CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That match won't happen though, 3sUP would have to get through a pro team and EG would have to get by Splyce.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not to jump the gun, but this would be Roy / Lunch / OG2 lowest placing since they've been pros if they lose to Splyce?

Not if you count MLG Dallas 2012 Halo 4 where Instinct placed below Reality Check. Ogre2 also placed top 12 at MLG Dallas 2011 and one event in '09 IIRC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not if you count MLG Dallas 2012 Halo 4 where Instinct placed below Reality Check.

Yea, that event was tainted as hell with early copies lol.

Im enjoying it personally yeah i could bitch or nit pick about some graphics or waiting times or some dodgy strip club lighting like thats gonna kill the growth of competetive halo; do people actually think thats the problem when we've got the game we've got ?

Maybe im easily pleased but so long as the gameplay is of a high standard from the players and the casters are engaging im pretty happy, everything else is irrelevent or at best window dressing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yea, that event was tainted as hell with early copies lol.

Remember Solace Slice? I know @@Saucey does. Heard he was a big fan.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Finally get to see the featured station! It's not a second channel, but it's a step in the right direction.

Blitz is kind of cool, but this is just a trend that keeps happening.

"The original design intention for blitz was to make something really accesible that everybody can enjoy."

haloaccess_25223.nphd.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im enjoying it personally yeah i could bitch or nit pick about some graphics or waiting times or some dodgy strip club lighting like thats gonna kill the growth of the competetive halo; do people actually think thats the problem when we've got the game we've got ?

Maybe im easily pleased but so long as the gameplay is of a high standard from the players and the casters are engaging im pretty happy, everything else is irrelevent or at best window dressing.

I think what's missing from some people's post like CyReN's is the nuance of an actual conversation. I feel that if we were face to face he wouldn't be sounding upset or angry at all. I do agree that the forums here don't always get everything right and that people can get really personal and...well toxic.

But at the same time I feel that if we were all face to face we'd be able to see the little things like a person's tone of voice that we miss with only written words. In short, I don't think people are as upset as you think. I mean, I see about three people who non stop bitch about everything going "HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT".

I mean, if they truly hated it all that much they simply wouldn't be watching period.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Blitz is kind of cool, but this is just a trend that keeps happening.

"The original design intention for blitz was to make something really accesible that everybody can enjoy."

haloaccess_25223.nphd.jpg

True but at least it is a completely separate mode.

Anyway, we should probably be talking about the event.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think what's missing from some people's post like CyReN's is the nuance of an actual conversation. I feel that if we were face to face he wouldn't be sounding upset or angry at all. I do agree that the forums here don't always get everything right and that people can get really personal and...well toxic.

But at the same time I feel that if we were all face to face we'd be able to see the little things like a person's tone of voice that we miss with only written words. In short, I don't think people are as upset as you think. I mean, I see about three people who non stop bitch about everything going "HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT".

I mean, if they truly hated it all that much they simply wouldn't be watching period.

My concerns come from a place of love, as I'm sure others do. Some may not see the small things as issues at all but we are sitting here with big names at 8k viewers on Saturday.

A lot of other games and eSports would see that as pathetic. You can throw out we are growing and whatnot, but honestly I feel the scene is having a terrible time bringing in new fans because of an array of issues or keeping those that want to watch.

I know negativity sucks, but problems becoming normal things are a bad sign in my eyes. I feel we are better than this.

Props to Simms and friends for getting that side station out there.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That match won't happen though, 3sUP would have to get through a pro team and EG would have to get by Splyce.

Yep you're right. read that bracket wrong because of the tweet. lol