Sign in to follow this  
Hard Way

Improve any Halo as much as you can in 3 changes.

Master Chief collection

2. Don't use CE PC or H2V as basis for remaking Xbox games

They sorta had to lol, but they had access to the source code and didnt fix anything. 

Halo Ce:  Absolutely nothing.

Halo 2 - Halo 5:  Make it Ce. 

I'm half-joking but really...it's hard for me to not say anything otherwise.

So I'll just focus the rest of my post on more or less preserving the original gameplay of the games

Halo Ce

-Fix things like jump delay.

-An in game timer.

-Tweak the sandbox, add a few more weapons and bring the usefulness of the covenant weapons up to par with the UNSC ones.

Halo 2:

-The FoV for Halo 2 and onwards is absurdly low.  Ce had 86 as default.  H2 has like 70.

-Redesign most of the maps.  Flat donut maps shouldn't make up 90% of the roster.

-Reduce magnetism across the board, make BR more consistent.

Halo 3:

-Replace the Battle Rifle with a consistent Projectile DMR.  Decrease killtimes across the board.

-Again, why the atrocious FoV?

-Replace equipment with better, less defense-orientated alternatives.

Halo Reach

-Remove sprint, design armor abilities around being map pickups.

-Decrease killtimes, remove bloom.

-Better maps.

Halo 4:

-Rename the game to something gritty like Cyberfront: Hardline

-Add even more military shooter features.

-Rework the story into being about fighting Communist Chinese Robots on an American Territorial Planet.

Halo 5:

-Remove redundant weapons.

-Remove most of the spartan abilities.

-Get better artists who won't meme all over the game's aesthetic.

edit: DECREASE killtimes for Halo 3

• Upvote (+1) 6

For Halo 3:

Good shot registration (I can live with spread as long as my shots count)

Wider FOV

Stronger rest of the weapon sandbox

All Halo's need wider FOVs, its a very over looked thing. The smaller FOVs really contribute to how things look slower in newer Halo titles.

maxresdefault.jpg

zeUhEry.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

Slow them down?? No way. The hit detection in that game was atrocious, random spread or no, im not going to make it worse.

Halo 3 is barely above Reach for me for basically that reason plus the 12 degree FoV.

Oh I wasn't even thinking about the netcode, just the principle of it. I get what you're saying though.

Excuse me but have you heard of the RRBX?

It's the hardest halo 2 button glitch to pull off, it allows you to midclip BXR, without the XSV

it's 2 ez pls boiz. 

Halo 2

-Reduce auto aim on Sniper

-Increase splash damage and velocity on rockets (Like CE)

-Altered map layouts/Customizable maps (moveable and placeable weapons)

honorable mention:

-Removing sword from the sandbox entirely and increased emphasis on powerups in it's place.

I'm not of the opinion that blanket static timers would automatically make halo 2 a better game but it would immediately improve all lockout gametypes. In my opinion there are certain aspects of maps that would greatly improve from static timing while other aspects of the same map would not. Items in centralized locations (OS on BC) or dual spawn items (Snipers on Sanc) don't need static timers in my opinion, however something like rockets on BC or sniper on lockout would absolutely benefit from static timing and improve the overall meta. There's much less to think about in h2 than a game like CE so i think it's much easier to keep track of weapon and power up times than people let on, at least for me. You don't need to focus as much on things like spawns in halo 2 (compared to CE) so it's nice to at least have something to worry about.

I saw some one recommend blanket 1 minute static for halo 2: Sanc is a slow enough gametype to begin with, the last thing i'd want is a sniper dropping every minute - Unless you're playing with a bunch of savages you'd likely end up with at least 2 players with significant snipe ammo in play on each team and possibly 3-4 players on one team controlling a sniper depending on how the second drop goes. Literally no one would move. it'd be 05 sanc snipes with an obj on the map and everyone would turn into a gargoyle. If static was going to be introduced across the board the spawn times would have to be determined on a map by map basis. For example: 3 Minute Static would work fine on Sanc (That's an average sniper cycle on that map anyways- two minutes from drop and about a minute of usage if you're shooting at a normal pace) but it would be a nightmare on a map like lockout which would actually benefit from a shorter static spawn time like 1 minute. Just my two cents.

great fucking thread idea btw.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They sorta had to lol, but they had access to the source code and didnt fix anything. 

Is it just because of the architecture of the Xbone vs that of the og Xbox or are there other reasons?

Is it just because of the architecture of the Xbone vs that of the og Xbox or are there other reasons?

