CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No puedo decir que estoy sorprendido ya hay problemas de flujo, de nuevo a Halo Wars 2

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was hoping there would be an English stream.

I was also hoping there would be a stream.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No puedo decir que estoy sorprendido ya hay problemas de flujo, de nuevo a Halo Wars 2

Mmm... Still better than Tashi's Google translated spanish (insert Simms face)

I'm disappointed, my friend's team is literally waiting due to the stream issues.

Mexico never disappoints! /j

EDIT: Mobile Beyond is hard haha

I'm sad to say the only Spanish I know is from the rap in Community. Otherwise I would definitely be watching.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Shut up Hamy

I don't like it when the casters speak bits of English during stream. Like, they encourage the audience from all Latin America to invite their friends and relatives to watch the stream - really doubt anyone's dad or girlfriend have any idea what "Stronghold on The Rig, Gameplay agresivo on Nest con una Kill, Tendremos Championship Sunday" means, for example.

Would rather to keep it consistent with the Spanish so non-competitive people know what's going on.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't like it when the casters speak bits of English during stream. Like, they encourage the audience from all Latin America to invite their friends and relatives to watch the stream - really doubt anyone's dad or girlfriend have any idea what "Stronghold on The Rig, Gameplay agresivo on Nest con una Kill, Tendremos Championship Sunday" means, for example.

Would rather to keep it consistent with the Spanish so non-competitive people know what's going on.

I could be totally off, but many places speak English comingled with their language. Probably just the case here, I doubt they think they are pulling new viewers because 5% of the audio is English

chat mods are working overtime with those comments. Jesus...

OT but every time you post, I end up looking at your sig for like 5 minutes. I love The Last Airbender and Korra

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was hoping there would be an English stream.

I was also hoping there would be a stream.

Jokes on you, remember who we're talking about here  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could be totally off, but many places speak English comingled with their language. Probably just the case here, I doubt they think they are pulling new viewers because 5% of the audio is English

Ish.

Just to have an idea (is just an example haha) 40k Latinos play Halo, around 2k of them play competitive Halo. But so you have 2k Latinos that understand competitive Halo and callouts and English stuff. Meanwhile, 38k have very little knowledge of both English and Competitive Halo. Got this example from the Facebook page (Halo Latinoamérica)

Now, let's say the 40k Latinos are mostly from Mexico. They have more English knowledge than people from South America, naturally.

You introduce competitive Halo stream in spanglish for Latin-America. You have people that have very little knowledge of competitive Halo, and introducing it and explaining it in English doesn't really help. If I show the stream to my spanish-speaking friends, they'd have no idea what's going on.

My 2 cents, cuz I used to upload competitive Halo content in Spanish and I had to explain myself several times in my videos.

Now, let's say the 40k Latinos are mostly from Mexico. They have more English knowledge than people from South America, naturally.

Objectively wrong

• Upvote (+1) 1