CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The current ranking system isnt rewarding at all. Onyx is way too easy and champion is for people who play in teams of 4 constantly. I remember the awesome feeling of getting my first 50 in H3. Champion is pointless when you have legit diamond players subbing to every pro, just to get carried to champ.

I'm still a level 49. I won 17 games in a row once and still didn't get to 50. I just gave up. 

That damn MMR lock.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The current ranking system isnt rewarding at all. Onyx is way too easy and champion is for people who play in teams of 4 constantly. I remember the awesome feeling of getting my first 50 in H3. Champion is pointless when you have legit diamond players subbing to every pro, just to get carried to champ.

But... Once again that isn't the ranking system at all. That's the values that 343i input into the ranking system to determine how easy certain ranks are to get. Essentially you have on of these:

audio-mixing-board-sliders-3492156.jpg

And 343i doesn't have the sliders in the right place, so you blame the system itself. The system is fine, the sliders need to be set correctly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not a big fan of seasonal ranking in a game like Halo. Games like LoL or Overwatch have balances and nerfs to characters all the time that can heavily affect the meta. Halo is very different I don't feel like you need to prove you're still as good every 2 months. And with no solo q matchmaking getting champion is just grinding with a team getting easy matchups 9/10 games. The current system is pretty pointles imo

No party restrictions, the ability to dodge, no in game champion leaderboards, and no rewards for being high champ (like skins or something) are all reasons the ranking systems blows.

• Upvote (+1) 2

But... Once again that isn't the ranking system at all. That's the values that 343i input into the ranking system to determine how easy certain ranks are to get. Essentially you have on of these:

audio-mixing-board-sliders-3492156.jpg

And 343i doesn't have the sliders in the right place, so you blame the system itself. The system is fine, the sliders need to be set correctly.

I agree it could be adjusted better. But seasons are just meh
  • Upvote (+1) 1

All skill based rank systems suck in some regard.

Not all xp progression systems suck so i actually care more about that, unfortunately....

Halo 5s xp progression system also happens to suck.

SR ranks have no "feel" to them. The military rank system of halo 3 needs to come back. Symbolic ranks per playlist feel a lot better to obtain than a circle that goes around and slowly counts up

• Upvote (+1) 6

Keep current ranking system but add the 1-50 system to it.

Bronze 1 to Diamond 6 = ranks 1 - 30

then Onyx would go 31-49 (Onyx 31, Onyx 32, etc)

and once you get to 50 you'd be a Champ

• Upvote (+1) 8

pls no
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Im sold

tumblr_inline_mpdjsgtdcc1qc9lhz.gif

I wonder if Ninj is trying to join Str8.

I miss legit.

i wishESL would do what Ghost and Gandhi did in the first match: go to a listen-in and just leave it there, then switch to the other team with their listen-in seamlessly. Then switch depending on who's advancing, has flag etc. If agl could do it 3 years ago, no reason ESL cant now @@Elamite

shotzzy is streaming. his movement is amazing

I like that idea and Champ could be the top 200 50 ranks. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's actually not a bad option for str8 at all.

APG and Heinz could match Ninja's aggression.

Obviously there's more to Ninja, but it's by no means a shit team if that were to happen.

I've wanted APG and Ninja to team together again for a while now, I could get behind em.

I really hope there is gonna be some new faces breaking in trough those open lans. Right now, I dont see many exciting changes, only exception being team where Bubu lands. He is a crucial Player if anyone wants to compete with Nv and Og.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who's actually leaving Str8?

Eco has run games with other teams. Ace and APG are in Vegas currently. Heinz no one knows.

Before Str8 picked up Eco wasn't it Renegade who they used as a sub and played pretty well with? If anyone new comes onto a pro league roster it'll probably be him imo.

I've wanted APG and Ninja to team together again for a while now, I could get behind em.

Do they get along?  I feel like Ninja doesn't like APG. 

Hey Austin! Congrats on the win. Do you have a Scuf code or know somebody who does? About to order two Scufs and some accessories and I'd like to use your code.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eco has run games with other teams. Ace and APG are in Vegas currently. Heinz no one knows.

I know Eco ran with optic only because Frosty wasn't on. Then he played with Liquid over Hamy. But could that be the same reason. I can't see Liquid dropping Hamy to be honest. Well hope as I want Eco to stay on Str8.

I want to see Ace Eco Contra VicX run games and see what happens.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1