Despite Reach getting a bad rep for maps, I really enjoyed Zealot. It was the best circular map we've ever seen in Halo. The LOS were perfect.

Zealot was the only map I liked in Reach till the Anniversary pack came out.

In no particular order

The Pit

Sanctuary

Beaver Creek

Chillout

Wizard

Sidewinder

Midship

Construct

Narrows

Zealot

Here is a list of multiplayer maps from Halo CE to Reach.

AllHaloMaps.jpg

Blood Gulch is terrible now. There I said it.

As a BTB player I agree! Incredibly overrated yet I still think it manages to be better than Valhalla/Ragnarok which are even more linear somehow).

Really though, just give me Headlong. I could play that all day.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It sucks that the majority of the disc maps in the past two games have been so bad that we keep needing to resort to remakes of old games. While I love me some Midship, Beaver Creak, Lockout, etc. I wish they could just come up with some good new maps. I mean, I'm sure making good maps is pretty difficult, but they do do this for a living, and do tons of testing and whatnot. They should be able to figure out if a map is good or not when testing.

I enjoy playing maps that are similar to old maps, yet have differences. One map that comes to my mind is "Select" from Halo: Reach. It had Narrows like qualities yet wasn't an exact replica.

one of the reasons why the map quality is so poor is because of sprint, a map like adrift/solace would've been drastically better if it were not for sprint.

Make it big and redo all the maps from the original trilogy.

hold on there mister.

Zealot was the only map I liked in Reach till the Anniversary pack came out.

countdown was good too.

As a BTB player I agree! Incredibly overrated yet I still think it manages to be better than Valhalla/Ragnarok which are even more linear somehow).

Really though, just give me Headlong. I could play that all day.

What really drags down Valhalla/Ragnarok is what you say, it is to linear, and its asymmetric qualities are pretty awful due to the bad placement, design, of them. Ragnarok should of been a improvement upon Valhalla instead of a simple remake in my opinion, considering Ragnarok is supposed to be on Requiem, not the Ark.

To be honest 343i could of easily added more caves, more vehicular routes, more defining features and in general just more to the map for Halo 4, it instead ends up feeling like a simple graphical update of Halo 3's Valhalla.

There is a lot of potential in the style of Map that both Blood Gulch and Valhalla are, but we honestly have never saw that potential be reached.

• Upvote (+1) 1

one of the reasons why the map quality is so poor is because of sprint, a map like adrift/solace would've been drastically better if it were not for sprint.

hold on there mister.

countdown was good too.

Not really. IMO

My "Throwback Map Pack" (tried to add 1 BTB map from each game)

Halo CE:

Blood Gultch

Wizard

Battle Creek

Halo 2:

Relic

Midship

Sanctuary

Halo 3:

Guardian

Narrows

Sandtrap

Last Resort

CURVEBALL!

The map pack is 3 maps and there is 1 from Halo 1,2,3.

WHAT ARE YOUR MAPS?

Mine:

Battle Creek

Midship

Guardian

• Upvote (+1) 1

CURVEBALL!

WHAT ARE YOUR MAPS?

Mine:

Battle Creek

Midship

Guardian

My "Throwback Map Pack" (tried to add 1 BTB map from each game)

Halo CE:

Blood Gultch

Wizard

Battle Creek

Halo 2:

Relic

Midship

Sanctuary

Halo 3:

Guardian

Narrows

Sandtrap

Last Resort

I like both posts :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

hold on there mister.

countdown was good too.

While I agree, it's to an extent. It's not like we haven't seen good maps be made since Sprint in Reach. I really enjoyed some forge maps in Reach, like Enclosed, Select, and Synapse. And Halo 4 has a few good maps like Haven and Skyline and a few forge maps I really like.

So while it's harder I suppose, it's definitely not impossible. They just need to make the maps a lot smaller. You'll find people sprinting a lot less because there's not a huge reason to. You'd be caught sprinting all the time and never get in the first shot. I just think it's unacceptable that 343 has shipped these maps with the game. They're pretty horrid. I've seen some forgers do much better work with less tools available to them.

I'm not hating on remakes, because I'm definitely excited for The Pit. It just sucks having to rely on old maps because the new ones are so crappy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What really drags down Valhalla/Ragnarok is what you say, it is to linear, and its asymmetric qualities are pretty awful due to the bad placement, design, of them. Ragnarok should of been a improvement upon Valhalla instead of a simple remake in my opinion, considering Ragnarok is supposed to be on Requiem, not the Ark.

