Devilman

Halo 1: Neutral Host Edition

Just finished the LAN I mentioned earlier. This game is so sick. Had a new guy play with us but we still chose to do a 20 map rotation... It took us almost five hours. switching maps definitely hurt him more than helped since he's played a bit of MCC Halo 1 with me, but everyone still had a blast. We had one capture station going, which sadly was on my screen all night, one of my opponents got a sick no scope across Outbound that I wish I had clipped.

Our game on Madhouse had the biggest swing I've ever experienced. My team was up 39-16 and won the game 50-48. It was the first time any of us played on the map so I'm not sure if a swing like that is normal or if we all just suck. We got our revenge on Tinker though where we were down roughly 43-31 and came back to win 50-47ish.

I'm so jealous. I haven't had a chance to play Madhouse since they updated it and changed the geometry a bit. I think I've played one 2v2 on it ever (Reverse Tag was great on it though). I've only played Tinker once as well, at Dman's last LAN. I definitely voted for it to be added out of the batch of 5 new maps, so I'm glad to see it won.

I'm so starved to LAN here in Kansas that I've been buying the gear (CRT's, OG boxes and controllers) myself and preparing to bring them into work to play at lunch and during slow times. I'm prepared to go full training-wheels mode with these kids I work with that grew up on CoD and Destiny. Hopefully I can pull it off. I intend to not play at first, and try to get 4 newbies to play instead. When I do play, I'll use my patented subtle throwing strat of never going for rockets and never aiming for the head. I'm probably also gonna skip the hard maps like Derelict and Damnation in favor of some of the newer maps (because for once, they won't know any better...hehe).

I've never modded an Xbox before. Hopefully it's not too much of a pain in the ass. I know I need a copy of Splinter Cell. I picked one up today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm so jealous. I haven't had a chance to play Madhouse since they updated it and changed the geometry a bit. I think I've played one 2v2 on it ever (Reverse Tag was great on it though). I've only played Tinker once as well, at Dman's last LAN. I definitely voted for it to be added out of the batch of 5 new maps, so I'm glad to see it won.

I'm so starved to LAN here in Kansas that I've been buying the gear (CRT's, OG boxes and controllers) myself and preparing to bring them into work to play at lunch and during slow times. I'm prepared to go full training-wheels mode with these kids I work with that grew up on CoD and Destiny. Hopefully I can pull it off. I intend to not play at first, and try to get 4 newbies to play instead. When I do play, I'll use my patented subtle throwing strat of never going for rockets and never aiming for the head. I'm probably also gonna skip the hard maps like Derelict and Damnation in favor of some of the newer maps (because for once, they won't know any better...hehe).

I've never modded an Xbox before. Hopefully it's not too much of a pain in the ass. I know I need a copy of Splinter Cell. I picked one up today.

Madhouse almost reminded me of Derelict, whatever team was on top just ruined the people spawning on the lower four floors. With us literally only playing the map once  it could easily be that we just didn't know routes and kept taking the most predictable paths, I'm really not sure. It was still fun, and very unique with the bridge system in the middle, but it'll take some getting used to. Tinker was really good, out of the four newest maps I think it was my favorite.

That's awesome that you're going to bring a full setup to work. I've never seen Derelict played at an incredibly low level, I wonder if it would work since players aren't necessarily looking for spawns and staying on top all the time? I actually think Tinker would work well as a map for new people. You still get the fun rockets/camo/overshield, but the area is pretty easy to navigate and easy to figure out where you are. I'm really interested to hear how it goes so keep us updated!

As for modding the Xboxes yourself, that was the route I went when I was putting together my setup. The most annoying part is getting all of the files on a USB. Once you get one done though, any other Xbox is incredibly easy, pretty much just plug everything in, select a couple things from a menu, and wait a few minutes for it to finish. If you need any help let me know.

^ it takes less than 10 minutes to do it, very easy, i've done it with my boxes and it takes barely any time at all if you just follow the guides for it

when I modded my xbox for the first time, goodfellapro sent me a mod setup with action replay, splinter cell, memory card andh e guided me over xbc and teamviewer lmao it took 3 hours. dman mods my boxes in 10mins

• Upvote (+1) 2

FULLHALOTARD.gif

Thank you my good sir.

But wasn't there a similar image comparing H1 to Chess, H2 to Checkers, and H3 to Flipping a Coin, or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Thank you my good sir.

But wasn't there a similar image comparing H1 to Chess, H2 to Checkers, and H3 to Flipping a Coin, or is my mind playing tricks on me?

I don't recall seeing one like that, but it's certainly possible that it exists.

I've never seen Derelict played at an incredibly low level, I wonder if it would work since players aren't necessarily looking for spawns and staying on top all the time? 

I think the 50-10 games might actually be more common at the low level. It doesn't take a genius to run top mid with OV, and run camo snipe or rocket and shoot at whatever you see. It isn't even hard to find the enemy compared to many maps. Just keep circling and you'll inevitably see them. 

I think where the high level play comes in is taking control back. Giving a random or top spawn, sticking and moving with the ports, banking good nades, nading camo down, target prioritization, etc etc

• Upvote (+1) 5