OG Xbox has like a 16 year old architecture, porting the exact code wont work since it was only optimized for that architecture. Xbox One is x86 like a PC(It uses windows), so it would have be easier to use the Halo PC version which can be played on any x86 Windows system. You need an emulator to get the true OG Xbox feel(or play on the actual OG Xbox), or if you want an enhanced version of the real Halo CE then fix the PC version which isnt bound to being only played on an OG Xbox or Emulator.  

Same goes for Halo 2.

It's interesting to me that "jump delay" in halo 1 is universally a thing. I'm sure it is different just based on how often I see it mentioned, but since it's the only Halo or even fps I play, it just feels like jumping to me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

CE:

1. Fix all mid-air look glitches, and the crouchlock during grenade throws

2. Support dedicated servers

3. Reduce screen-text for pickups and add in-game timer

H2:

1. Revert melee lunge to CE style melees

2. Static weapon spawns

3. Support dedicated server, but allow all players to BRX reload and grenade jump

H3:

1. Zero BR spread

2. Revert strafe acceleration to H2/CE levels

3. Fix OS to not be bullshit

H4:

1. Flinch

2. Tone down the autoaim

3. Moar maps

ZBNS Reach:

1. Add thrust, like Halo 5

2. Fix melee bleed-through garbage

3. Moar maps

H5:

1. Reduce spartan charge damage to normal melee, increase knockback

2. Set a 3 second fuse that must expire before scatter nades explode, but start the counter as soon as it's thrown

3. Majorly reduce spread and autoaim for AR and Storm Rifle, remove all SMGs

And the granddaddy of all issues:

Solve framerate issues on Forge maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

OG Xbox has like a 16 year old architecture, porting the exact code wont work since it was only optimized for that architecture. Xbox One is x86 like a PC(It uses windows), so it would have be easier to use the Halo PC version which can be played on any x86 Windows system. You need an emulator to get the true OG Xbox feel(or play on the actual OG Xbox), or if you want an enhanced version of the real Halo CE then fix the PC version which isnt bound to being only played on an OG Xbox or Emulator.  

Same goes for Halo 2.

Yeah, that's what I figured.

H3: no br spread, better strafe, ce/h2 aiming.

anything else is objectively wrong.  :bman:

CE.

1. Fix the turning thing, so when people are looking at you on their screen you can tell.  (I don't remember if xbox CE had this problem, but it's my biggest issue on MCC version)

2. better spawning system in 4v4

H2.

Don't care, the game sucks.

H3.

1. Fix hit detection

2. Fix overshield problems

3. nerf sword lunge range

Reach.

There is no saving this gigantic pile of crap

H4. -you cant fix this game with 3 things, but here are a few

1. Slayer pro settings

2. Remove Boltshot

3. Nerf aim assist, bullet mag etc.

4. Add the ability to drop the damn flag, no flagnum

5. no throwing bomb, oddball etc

6. better maps

H5.

1.Remove all spartan abilities including sprint

2.Design maps that are actually good.

3.Change aiming.  Pretty much just make aiming like in H1.

4. Nerf all autos.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo Reach:

Add Arena style-rankings to more than just the 4v4 Arena Playlist. Specifically MLG, Doubles, Team Slayer and Team Objective. This is the updated Arena ranking where only winning matter (not he convoluted individual scoring of earlier Arena Seasons.) Also make Arena ranks update in real time instead of once a day.

Remove Armor Abilities as a starting/loadout option. Make them map pickups only but only really use jetpack/evade.

Remove bloom altogether on every weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh I wasn't even thinking about the netcode, just the principle of it. I get what you're saying though.

Oh yeah, i would have no problem with all weapons being projectile as long as they're consistent.  If i have to lead my shots a bit, no big deal as long as each game i'm in is the same amount of lead.  Not necessarily the same from game to game, i just don't want it to change constantly during the game i'm in which is pretty hard to do.  If they could guarantee that, go projectile.  But otherwise stay hitscan unless the weapon does splash damage.

H4. -you cant fix this game with 3 things, but here are a few

4. Add the ability to drop the damn flag, no flagnum

5. no throwing bomb, oddball etc

You know, i never even though of this but why would they think that being unable to drop the flag was a good idea, yet throwing the ball a mile was fine?

