlist - Team Hardcore

Map - Midship

Gametype - CTF

Weapon - Halo 2 BR

Playlist - Halo 3's MLG playlist

Map - Narrows/Construct

Gametype - Heretic Ball

Weapon - BR

Playlist - MLG FFA playlist H3

Map: The Pit

Weapon: H2 BR or HR ZB DMR

Playlist: Any MLG playlist

Map:The Pit 

Gametype: CTF (BR starts)

Weapon: BR 

Playlist: H3 Team Hardcore

Though my fondest memories are Big Team CTF on Lan in the old days on maps like Sidewinder or Sandtrap. #elephantwars

Map: Halo 2 Lockout

Weapon: HR Sniper

Playlist: HR Living Dead and H4 Doubles (even though I get destroyed everytime)

Map - Prisoner

weapon - h1 pistol

gametype - middy flag

playlist - tie between Hardcore FFA and Team Hardcore (h2)