Devilman

Halo 1: Neutral Host Edition

MCC. They stand to gain nothing if they gave the source code away

Eh... it's not like you're encroaching on the XBL ecosystem. What did id have to gain? id did it as a gift to the modding community to build some good PR for their new games. If 343 gets some good PR from a cool community project, it will certainly earn them more dollars than the number of people buying MCC to play by themselves.

Eh... it's not like you're encroaching on the XBL ecosystem. What did id have to gain? id did it as a gift to the modding community to build some good PR for their new games. If 343 gets some good PR from a cool community project, it will certainly earn them more dollars than the number of people buying MCC to play by themselves.

Because any superior version of a game thats on MCC will detract from future sales because why bother paying for MCC when you could literally just get Halo PC (there is no reason to pay for it anymore since all the CD keys are cracked)

They still like getting money, it would objectively hurt their sales. They won't do it

• Upvote (+1) 2

There was a separate download on the website that added a whole set of compatible gametypes (including a 100 kill TS) back when the v6 beta was up. I was going to link it, but I don't see it up there anymore. It should be added to the download page.

The gametypes have been added to the website.  These will show up in proper order on your xbox if you delete your existing gametypes and clear your cache (delete contents of x, y, z partitions).  :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

The gametypes have been added to the website. These will show up in proper order on your xbox if you delete your existing gametypes and clear your cache (delete contents of x, y, z partitions). :)

Directions unclear, deleted my whole HD. Someone help please.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Directions unclear, deleted my whole HD. Someone help please.

Mark do you have an edited evox.ini file? The contents at the end of my evox.ini file is as such and I'm able to clear the cache on my box from the main menu:

}

[Action_10]

LogFile          = "f:\lock.log" 
Info "This function will lock your XBOX Harddisk"
Warning "You will now lock your XBOX harddisk and will be able"
Warning "to boot from an original XBOX bios"
#
hddlockenable

Info "Format Cache Drives"
Warning "This will erase cache drives"
Progress "Formatting Cache"
#
# This will format x,y, and z
#
Format x:
Format y:
Format z:
LogFile          = "f:\lock.log" 
Info "This function will lock your XBOX Harddisk"
Warning "You will now lock your XBOX harddisk and will be able"
#
hddlockenable

[Action_11]

LogFile          = "f:\unlock.log" 
Info "This function will unlock your XBOX Harddisk"
Warning "You will now unlock your XBOX harddisk and will not be able"
#

Just played my first time on NHE at the Indy lan and I'm in love. Keep up the great work! :)

Stop throwing the line out, Mark.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just played my first time on NHE at the Indy lan and I'm in love. Keep up the great work! :)

Stop throwing the line out, Mark.

Who was at indy lan?  Finny?  Cernach?

Would it be possible to port NHE to PC? Also, what are some of the features you guys are working on now? 

Would it be possible to port NHE to PC? Also, what are some of the features you guys are working on now?

theres not much point because it already has the ability to "neutral host". Just set up a dedicated server on your computer and use that as the neutral host if you want to see fair games between others. If you mean the settings? Stuntman has pretty much already done this for his gmyf's servers tho its not 1:1 to make up for differences on the pc like better camo.

The actual "neutral host" nature of NHE is already present on Halo PC in the form of community-hosted dedicated servers. As far as the features of NHE, I am working on a map/server mod for PC (dubbed Halo PC: Evolved) and the goal is to include all the features of NHE :

-talking timer (work in progress, almost complete)

-on-screen timer (complete and available in my servers)

-training mode (work in progress, almost complete. hung up on syncing nav points for all players)

-custom maps (all are available as test versions, final releases pending completion of features)

-pre-match countdown (similar 15-second grace period at the beginning of the match in my servers)

Unfortunately due to bugs in the PC port a lot of development time that could have been spent on new functionality is being spent on fixing bugs. More info here:

http://halobugs.com/#?s=most_recent?v=halo_pce

The thread I made detailing this project desperately needs updating, since the scope of the project has expanded and the team has grown:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/11775-current-state-of-halo-pc-the-xbox-experience/

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish this was on Xbox one with matchmaking.

That ship has sailed (MCC). Now we're at a point where we aren't even sure we can get endorsed by 343i/MS because there's no official stance on modding the Xbox version. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is it possible to play NHE on a modded xbox 360? Or does it only work on a modded original xbox?

It will work on a jtag or RGH modded 360.  However you will still see the same frame drops and jitters as if you were playing on a retail copy.

I'm happy to say that version 1.0 of Halo 1: NHE has been released.

Get it here: http://halo1nhe.com/

Amazing work guys. Thank you SO much for the time and effort you put into this. The final product is damn sure something to be proud of.

Great stuff. Downloaded, ready for next lan. Thank for all your hardwork guys!

Is there any gameplay online of the new maps?

Great stuff. Downloaded, ready for next lan. Thank for all your hardwork guys!

Is there any gameplay online of the new maps?

Check out MissingNo on YouTube. Eric Wilder. He’s got a bunch of gameplay commentaries on the new maps.

I'm brand new to this, how do I get this on an OG Xbox? Is it a mod you have to install yourself or can I buy the setup from someone?

You have to have a modded Xbox. The easiest way is to buy a modded Xbox, they're pretty common. I went through the hassle of modding them myself, in which case you need a special USB cable, a compatible USB drive (within a certain size, and some just randomly don't work), and one of a handfull of games that you can load an exploit through, I used the 1.0 copy of Splinter Cell.

There's tutorials online for modding your system. I can try to track down the ones I used if you're interested in doing it yourself. Once you have a modded system you can transfer Halo 1 NHE over via the same USB stick, or by connecting your computer and Xbox together through an unmanaged switch or router (hard wired still) and using an FTP client like Filezilla to transfer the files.

------

Hosting a LAN in a couple weeks for this, thanks to everyone on the NHE team. We're really stoked to try it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just finished the LAN I mentioned earlier. This game is so sick. Had a new guy play with us but we still chose to do a 20 map rotation... It took us almost five hours. switching maps definitely hurt him more than helped since he's played a bit of MCC Halo 1 with me, but everyone still had a blast. We had one capture station going, which sadly was on my screen all night, one of my opponents got a sick no scope across Outbound that I wish I had clipped.

Our game on Madhouse had the biggest swing I've ever experienced. My team was up 39-16 and won the game 50-48. It was the first time any of us played on the map so I'm not sure if a swing like that is normal or if we all just suck. We got our revenge on Tinker though where we were down roughly 43-31 and came back to win 50-47ish.

• Upvote (+1) 2