To be honest 343i could of easily added more caves, more vehicular routes, more defining features and in general just more to the map for Halo 4, it instead ends up feeling like a simple graphical update of Halo 3's Valhalla.

There is a lot of potential in the style of Map that both Blood Gulch and Valhalla are, but we honestly have never saw that potential be reached.

Agreed, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with a "2 base in a canyon" map, it just hasn't been executed as well as smaller staple maps have been.

I wonder if it would be possible to create such a map on Forge island, although the inability to edit terrain without using a ton of rocks would probably hamper it.

I was never into the Halo 2 Competitive side, I played it for casual, I started to get into the Competitive side on Halo 3 (GB and MLG and so on) and it turned out to be extremely fun since the gametypes/maps were perfect in the Halo 3.

If I'd had to choose what maps I'd want for Halo 4 or maybe for Halo 5, it would be:

Narrows

Construct

Guardian

Pit (This one is already coming to Halo 4 .-.)

Heretic/Midship (Halo 2/3 map doe)

Amplified

Onslaught

So basically, every map from Halo 3 MLG/GB since those maps are the only maps I seriously enjoy to play, I personally dislike all of the Halo 4 maps, they just play so badly imo.

I'm just going to make a list ignoring whether the maps have been in the circuit before / how long they've been in for.

H4: Landfall

HR: Powerhouse, Zealot perhaps

H3: Construct, Guardian,

H2: Lockout, Midship, Sanctuary maybe as well

CE: Chill Out, Damnation, Prisoner, Rat Race, Derelict, Wizard, there were a bunch of nice ones

I am definitely forgetting something.. can't remember all of these maps

CURVEBALL!

WHAT ARE YOUR MAPS?

Mine:

Battle Creek

Midship

Guardian

This is tough.. I'm going with Derelict, Lockout, Construct.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Assuming it's gonna be no-sprint and no AA, then I would have to say:

Prisoner

Hang 'em High

Warlock

Midship

Lockout

Sanctuary

The Pit

Guardian

Narrows

Zealot

Halo 1:

-Dammy

-Derelict

Halo 2:

-Sanctuary

-Warlock

-Lockout 

-Midship

Halo 3:

-The Pit

-Construct

-Citadel

Reach:

-Zealot

-Countdown

Halo 4:

-Haven

-Skyline

A general list of competitive maps I wouldn't mind being remade.

Halo 1:

• Chillout
  • Damnation
  • Hang em High

Halo 2:

• Midship
  • Headlong
  • Warlock

Halo 3:

• Construct

Halo Reach:

• Battle Canyon (I think this version plays better than Battle/Beaver creek)

Then, I'd rather them focus on making new good maps for no sprint. Both symetrical & Asym with new meta added into them

H1:

Damnation

Sidewinder

Chill Out

H2:

Sanctuary

Warlock

Lockout

Zanzibar

H3:

Narrows

Standoff

Valhalla

It's an impossible choice, because there are way too many maps that are good enough to be resurrected, but I figure I have a nice mix of bigger and smaller maps here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't play CE or Reach.

Halo 2 (they are all good!)
Midship
Sanctuary
Ivory Tower
Burial Mounds
Relic
Headlong

Halo 3
Guardian
Narrows
High Ground
Last Resort

too many good maps between H2/H3 especially H2

I for one really loved High Ground #SpartanLaser

If there wasn't any sprint I would love to see Guardian again...struggling to see there not being sprint though :/

Halo 1:

Rat Race

Chill Out

Halo 2:

Midship

Turf

Colossus

Warlock

Halo 3:

Citadel

Construct

Guardian

Narrows

Top 3 "Arena" Maps From Each Halo:

Halo CE:

- Beaver Creek

- Wizard

- Chill Out

Halo 2:

- Midship

- Lockout

- Sanctuary

Halo 3:

- Guardian

- Narrows

- Pit

Halo Reach:

- Zealot

- Countdown

- Uncaged (lol, it was a pretty great assym map, despite the fact that the map looked like a five year old made it in forge within an hour)

Halo 4:

- Haven

- Skyline

- Abandon