Sign in to follow this  
Hard Way

Improve any Halo as much as you can in 3 changes.

Halo 1:

Remove the bullet spread on the pistol.

Replace the old netcode with a modern one that is playable online while obviously keeping the guns projectile based.

Make the shield recharge speed identical to H2/H3 there's no reason for it to be so slow.

H2

Make it so all guns use projectiles instead of hitscan and reduce bullet magnetism.

Every powerup/power weapon should be on static timers.

H3

Make the spread on the BR identical to it's H2 counterpart.

Significantly increase the kill times on the BR either make it 3sk or increase projectile speeds.

Increase the movement speed and remove equipment.

HR

Remove any trace of armor abilities/bloom from the game.

Make the DMR a 4sk and make all guns projectile instead of hitscan.

Make the shield recharge speed identical to H2/H3 and make Arena W/L based.

H4:

Remove every single armor ability/perk from the game and loadouts don't exist.

Ordance no longer exists and every gun is instead placed on static weapon timers.

Make every gun use projectiles instead of hitscan and buff the DMR into a 4sk.

H5

Spartan abilities do not exist and maps are scaled accordingly.

All guns are projectile based instead of hitscan and use classic zoom.

The magnum functions identically to it's CE counterpart minus bullet spread.

These changes would massively improve how the last 3 games play and we probably wouldn't be where we are now if Reach played at launch like a classic Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo CE

* Remove jump delay

* Add an in-game timer

* Use the H3 or H4 spawn system outside of 2v2s

Halo 2

* Tone down aim assist across the board

* Make everything projectile

* Shorten the melee range

Halo 3

* Change random spread to controlled spread

* Increase movement speed and acceleration

Halo 4 

* Remove Sprint and up base movement speed

* Add Descope 

* Reduce aim assist on all weapons

Halo 5

* Remove Sprint 

* Swap Smart Scope with Old Zoom

* Reduce the FOV or change the Spartans model size

• Upvote (+1) 1

I saw some one recommend blanket 1 minute static for halo 2: Sanc is a slow enough gametype to begin with, the last thing i'd want is a sniper dropping every minute - Unless you're playing with a bunch of savages you'd likely end up with at least 2 players with significant snipe ammo in play on each team and possibly 3-4 players on one team controlling a sniper depending on how the second drop goes. Literally no one would move. it'd be 05 sanc snipes with an obj on the map and everyone would turn into a gargoyle. If static was going to be introduced across the board the spawn times would have to be determined on a map by map basis. For example: 3 Minute Static would work fine on Sanc (That's an average sniper cycle on that map anyways- two minutes from drop and about a minute of usage if you're shooting at a normal pace) but it would be a nightmare on a map like lockout which would actually benefit from a shorter static spawn time like 1 minute. Just my two cents.

Good call, I went back and edited my post because I felt like I probably should of put more thought into the timers. The timers should definitely vary depending on the map and game type being played because I don't think Halo 2's maps and objective game types would play well with universal timers for power-ups and power weapons.

Anyways the main reason why I was advocating for the sniper to spawn every one minute was because I was also advocating for Halo 2's BR and sniper to be swapped for Halo 1's pistol and sniper. I also forgot to mention in my other post that if the sniper spawned every one minute I would also desire for it to spawn with less ammo in it, perhaps only one spare clip in it or even zero spare clips in it. Don't worry I wouldn't advocate for the sniper to be put on a one min static timer if I were to desire for Halo 2's utility weapon and sniper to stay the way that they currently are.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Y'all are some cheatin' ass motherfuckers.

Well... especially when it comes to the later games, 3 changes simply ain't enough.

Well... especially when it comes to the later games, 3 changes simply ain't enough.

THATS THE POINT!! Make a difficult decision! Lol that's where the fun comes in, and you might need to defend your choices over leaving out something else.

For the metagame, I'd say

• Reduce range and remove smart link bonuses for all assault weapons
  • Remove Hydra and splinters from competitive playlists
  • Remove Spartan Charge
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Ok I will try:

HCE:

#1 Add an in game timer. You know this is mandatory when any decent player is using one by external means.

#2 Remove the jump delay. The worst thing to come back to from newer games.

#3 Fine tune and build off the weapon sandbox(if I have to pick one its redesign the Magnum reticule to allow better readability of shot placement, and remove the pointless full auto + spread from it. But I would also like the AR spread to be removed in favor of Bloom for Tap-firing accuracy, the Shotty be consistent and the PR spread removed along with buffs to the PP and especially Needler)

H2:

#1 Static weapon spawns.

#2 Significantly reduced bullet magnetism.

#3 Add the in game service tag feature in game for easier callouts.

