CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I gave you more rationale for their loss - not just that they are better on LAN.

I know. Just that part was what I needed. Plus, people have been saying Str8 is a LAN team since they haven't been doing to well.

My point is, people say reasons why they their team is a LAN team when every pro team is really a LAN team. I do agree with you because I'm an OpTic fan, but what you said could be applied to every team.

Why does Ryan say that he is on team Pnda? 

He was on Pnda's old roster with Cloud, Gabriel and Tapping Buttons among other people. The Cratos roster is a completely separate entity.

He was on Pnda's old roster with Cloud, Gabriel and Tapping Buttons among other people. The Cratos roster is a completely separate entity.

And a different org.

Pnda =/= Panda

• Upvote (+1) 1

And a different org.

Pnda =/= Panda

No, they were definitely Pnda Gaming. Go back and watch the ESML VoD.

watched this Optic - Splyce scrim so far, I dunno man, every game is very close and OpTic don't seem dominant at all, not on the same page.  I think Worlds is going to be waaaaaay closer this year

Lethul was super sick to the point of shaking 3 days ago, he's probably still not at 100%.

People need to stop overreacting to OpTic underperforming right now.

A week ago they were playing literally perfect Halo and 12-1'd Liquid (to the point we joked about not scrimming anymore and just studying those films).  Two nights ago they lost to Liquid 6-7.  It's not like they suck online, they're just having a down week because players aren't feeling their best.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Lethul was super sick to the point of shaking 3 days ago, he's probably still not at 100%.

People need to stop overreacting to OpTic underperforming right now.

A week ago they were playing literally perfect Halo and 12-1'd Liquid (to the point we joked about not scrimming anymore and just studying those films). Two nights ago they lost to Liquid 6-7. It's not like they suck online, they're just having a down week because players aren't feeling their best.

Nah. OpTic is washed , Lethul dropped confirmed.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Why do we have to rationalize every scrim loss?

Because he started the convo off with how Optic lost and what not. 

People need to stop overreacting to OpTic underperforming right now.  online scrims

FTFY

• Upvote (+1) 2

Online is pretty Important in H5, Hell the LCQ will be held online.

For the teams that are not trying to make it via the LCQ, online doesn't matter rn.

Added the five qualified international teams to the OP :)

Vegas next!

Can you edit the rosters please? Danoxide to Pnda (replaced Nem), Trippey to ALG, Saiyan to LG.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Online is pretty Important in H5, Hell the LCQ will be held online.

I don't disagree. I just think some people can be a little overreactive to practice.

I don't disagree. I just think some people can be a little overreactive to practice.

Extremely rare that a team that is losing in scrims wins on LAN.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So the way i see Champ bracket working out. If you win two games you get top 6, with all top 6 qualifying matches being best of 7's. Is that correct? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Extremely rare that a team that is losing in scrims wins on LAN.

There are exceptions. For example up to the last lan nV dominated Liquid almost every scrim (usually double digits to single digit) and then lost on lan. They also beat Optic in scrims often but have only beaten them on lan once so we'll see. Vegas should be interesting!

Regarding the Burbank location. Are people annoyed because it's going to be harder for spectators to go watch it live?

I can perfectly understand east coast locations being a problem for open events but it's an invitational isn't it? I'm not entirely sure why the location is such an issue...

So the way i see Champ bracket working out. If you win two games you get top 6, with all top 6 qualifying matches being best of 7's. Is that correct? 

Pretty sure everything is best of 5 except Grand Finals.

And if a team falls to Loser's Bracket then it's 3 matches they need to win.

Regarding the Burbank location. Are people annoyed because it's going to be harder for spectators to go watch it live?

I can perfectly understand east coast locations being a problem for open events but it's an invitational isn't it? I'm not entirely sure why the location is such an issue...

its a massive event that will hold a couple hundred spectators when a larger location / east coast location could pull 1000 or more

Pretty sure everything is best of 5 except Grand Finals.

And if a team falls to Loser's Bracket they it's 3 matches they need to win.

No in the handbook it states. • Matches = Best of 5, every match that qualifies a team to HaloWC 2017 will be a Best of 7 

Note this was under the vegas qualifier section.

• Upvote (+1) 2

VETOEDs showcases the highest level of Halo online matchmaking, ranging from Free-For-All to Halo Championship Series' prime competitive settings in Team Arena, with the occasional fun custom game with friends on the side. The goal is to get better, all while having a good time!

prime competitive settings :wutface:

also

• Upvote (+1) 4