Sign in to follow this  
soFireFly

Quick MCC Research Question

Hey guys. I'm currently writing a market analysis of Halo: The Master Chief Collection. I'm looking for the post where Frankie talked about how putting 4 games on one disk was an incredibly difficult task, and that is one of the reasons why MCC didn't work. I'm paraphrasing because I can't really remember the post. 

So, if someone remembers the post in question, can you link it to me? thanks in advance! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know the post you speak of, but i am very interested in reading your analysis. Are you posting it when finished? Or is it for something else?

Hey guys. I'm currently writing a market analysis of Halo: The Master Chief Collection. I'm looking for the post where Frankie talked about how putting 4 games on one disk was an incredibly difficult task, and that is one of the reasons why MCC didn't work. I'm paraphrasing because I can't really remember the post. 

So, if someone remembers the post in question, can you link it to me? thanks in advance! 

I remember bonnie ross mentioning this in an interview

NVM someone beat me to it.

"We didn't see these issues in testing" - Frankie.

I hope he didn't actually say that, could see the issues before the game even launched with people who got the game early not able to match anyone at all.

“Halo: The Master Chief Collection is definitely a black eye for us,” said O’Connor. “We’re not going to rest on our laurels or hide from the mistakes we made. However, I will say that the nature of The Master Chief Collection - you’ve got five different game engines, you’ve got five different studios working on it, you’ve got 343 working on putting it all together - the footprint and complexity was outrageous.

“To be perfectly honest, there were a lot of things that happened when we got it into a retail environment that we simply didn’t see in a test environment, so that’s what really caught us by surprise. We’ve been sort of scrambling to get it first in a playable stage and now we’re going to get it in a polished stage, so that people are getting what they deserved in the first place. We’re never going to back away from that or shy away from that.

• Upvote (+1) 7