H3:

#1 Remove BR spread.

#2 Increase FoV or increase movement speed.

#3 Buff the weak sandbox.

Reach:

#1 Bring back melee bleedthrough.

#2 Remove Bloom on precision weapons.

#3 Remove Armor Abilities from spawn and possibly put them on the map.

Oops I made V7 settings.

H4:

#1 Remove the Infinity Slayer as default with AAs on maps again.

#2 Remove Sprint.

#3 Remove Flinch.

Oops pretty much H2A right there.

H5:

#1 Actually Fix the aiming.

#2 Remove Spartan Abilities.

#3 Increase radar to anywhere from 25-40 meters in casual modes. 18 is way too short to even enjoy this game casually, especially in default H5 with all the movement abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I won't include custom settings such as increasing movement speed.

Halo 2:

1.) Reduce bullet magnetism

2.) Remove ability to instantly lunge with sword when you take it out

3.) Buff pistol

Halo 3:

1.) Remove bullet spread

2.) Better netcode

3.) Buff pistol

Halo Reach:

1.) Remove bloom

2a.) Remove armor abilities (technically custom options)

2b.) Nerf grenades

3.) Include bleedthrough

Halo 4:

1.) Remove perks

2.) Remove weapon unlock system

3.) Vote for Jill Stein

^ 3 isn't enough

Halo MCC:

1.) Release a working product

Halo 5:

1.) Fix aiming

2.) Reduce bullet magnetism

3.) Many weapon sandbox updates.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Using CE as my base, I will talk about what I would do as a modern "true" sequel to Halo CE, technical improvements like MM or jump delay excluded, gameplay ideas only:

1: Double Jump mechanic that "replaces" the fall height negation by crouching, allowing you to avoid it by using your extra jump, and adds a mid air strafe allowing for more freedom in vertical designs without removing the ability to always be able tp shoot and move. Doom 2016 had the right idea.

2: Retain the pistol's lethality, but allow more weapons in the sandbox to shine, which could be acheived with stronger supporting sandbox, or slowing the pistols RoF to 0.9 minimum kill time.

3: every awesome addition since 2 - 5 to Halo is in this hypothetical sequel

I am not so sure about the double-jump, as I haven't played Doom 2016 so I really can't comment, but I definitely agree on everything else.

It would be amazing if HCE was used as a base but focused on improving and expanding upon the gameplay(and fixing the old issues), instead of outright changing it.

I would rather buff and enhance the supporting Sandbox than nerf the Magnum (which BTW I would like to have no spread or full auto with a smaller more precise looking reticule).

But to have such a awesome base game AND THEN add in Forge, Theater, Armor Customization, Firefight, and another great Campaign for that complete Halo experience would be a dream come true.

Unless we're gonna have a single shot projectile utility, then 3SK is probably too strong. Like for H2, I would drop some aim assist as well, but I would keep the BR at 4SK anyways.

Basically my whole thing with utility weapons is if it's hitscan, it should probably be 4SK. If it's projectile AND single shot, it can be 3SK.

I know that I am a bit late on this but I wanted to comment anyway.

I don't see an issue with a 3sk BR, especially if its difficult enough to control recoil as you have said in other posts.

Also, I know that it might not be the best game to take ideas from, but in Destiny, burst-fire weapons are always 3sk and sometimes even 2sk but the catch is usually both high recoil and multiple bullet precision hits are required for the perfect kill instead of just one like in Halo.

And the 40mm Cannon from Titanfall 1 had a burst-fire mod for it. The gun itself was both Projectile and had a slight bullet drop too it, along with requiring multiple precision hits. Although it was a Titan weapon so the killtime was long anyway, the reasonably good servers allowed this gun to be so satisfying to use, and should be sort of how the BR works in Halo.

Just my 2 cents.

I know that I am a bit late on this but I wanted to comment anyway.

I don't see an issue with a 3sk BR, especially if its difficult enough to control recoil as you have said in other posts.

Also, I know that it might not be the best game to take ideas from, but in Destiny, burst-fire weapons are always 3sk and sometimes even 2sk but the catch is usually both high recoil and multiple bullet precision hits are required for the perfect kill instead of just one like in Halo.

And the 40mm Cannon from Titanfall 1 had a burst-fire mod for it. The gun itself was both Projectile and had a slight bullet drop too it, along with requiring multiple precision hits. Although it was a Titan weapon so the killtime was long anyway, the reasonably good servers allowed this gun to be so satisfying to use, and should be sort of how the BR works in Halo.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah if you crank the shit out of the recoil like I'd like to do, then a 3sk BR would be worth testing. The only thing that would make the BR not redundant is to make it feel like you're firing refrigerators at people.