Sign in to follow this  
zZunair

The Hype and Positivity Community Montage

Hey guys, the H&P community is a group of players that wanted to improve their game at Halo 5. We massed players interested in the game from different backgrounds such as CoD, Shadowrun, Fighting Games, etc. and used our different backgrounds to improve on the game together. To consolidate with Halo 5, we thought we would create a montage for our community.

So here you guys go!

• Upvote (+1) 6

I was waiting for a clip from Nox, I knew it would end the montage.

Really enjoy the song choice but to be able to hear the game sound too would be nice. 

I greatly appreciate and can understand the passion behind this, but man, this feels.... Clunky. The transitioning was really subpar, the music didn't really fit the moments, and there weren't transitions where they might've worked and vice versa. Like the long spans of time for longer multikills where the video itself was just sped up, over doing some concise cuts/crossfades either to the beat, or something else. Just slowed the pace down with extraneous stuff. Granted, that isn't a shot to the editor. As an editor, I know it isn't an easy thing to do and I'm not going to bullshit that point out, but this could've used more geltime.

I do like how it isn't flashy or obnoxious in presentation (Be that un/intentional), bar the intro, however. The first few seconds where it was just a bunch of random games flying by. I don't see the point to that, it was an eyesore over anything. If those were separate clips from the main collection, they should've been put there, because I had no idea what was going on for that, and I never will. Just keep it simple like you  have it now, but tighten it to a musical beat, with proper transitions and the like.

For a first step, it was fine. 4/10. However, I hope to see improvement in the future if you (whoever did this) continues editing these together. Great potential here.

I greatly appreciate and can understand the passion behind this, but man, this feels.... Clunky. The transitioning was really subpar, the music didn't really fit the moments, and there weren't transitions where they might've worked and vice versa. Like the long spans of time for longer multikills where the video itself was just sped up, over doing some concise cuts/crossfades either to the beat, or something else. Just slowed the pace down with extraneous stuff. Granted, that isn't a shot to the editor. As an editor, I know it isn't an easy thing to do and I'm not going to bullshit that point out, but this could've used more geltime.

I do like how it isn't flashy or obnoxious in presentation (Be that un/intentional), bar the intro, however. The first few seconds where it was just a bunch of random games flying by. I don't see the point to that, it was an eyesore over anything. If those were separate clips from the main collection, they should've been put there, because I had no idea what was going on for that, and I never will. Just keep it simple like you  have it now, but tighten it to a musical beat, with proper transitions and the like.

For a first step, it was fine. 4/10. However, I hope to see improvement in the future if you (whoever did this) continues editing these together. Great potential here.

I feel you on your complaints and don't really disagree (though idk anything whatsoever on editing tbh) but the montage was more made for funzies  and was made from someone inside the community. But yea I don't really disagree with you on your critique 

I feel you on your complaints and don't really disagree (though idk anything whatsoever on editing tbh) but the montage was more made for funzies  and was made from someone inside the community. But yea I don't really disagree with you on your critique 

Should do one (or suggest the creator to make one) for realzies in the future, could have a really cool thing on your hands.

Should do one (or suggest the creator to make one) for realzies in the future, could have a really cool thing on your hands.

Yea for sure well probably do that for the next game if anything since most moved to play other games.

Montages are funny.  Some people love the editing, but i only give a shit about editing if it gets in the way of the clips.

Give me a series of unedited clips so i can see how the whole thing played out and i'll play my own music over it lol.

It was good except for some of the over-edited parts that were already pointed out.

The only addition i would make editing-wise would be to include a small overlay of the players tag on each clip so we know who is playing for each clip without looking at the killfeed.  If they happened to be on an alt there wouldnt be a way to tell regardless.