CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

since the days before an event are slow on the forums, i suggest a game: if chalk plays through vegas and then worlds, what team changes could you guys see?

• Upvote (+1) 1

since the days before an event are slow on the forums, i suggest a game: if chalk plays through vegas and then worlds, what team changes could you guys see?

I would've suggested something like CSGO or BF1.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Accidental upvote, but that's okay :)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

EG just embarrased PNDA 50-16 on Plaza

They can be really good if roybox would listen to callouts and stop doing their own thing.

Eden sh is clearly they're best gametype too

• Upvote (+1) 3

They can be really good if roybox would listen to callouts and stop doing their own thing.

Eden sh is clearly they're best gametype too

They should just listen to Tom and win.

They're too stubborn

Agreed but if they want to win they need to get over their egos. I love RoyBox but after so many team changes its starting to feel like they are becoming 'the problem'.

This team is amazing when Roy and Lunch have the good sense to shut up and listen to Tom.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think if Tom can sure up his shot, EG can really hang and could make Worlds.

Based on the bracket, assuming there are no open bracket upsets.

Prediction: Top 6 who qualify for Worlds:

Optic

nV

Liquid

LG

------

EG

Splyce

The top 3 are virtual locks (But you never know)

I think LG gets the best match up, as I see them taking out Str8 in Rd 2 which is the weakest of the Top 4 seeds IMO.

I have Splyce making it through losers, based on their performance and talent.

and my darkhorse pick is EG taking out ALG to get top 6.

As always, Go F&*k yourself San Diego.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No matter how our predictions may vary, I think most of us can agree we will be sad to see Pnda beat out any team for a worlds spot but it could easily happen.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Haven't seen a bracket, but I'll go with the following:

Optic

nV

Liquid

Allegiance

Splyce

Str8

LCQ Winner = EG

I'm sure I'll be wrong, haven't been following nearly as closely as last year. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven't seen a bracket, but I'll go with the following:

Optic

nV

Liquid

Allegiance

Splyce

Str8

LCQ Winner = EG

I'm sure I'll be wrong, haven't been following nearly as closely as last year.

Str8 isnot going to Worlds, they would need Renegade to go huge every game
  • Downvote (-1) 1

for all the shit ninja got for it, its funny how many pros are playing h1z1 now

why would Ninja get shit for playing his main game?  :kappa:

At this point I give Ninja all the props in the world for literally streaming Halo at all. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd surely struggle to say "Oh hey I have roughly 12k viewers right now! I should stream Halo scrims and watch that number hover around 2k-3k instead."

I'll never shy away from not being particularly fond of Ninja's streaming personality (or maybe just his personality? IDK), but he actually makes quite the sacrifice whenever he streams Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Tom lit into the twins pretty hard a couple scrims ago on Eden SH. I think they had Nest/Catwalk and the game was coming to a close.

"Stay still do NOT PUSH (as they're trying to push). We win if you don't do that!" or something to that effect.

2gre still has a little catching up to do skill-wise as he hasn't been grinding scrims against pros like this for a while, but he may be the only player the twins respect enough to listen to over themselves.

If they make it to Worlds and Tom gets enough high level practice they can finish too4 at Worlds maybe even top2

I think more than the Twins respecting 2gre, 2gre knows the Twins, has teamed in the past, and knows how they are. It's kind of like the VicX/Ninja dynamic. Ninja can be a bit short at times, and can tilt very easily, and VicX tends to keep Ninj grounded. I think that's a big reason why they same to work really well together.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sucks worlds is only 12 teams. They kind of started to build the scene around the world and now they cutting it down. I know the guys from Singapure didn't stand a chance against any of the teams but hey, nobody heard of guy named Tapping Buttons last year. Hopefully they up it again when Halo 6 takes over esports around the world :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2