CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The fact that Envy won 2 (potentially 3) out of the 5 online cups and still not be a higher seed than a team that hasn't even won an online cup just goes to show how ridiculously flawed the point/seeding system has been for these online tournaments. 

Completely disagree. LANs absolutely should be more important than some BS single elim online tournaments. The ridiculous system comes in when PNDA outplaced Splyce by like 14k points despite finishing worse than them at the LAN and in all (if my memory is correct?) of the online tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The fact that Envy won 2 (potentially 3) out of the 5 online cups and still not be a higher seed than a team that hasn't even won an online cup just goes to show how ridiculously flawed the point/seeding system has been for these online tournaments. 

1 LAN > 5 Online tourneys

Especially with H5 servers.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The fact that we still have to keep asking about the seeding shows how ridiculously complicated it the system is. Plus the fact that optic retained the top seed without competing in any cup. Im sure the system was made with pro input though

Completely disagree. LANs absolutely should be more important than some BS single elim online tournaments. The ridiculous system comes in when PNDA outplaced Splyce by like 14k points despite finishing worse than them at the LAN and in all (if my memory is correct?) of the online tournaments.

Pnda won the last cup

NV 1-0 EG

Very close Rig SH. 2gre chased a guy with rail to hard, died and that decided the game imo

His teammates not looking cost the game

The fact that we still have to keep asking about the seeding shows how ridiculously complicated it the system is. Plus the fact that optic retained the top seed without competing in any cup. Im sure the system was made with pro input though

TL could've passed OG if they won either 4 or 5 of the cups. 

50-49. NV up 2-0, only won because Roy made what a quite frankly a stupid play.

Ogre 2 provides so much knowledge and in-game leadership to this team, he called most of NV's plays

• Upvote (+1) 3

EGs communication with 2gre is so good.

Also Tom said he hadnt checked blue door and Roy runs out and gets sniped 50-49  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

See what happens when we have pros playing am's regularly (even though it's online), the overall level of the am scene has increased.

Compare to summer pro league when there was no interaction between the pros and am's. At that point there was only really one team capable of beating a bottom tier pro team. Now there are a bunch of teams capable of beating pro teams. Though this is online and does not really compare to LAN. But you can't deny the am scene has definitely improved in skill compared to the pros.

• Upvote (+1) 4

EG at least isn't at eachothers throats.

Also 49-49 TS Eden.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ogre2/ZealousHyenaItsBoshyTime

i like how he said hes flash banging, i would have never thought to use a plasma in that scenario for that reason.  definitely to nade around the door, but not to flash bang.  im not even sure snip3down would have been flashed, but someone closer to the door would have

• Upvote (+1) 1

i like how he said hes flash banging, i would have never thought to use a plasma in that scenario for that reason. definitely to nade around the door, but not to flash bang. im not even sure snip3down would have been flashed, but someone closer to the door would have

I still don't get why they rotated all the way from tower to blue, just to push door. If they were going for a gambit, just push the guy 2gre got weak red br

All I can say is the hype is so real right now for any EG/2gre fans. Nothing against Devon, but EG looks much better with 2gre's leadership and comms.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I still don't get why they rotated all the way from tower to blue, just to push door. If they were going for a gambit, just push the guy 2gre got weak red br

Regardless, you should never really push out blue door when another team has full control outside. Someone having snipe only makes the play that much worse. Should have rotated and pushed through turbine/red fan or even stay put in tower/blue. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20, but still.

• Upvote (+1) 4