Sign in to follow this  
QuietMan

North Dallas LAN

We are putting together a small Halo C.E. LAN to occur in North Dallas, TX.
Casual, yet still competitive.

What: Competitive 2v2 gameplay (with some casual games in between)
When: January 7th.  8AM-2AM
Where: @@QuietMan's Apartment (Addison)
How:  Halo CE Neutral Host Edition

The people who attended:
@@OG Nick
@@QuietMan
@@xSociety

@Janer19

Stream:
here

If you would like to attend, reply back with your Gamertag and if we still have room I will add you too the list.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hey everyone, it's me, Nick. 

I'll be the host for this LAN and hope we can get a good turnout. This is going to be at my apartment, but I have plenty of living room space (enough for two or more cars). From how things are shaping up here are a few things you'll need to know:

Only one station will be available. This is unless others bring more CRTs and Box's. 

I will be providing snacks, but please feel free to bring your own. 

Parking will be weird because my apartment complex tows unless you have a guest pass. Don't worry parking is only a couple minute walk away.

Any attendees/potential attendees please PM me so I can give you my phone # for easy contact.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We should go to a thrift store for some CRT's just for the nostalgia factor of hauling those damn things around in our cars. Lol

I wish I still had my OG Xbox though. I had the Green Halo edition! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

We should go to a thrift store for some CRT's just for the nostalgia factor of hauling those damn things around in our cars. Lol

I wish I still had my OG Xbox though. I had the Green Halo edition!

We are indeed trying to get CRTs for the setup. I believe my mom has one in her Game Room Shed. I'm also trying to find a capture card to stream one of the boxes to twitch.

Also, for nostalgia purposes, plenty of Dr. Peppers and Doritos? lol.

Yo I stay in Arlington... I'd be down for sure.

Gamertag- KiLLa CaLLL

Sweet dude. Adding you to the list. Don't forget to PM @@OG Nick for location/parking details.

I hope this LAN has a great turnout! Also, Goodwill should have plenty of decent to good CRTs. I bought 3, one being the 100lb and two smaller CRTs from a local Goodwill all for $10.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To add to the list of attendees a coworker of mine is attending as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone take a picture of Pacmayne if he attends? Not sure if that's possible though, I heard the man does not exist. Whenever someone tries to take a picture of the alleged Pacmayne it turns out blurry like those pictures of bigfoot. Apparently he was on the amazing race, but I'm sure that was just government propaganda.

Can someone take a picture of Pacmayne if he attends? Not sure if that's possible though, I heard the man does not exist. Whenever someone tries to take a picture of the alleged Pacmayne it turns out blurry like those pictures of bigfoot. Apparently he was on the amazing race, but I'm sure that was just government propaganda.

I got you fam.

orcam-visual-impairment-aid.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Got the day off from work 100% free

If you haven't gotten my phone number and plan on attending please PM me asap

If you already have my number please text me again my phone had to be reset

@@QuietMan

@@xSociety

@@KiLLaCaL

@@PaCMaYNE

@Dude who isn't on TB

Actually, I'm not sure he is attending anymore. I believe he said on Facebook he couldn't make it anymore. 

edit, actually it was @gC ViRu2, who said he couldn't make it anymore, not @@PaCMaYNE

PacMayne will need to start playing Legacy Southpaw just to keep things fair.

What are you trying to say here bro... :intensifies:

Update on the LAN.  

I have gotten an el gato so we will be streaming one of the boxes. 

Also, the LAN is going to take place at my apartment instead of @@OG Nick's.

Getting pretty pumped.  Hopefully those who said they are coming show up and there is a decent turnout. 

When using an El Gato to capture, I've ran into the same problem over and over. I assume you are using the older model which should work for most retro consoles. Using the S Video to Composite adapter that comes with the unit, you are apparently supposed to use the Green port for video. I've been able to get video to show up in the software and on the television but it never has color.

This happened at the Beach LAN too. Apparently Jeenyus had the same issue, unplugged it and plugged it back in and it worked. I have done that hundreds of times with no luck.

When using an El Gato to capture, I've ran into the same problem over and over. I assume you are using the older model which should work for most retro consoles. Using the S Video to Composite adapter that comes with the unit, you are apparently supposed to use the Green port for video. I've been able to get video to show up in the software and on the television but it never has color.

This happened at the Beach LAN too. Apparently Jeenyus had the same issue, unplugged it and plugged it back in and it worked. I have done that hundreds of times with no luck.

Hmmm. I'll have to play with it tonight. Just litterally got it so I haven't tried it yet. Hopefully I get lucky.

Hmmm. I'll have to play with it tonight. Just litterally got it so I haven't tried it yet. Hopefully I get lucky.

Which one did you get? Did you get the HD60 which is newer? Or did you get the first model? I know the first model works with retro consoles.

Which one did you get? Did you get the HD60 which is newer? Or did you get the first model? I know the first model works with retro consoles.

Older one I believe.

I didn't end up getting NHE working.  Need to find a compatible flash drive. Stream will be 2v2 soon. 

Add gt - Pop Popperz I live in houston looking fir lans in tx

Next time we do a LAN, I'll let you know.  We were talking about doing one every other month or so. 

damn man that sucks you guys weren't able to get NHE. Looks like nobody documented footage of the loch ness monster aka Pacmayne.

gonna check out the rebroadcast later on.

damn man that sucks you guys weren't able to get NHE. Looks like nobody documented footage of the loch ness monster aka Pacmayne.

gonna check out the rebroadcast later on.

Naw, he didn't show.  He was coming with his pal gc Virue, who couldn't make it.  Actually, 4 or five people who said they were coming flaked.  We were lucky to have 4.  I stressed myself out pretty bad trying to get NHE running. I am going keep working on that for future LANs. All in all, it was fun as hell to play on LAN.   I need to get another better controller.   One of the controllers we used was off brand and it was atrocious to use.  Even worse than H5 aiming if you can imagine that.