Sign in to follow this  
ooo SMILEY ooo

Your favorite map, gametype, weapon & playlist of all time.

Mine,

Map- Halo 2 Containment

Weapon- Halo 2 Battle Rifle

I love the way it feels, functions, and has Zero Spread issues, and I have taken up loving the Light Rifle in Halo 4 because it feels the closest to the Halo 2 BR to me.

Gametype- Classic CTF

Playlist- Halo 2 Big Team Battle

• Upvote (+1) 1

Map: I like a lot of maps, so I'll list some

-Spire and Breakpoint

-Tempest

-Anchor 9

-Zealot

-Avalanche

-Monolith

Gametype: Halo 3 Infection (for custom games) otherwise, Stockpile/Headhunter, and Slayer

Weapon: All about the silenced SMG

Playlist: (I'll give one for each game)

-Halo 3: Lone Wolves/Team Slayer

-Halo Reach: MLG v7/Super Slayer/Invasion

-Halo 4: Team Doubles, and I also see myself enjoying Legendary Slayer

• Downvote (-1) 1

sword base ts with 5sk br, also infinity slayer is my favorite playlist

Serious: Favorite gametype is King, favorite weapon would probably be H4 4sk/4sk LR or the CE magnum, favorite map for h4 Landfall, favorite for reach Zealot/Powerhouse, h3 idk.

Reach ZB DMR was nice, my personal opinion was that the rof could have used some speeding up or 4sk with slower rof. The 1.6s min killtime was too much for me.

map, gametype, weapon & playlist

Map: Middy <3

Gametype: H2/H3 FFA or CTF

Weapon: Halo 2 BR

Playlist: The OG THC, Team Hardcore

sword base ts with 5sk br, also infinity slayer is my favorite playlist

Serious: Favorite gametype is King, favorite weapon would probably be H4 4sk/4sk LR or the CE magnum, favorite map for h4 Landfall, favorite for reach Zealot/Powerhouse, h3 idk.

Reach ZB DMR was nice, my personal opinion was that the rof could have used some speeding up or 4sk with slower rof. The 1.6s min killtime was too much for me.

oh yeah! I really like Powerhouse too!

oh yeah! I really like Powerhouse too!

It was a pretty good asym, Hill had some potential on that. Sad that it never got picked up and we got stuck with just Countdown and Zealot..

It was a pretty good asym, Hill had some potential on that. Sad that it never got picked up and we got stuck with just Countdown and Zealot..

They tested Reflection instead of it :(

Map: The Pit (Halo 3)

Gametype: Oddball (on Guardian, to be specific)

Weapon: Halo 3 BR

Playlist: Team Doubles

I feel like I have to explain this or I'll get ran out of town... personally, I've always liked The Pit. It has the ability to be a very fast paced or very slow map. I recall a particular Slayer game where sK ordered all of Triggers Down to hide and it was nuts to see them just camp around their Sniper Tower and wait. To me, those nail biter moments are more exciting than a 5 minute CTF game on Onslaught. Just because they're flicking between screens, no one wants to be that guy but everyone wants that winning kill...

But that said, Oddball on Guardian was like... my favorite gametype just because of how team-orientated I felt it was, but just Oddball in general. You need to know when to drop it and fight, when to rotate, and when to play ball. It was always fun to have our Snipe/Elbow/Green setup broken, just for us to rotate to Blue/Gold and keep control.

When I say I like the Halo 3 BR the best, that's only because I, personally, enjoyed it not being hit scan. I spent so much time playing that game that I got to know how far to lead my shots like the back of my hand and it was really rewarding to win those long distance fights without taking a hit. That said, spread sucked and the netcode was horrible but on LAN, I think it would be my favorite.

And I've always been a 2v2 fan - it's what I started with in Halo 2 and between that and Team Slayer in Halo 3, I ran that shit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Map : Waterworks

Gametype : 1 bomb (terminal mostly) 

Weapon : Halo 2 sniper

Playlist : Team snipers in Halo 2.

Ya, I loved halo 2.

Honorable mentions

Map : Standoff, Lockout, Headlong

Grenade Launcher

FUCK

I TAKE MINE BACK. THIS FUCKING GUN RIGHT HERE.

Oh, the lulz that were had on Uncaged. Literally grab it, aim half way up the pillars by Rockets, wait, fire, easy kill to start every game, guaranteed. If this doesn't come back in place of the Sticky Det for Halo 5, I'll fucking riot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I do hope the Grenade Launcher returns, it and the Plasma Launcher gave the biggest laughs I have ever had in a Halo game in Reach. Those blueberry plasma balls chasing your enemies around the maps was hilarious, especially if they were in a fast moving vehicle such as the Warthog.

H2 BR, H2 & 3 Carbine, H4 LR, HCE Magnum, HR Grenade Launcher, HR ZB DMR, all excellent choices for Favorite Weapons of all time. The H4 Light Rifle is almost perfect imo.. and it has that feel I love when I take a shot, even with its slower rate of fire Un-Scoped, I do wish it was a little more unique in its own right as a Alien weapon but I still really enjoy it.

The H4 Rail-Gun is another weapon with a lot of potential, but damn it needs to actually do damage when you hit a opponent.. sometimes it seems like it simply bounces off of them instead of killing them, it needs more bang and penetration.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Map : Lockout, first map I ever played with friends at their house. Lot and lots of good times on that map :)

Gametype : Oddball (Before Halo 4) 

Weapon : BR

Playlist : Halo Reach Action Sack :D

Map: Headlong (original layout but with Breakneck's mancannon rather than the teleporter)

Gametype: BTBnet 3 site Extraction (shameless plug since I made it, but hey I really love this gametype!)

Weapon: Grenade Launcher

Playlist: Reach MLGv7 (<3 Nexus KotH)

Headlong just has everything I like in a map - varied combat locations, verticality, interesting line of sight, versatility.

3 Site Extraction is always intense; it's a power struggle all the way through - deciding which sites to give up, when map/weapon control is more important, ensuring that spawns are manipulated, and just getting a clutch conversion all give it a lot of depth in an 8v8.

The Grenade Launcher... I don't think I need to explain this one!

Reach MLG had great ZBNS gameplay and Nexus KotH which was probably my second favourite KotH game behind Construct. I just loved how knowledge was such a separator of players in that gametype. Knowing exactly what you were doing with the spawns could win games, it rewarded the kind of smart that I believe every pro player should be required to have in order to succeed yet don't currently need because not enough gametypes demand it of them.

Nexus KotH which was probably my second favourite KotH game behind Construct. I just loved how knowledge was such a separator of players in that gametype. Knowing exactly what you were doing with the spawns could win games, it rewarded the kind of smart that I believe every pro player should be required to have in order to succeed yet don't currently need because not enough gametypes demand it of them.

You mean like Ryanoob killing himself top blue to get red closet spawn? I loved that map...