CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Xbox hasn't tweeted out the event and the last Halo tweet from the official twitter was 5 hours ago.

I completely forgot about the Xbox twitter which has 11.4m followers. Imagine if even a quarter of those people knew there was a tournament going on.

Viewership isnt actually that bad, considering we are completely by ourselves, no support from Xbox, Halo, MLG twitter accounts... 

Internet reach is huge. So huge.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I completely forgot about the Xbox twitter which has 11.4m followers. Imagine if even a quarter of those people knew there was a tournament going on.

Or, like, 1/100th.

Maybe Lirik will throw Halo a host, but I agree, if Microsoft and 343 want the Halo scene to grow, they need more promotion of it. 

Lethul mentioned it on the OpTic podcast that use of media/marketing to promote events is really important. Even though HCS (40.7k followers) and ME (49.2k followers) are tweeting out the stream, they don't have that many followers and so when they tweet, it doesn't go out to many people.

I would love to see the Halo twitter (857.4k followers) tweet a couple times a day about the stream other than that it started. We definitely should have more than 11k people watching.

imagine having sponsors who tweeted the stream

Maybe Lirik will throw Halo a host, but I agree, if Microsoft and 343 want the Halo scene to grow, they need more promotion of it. 

lol why would Lirik host Halo, he hates Xbox.

Think you mean Summit, surely? Or Dr Disrespect who's also keen on Halo. Don't think I've ever heard of Lirik's interest in Halo tbh.

Unless this was a tongue in cheek post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Think you mean Summit, surely? Don't think I've ever heard of Lirik's interest in Halo tbh.

Unless this was a tongue in cheek post.

Yes, this was a joke lol 

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL T2 xD

"I think I just fell on my face..."

Lol why would they even let T2 cast a game for a team he owns?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Off Topic: Halo is saved! (At least lore wise)

Does this mean radar, and autos are being removed from competitive lore?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Matches for streams were prioritized in two ways - minimize downtime & show as many matches as possible that qualify teams for Worlds. I believe 5 of the 6 qualifying matches are on stream. Downtime can't be as easily quantified.

• Upvote (+1) 1