Halo 3 (I'm going to ignore online here)

- 90 degree field of view

- Leave shot lead but make the spread tight/the same on every shot

- make controller input identical to Halo 2 as far as aiming goes

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh yeah, i would have no problem with all weapons being projectile as long as they're consistent. If i have to lead my shots a bit, no big deal as long as each game i'm in is the same amount of lead. Not necessarily the same from game to game, i just don't want it to change constantly during the game i'm in which is pretty hard to do. If they could guarantee that, go projectile. But otherwise stay hitscan unless the weapon does splash damage.

You know, i never even though of this but why would they think that being unable to drop the flag was a good idea, yet throwing the ball a mile was fine?

It's one of those decisions that you can tell was made by someone that doesn't play Halo. They didn't do their research and actually PLAY the game, watch any decent gameplay, or understand why things work or don't work. They just thought something sounded good on paper and went with it.

Anybody that has ever made a flag pass would know how much you lose by not being able to drop the flag. But they clearly didn't have that experience.

Anybody that has ever had a clutch play-ball or had someone do it to them would know how easily ball throwing could be exploited. But they never experienced it. They just thought it and did it.

No research. No outside input. Just ruining Halo with uneducated opinions. These are the people that get put in charge of shit.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It's one of those decisions that you can tell was made by someone that doesn't play Halo. They didn't do their research and actually PLAY the game, watch any decent gameplay, or understand why things work or don't work. They just thought something sounded good on paper and went with it.

Anybody that has ever made a flag pass would know how much you lose by not being able to drop the flag. But they clearly didn't have that experience.

Anybody that has ever had a clutch play-ball or had someone do it to them would know how easily ball throwing could be exploited. But they never experienced it. They just thought it and did it.

No research. No outside input. Just ruining Halo with uneducated opinions. These are the people that get put in charge of shit.

Thats also what happens when you outsource your MP development with no oversight.

Cool thread idea

HCE

1. Add some sort of visuel queue to player's who have OS

2. Get rid of the jump delay

3. Change the spawn system to something more akin to 2/3/4/etc when you're playing 4v4 or 8v8

H2

1. Get rid of SMG spawns

2. Nerf the PP

3. Nerf the Sword

H3

1. Either up movement speed/acceleration or increase FOV(or all 3)

2. Get rid of AR spawns

3. No random spread on the BR

Reach(oh fuck where to start!)

1. Remove the entire idea of bloom on precision weapons

2. Go back in time and slap whoever suggested sprint be added

3. Either up movement speed/acceleration or increase FOV(or all 3)

H4

1.Go back in time and slap whoever suggested sprint be added

2. No random PW spawns

3. No loudouts

H5

1. Sprint

2. Nerf the autos

3. Go back in time and slap whoever suggested unified settings

4. Go back in time and slap whoever suggested the aiming be changed.

Moral of the story...I need a time machine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo1

Multihost capabilities

Play splitscreen without 2nd person

180 glitch is annoying and makes you feel less in control so remove it.

Halo 2

Change grenade arc to match the original series. Biggest reason i dont play it

Static timers

Allow an easier way to neutral host

Special mention to fixing the shit camo. At least the fov is 72 or 78 on 16:9.

Halo 3

Obv no spread on the br, carbine, or pistol. Id add plasma rifle to the list too

Increase movement speed and strafe speed

Increase fov to 90.

Halo 4

Return descope

Remove spread/bloom

Remove perks/spartanabilities

Shoutout: Change the soundsback to the oiginal. Especially the brh

Halo reach

Make camo like halo 3s

Import all maps from prev games or better maps

Reduce bullet mag on all weps (and aim assist on sniper).

Reach just had a lot of annoying little stuff.

H5

Fix aiming lmao. How is it still so clunky.

Remove movement sound

Pistol is 4shot same rof with a clip of 12

Everything else is fine. Its the devs that choose bad settings

Also remove movement sounds from all games while were at it

It's starting to get technical here, but one question about the aiming

I heard halo 3's aiming is different to the other halo's, in the sense of grid aiming and radial aiming....

Can someone explain to me what those are?

It's starting to get technical here, but one question about the aiming

I heard halo 3's aiming is different to the other halo's, in the sense of grid aiming and radial aiming....

Can someone explain to me what those are?

@@MultiLockOn explained it in the HCS thread, I think.

@@MultiLockOn explained it in the HCS thread, I think.

I explained it the way it was explained to me but after being unable to find ANY article on grid aiming in Halo 3 I'm starting to think my memory may be playing tricks on me. Honestly I might email one of the programmers who worked on Halo 3 at the time just to see if I can get any clarification on it.