Sign in to follow this  
QuietMan

Final Fantasy XV Discussion Thread

Ten long years in the making, it is finally here.

qp8uRxe.jpg

Featuring offline single player gameplay in a big open world, an active combat system, and many of the things fans have loved throughout the series.  Chocobos, giant swords, magic, and damsels in distress, to name a few. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Definitely surprised a lot of people. Everyone was hating on the whole dude bro experience and it ended up being one of the more pleasing parts of the game.

I played about 4/6 hours of it and hardly even did any main story missions, I was having a ton of fun just running around doing side quests and fighting monsters.

I haven't touched it for awhile though, been busy with work among other things.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Definitely surprised a lot of people. Everyone was hating on the whole dude bro experience and it ended up being one of the more pleasing parts of the game.

I played about 4/6 hours of it and hardly even did any main story missions, I was having a ton of fun just running around doing side quests and fighting monsters.

I haven't touched it for awhile though, been busy with work among other things.

I am also getting hung up on the side quests. They are pretty fun. I am on Chapter 3 out of 15 and I am already level 21. I should probably start doing some of the main quests. The main quest I am on has a suggested level of 10 so I maybe doing too many side quests. The chocobo ones are fun.

I completed the main story last night. I put in just over 50 hours into the game and there is still a lot of endgame content to grind out. Absolutely would recommend this game to any RPG fan. I still plan on playing a lot and nothing has come close to burning me out and nothing is stale.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I completed the main story last night. I put in just over 50 hours into the game and there is still a lot of endgame content to grind out. Absolutely would recommend this game to any RPG fan. I still plan on playing a lot and nothing has come close to burning me out and nothing is stale.

Every time I play I end up fishing or doing hunts and haven't even made it out of Chapter three. There is so much to do it's overwhelming. In a good way.

How did you like the story? without spoiling it.

I'm still tilted af for the many obvious plot holes from chapter 9-14. Rest of the game is GOOD tho.

Edit : I did ALL the sidequests (that were available until chapter 8) before finishing the game. Haven't done any other sidequests after finishing the game yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

$35 on Amazon Prime right now

Surprised to see it that cheap this soon.  I wonder if it's selling bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Surprised to see it that cheap this soon.  I wonder if it's selling bad. 

Actually no, Amazon does this thing lately where it sells near-brand new games for $35 on Amazon Prime for one day (they did it for BF1, Titanfall 2, other games).  Used prices were crazy high for FF15 as of yesterday ($51) so I think the game is doing well overall, basically I think this is just a loss-leader thing for Amazon to sell $99 Prime subscriptions

• Upvote (+1) 1

Every time I play I end up fishing or doing hunts and haven't even made it out of Chapter three. There is so much to do it's overwhelming. In a good way.

How did you like the story? without spoiling it.

I enjoyed it although it did drag on at some points. There's a pretty mind blowing twist after chapter 13 which I wasn't expecting at all. I am still hooked on the game and I cannot wait for the DLC to drop in the coming months.

Thursday there is an update coming out for those that are unaware;

- New Game + game mode is being released

- Holiday pack. Includes free stuff for everyone, and some extra stuff for those that bought the premium versions

• Upvote (+1) 1

As a hardcore FF fan (I've probably beaten FFVI, VII, IX, and Tactics a combined 100 times) I'm pretty damn satisfied with FFXV. As others have said, there are areas where the story seems to feel... thinned out (i.e. Ravus in general), but from what I understand Square plans to flush those backstories and storylines out with post-launch content. 

Not to mention I feel like meaningful post-game DLC would be difficult. I wouldn't be surprised if they inject DLC in later. 

As a hardcore FF fan (I've probably beaten FFVI, VII, IX, and Tactics a combined 100 times) I'm pretty damn satisfied with FFXV. As others have said, there are areas where the story seems to feel... thinned out (i.e. Ravus in general), but from what I understand Square plans to flush those backstories and storylines out with post-launch content. 

Not to mention I feel like meaningful post-game DLC would be difficult. I wouldn't be surprised if they inject DLC in later. 

Really disappointed when I learned what I bolded. I haven't touched the game since learning that, although I don't think it will impact the story in a huge way, just make it feel like there is more there. I might pick it up again, but I started IX over again since it was on the steam sale.

Really disappointed when I learned what I bolded. I haven't touched the game since learning that, although I don't think it will impact the story in a huge way, just make it feel like there is more there. I might pick it up again, but I started IX over again since it was on the steam sale.

From what I understand, Ravus is one of the characters they plan to explore more. I don't feel like that affects the story too much because they'd likely delve into why he makes the decisions he does, not what decisions he makes. 

Though, you can't go wrong with IX. It's my favorite FF of all time. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man ... I've played every FF game since FF1 on the NES, in 1990, at age six, and have finished every FF game (often multiple times) except for FF13 and, now, FF15.  Honestly confused as to why people love this game.  So many problems:

• The open world is barely "open."
  • Sidequests are "Dragon Age: Inquisition" bad, like, really bad. After Skyrim and Witcher 3 sidequests it's just an embarrassment to RPGs to have such terrible content there
  • The music is mediocre.
  • The characters are uninteresting and not even entertaining in a cheesy way (a la Tidus in FF10).
  • The minigames (fishing, photography) are terrible, esp. when compared to minigames in previous installments (Golden Saucer, Blitzball etc.)
  • I literally didn't have to buy new weapons for 20 levels.
  • Ability trees are boring.
  • The lightness and fun of the previous entries isn't there.
  • The entire game is disjointed, plot-wise and in every other way.
  • Driving the car is just = a long loading screen, completely pointless.
  • The battle system is literally worse than FF13, which is saying something; I won every battle in the first five hours by holding "B" (being serious). It's like a shitty Devil May Cry ripoff, sort of?

imo SquareEnix have lost it, simple enough. Skyrim and Witcher 3 are 100x better than this game.

the last time this company released a solid game (FF12) was ten effing years ago ... ffs man