IGraphicI

SCUF or Elite Controller?

I've just got an elite controller for Christmas. Brand new from Game (Biggest gaming shop in uk)

But the paddles are missing. Pissed off is an understatement.

Guys i was wondering is a default scuf (no add ons at all) significantly better than a normal XB1 controller? My bumper fell off and im just looking for one that is gonna last me.

No. The new S model controller is great if you dont need paddles. Better bumpers, better stick tension, textured grip. This is my 5th controller though so this time i bought it from newegg and got a 3 year no questions asked warranty for 12 bucks extra.

I'm not spending another $150 on an elite or even more on a scuff. I play on helljumper now and moved thrust to the right bumper and just claw X for nades.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No. The new S model controller is great if you dont need paddles. Better bumpers, better stick tension, textured grip. This is my 5th controller though so this time i bought it from newegg and got a 3 year no questions asked warranty for 12 bucks extra.

I'm not spending another $150 on an elite or even more on a scuff. I play on helljumper now and moved thrust to the right bumper and just claw X for nades.

Thanks after reading @@Vetoed's post and now this im leaning that way. Did you do the design a controller thing or did you just get a normal one?

Just picked up a Battle Beaver Customs controller for Christmas. First test run today went extremely well. I have the 110g resistance thumbsticks. Highly suggest you try one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not familiar with Scufs but I love my Elite... I've had it for months now and it still feels crisp and new, particularly the sticks. They snap right back to center and don't feel worn, despite a good amount of play... Very well made controllers!

I know this is a little bit old but I've been using the scuf paddles they now do for the elite and I thought I'd share my thoughts.

On the original elite I used all 4 paddles. I had jump, reload, change weapon, and crouch mapped. The only button I had to move my hand for was change grenades. After a week or so I learnt to not unintentionally press the paddles and I found it incredibly easy to do any of the button combos needed for jumps or flag juggling. The only issue I had was that holding the controller rarely felt natural or comfortable. I played like this for a year.

With the scuf elite paddles I find my grip to be way more natural and as a result my accuracy feels much better. However the major downside in my experience is that you can't press more than two scuf paddles down at once because you use one finger between two paddles on either side. Due to my button mapping layout I now can't change weapon whilst crouching nor can I throw the flag and pick it up again whilst jumping. I've had to resort to using the face buttons which is what I was trying to avoid by having paddles

So for me the scuf paddle layout gives me better grip which makes my aim feel a lot better, whereas the elite paddles allow for more complex actions but at the cost of a comfortable grip.