Wpns Grade

Halo needs a Renaissance. Looking Back is the Key to Success

Maybe one day wel get a nice reboot that will actually acknowledge what made Halo popular to begin with.

Don't think we're close to that day though. The vocal minority of apologists have created an echo chamber around 343.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I've had this sigged since yesterday. Fully agree. I assume you won't mind if I use clips of this in a video I'm making (with credit given, of course).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I say let 343 do whatever they want but at least release the source code to the older games that they won't be profiting from anymore. Let the playerbase take over what they have no interest in. The players like me that are still hung up on the older games are not the target demographic for their new stuff anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is a great idea. However, a series" reboot' isn't necessary. 343 simply needs to reevaluate what to do to make Halo great again...pun intended. See what worked in the classics and draw from new ideas (not from popular games), but don't overdo new ideas. Its the most ideal thing. But 343 does have their vision too. All's we can do is give them feedback. As for me, I like and dislike their direction of Halo. I like How Halo 5s mechanics flow, and I like their storytelling in Halo 4. Using those games as examples, they can create a masterpiece for Halo 6, taking what you, me, and others mention plus classic mechanics. They can definitely do it.

One of the best Halo related videos I've seen in a while. Great job, I hope 343 listens but I know they will probably stay in their ivory tower.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've had this sigged since yesterday. Fully agree. I assume you won't mind if I use clips of this in a video I'm making (with credit given, of course).

Yea no problem!

I love the video,soo don't take this the wrong way; you're preaching to the choir here. R/halo and Waypoint need to see this kind of stuff. Those people need to be saved from themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I love the video,soo don't take this the wrong way; you're preaching to the choir here. R/halo and Waypoint need to see this kind of stuff. Those people need to be saved from themselves.

I concur.  OP did you tweet this video to the staff at 343?

Ya. Post this on reddit. I could use a laugh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ya. Post this on reddit. I could use a laugh.

lol I would but it will probably be removed for "Self advertising". Unless of course one of you are willing to do it

Although core gameplay is arguably the most important thing when it comes to Halo. I feel like art-style and atmosphere is a very underrated reason as to why Halo has lost its touch. Even if H5 had classic Halo formula, it would still feel wrong IMO. Halo had one of the best art-styles, sound design, music and overrall atmosphere and I deeply miss it along with true Halo formula.

• Upvote (+1) 6

To be fair, there are alot of people on reddit and waypoint who also aren't too fond of 343s direction. But many of them post less because they don't play the game as much or have tired of their complaints falling on deaf ears.

Naturally the people who make MOST of the posts are the ones who find enjoyment with the game as it is. Showing them a video isn't going to make them stop liking what they like.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be fair, there are alot of people on reddit and waypoint who also aren't too fond of 343s direction. But many of them post less because they don't play the game as much or have tired of their complaints falling on deaf ears.

Naturally the people who make MOST of the posts are the ones who find enjoyment with the game as it is. Showing them a video isn't going to make them stop liking what they like.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Great video. Numbers don't lie people. Halo continually grew with the first three titles than continually declined starting with Reach (the first title to change the core mechanics with reticle bloom and sprint).

Another argument I would add is a response to people who say what competitive Halo needs is to appeal to the casuals. Look at Halo 3 which is the peak of Halo in terms of consistent population. The competitive settings couldn't have been more different from the casual settings. Different movement speeds, jump heights, removal of radar and the removal of almost all the sandbox (automatics, hammer, brute shot, bubble shield, energy drain, etc) yet it was the most successful competitive title in the series. What does this tell you? We need a Halo title that's challenging and that has the core mechanics that made Halo so great. Not an easy one that keeps getting changed for the sake of change.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Great video. Numbers don't lie people. Halo continually grew with the first three titles than continually declined starting with Reach (the first title to change the core mechanics with reticle bloom and sprint).

The excuses people come up with to combat this boggle the mind.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The excuses people come up with to combat this boggle the mind.

Dude there was literally no competition in the FPS market before 2010 do your research.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Dude there was literally no competition in the FPS market before 2010 do your research.

Dear god I hope you're joking...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right here. I used to post very actively in /r/Halo, but haven't been active in quite some time. The echo chamber of 343 praise, and mass downvoting of anything even approaching a critique of the game became tiresome. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Right here. I used to post very actively in /r/Halo, but haven't been active in quite some time. The echo chamber of 343 praise, and mass downvoting of anything even approaching a critique of the game became tiresome. 

I used to post in /r/Halo a lot, and actually remember seeing your posts pretty often. You have good opinions :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's hilarious that those people think they represent the majority when the damn subreddit usually has like 300 people active.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I used to post in /r/Halo a lot, and actually remember seeing your posts pretty often. You have good opinions :D

Lol, thanks man. 

I doubt they'll ever go back to roots of what made Halo good anyway. You cant add gimmicks for years and then all of a sudden remove em again. I think its time for a new game to rise, inspired by the original halo trilogy. Reintroduce all the juicy flaws halo had to offer and no gimmicks.