CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I guessed based on these thumbnails alone if you pay 343 Industries enough lip service you too can one day be casting the Halo World Championships in Burbank, California. 

I realize why Snipedown what he said in that video, but at the same time he also lost all credibility when it comes to saying anything remotely truthful about the game he is playing. Not sure why you would believe anything he says regarding Halo after that. 

Extermination gamemode actually looks pretty fun. Don't see it being a competitive gamemode though. 

We do need a new good mode ("Good" should be a given, by I don't want to take that chance after recent events) and I do personally think that the mode has at least some competitive viability.

Here's what I think should be done (along with anything new that 343 is thinking of):

Give the base idea/mode to  the pros. Let them tinker/change it however they please and let them decide if they want to implement it. Competitive play should be decided by solely the competitive community and primarily the players. Other facets of the community should have no say in what a different part of the community has to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We do need a new good mode ("Good" should be a given, by I don't want to take that chance after recent events) and I do personally think that the mode has at least some competitive viability.

Here's what I think should be done (along with anything new that 343 is thinking of):

Give the base idea/mode to  the pros. Let them tinker/change it however they please and let them decide if they want to implement it. Competitive play should be decided by solely the competitive community and primarily the players. Other facets of the community should have no say in what a different part of the community has to play.

Bring Extraction back.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The scores were close, but they got heavily outslayed.

I didn't realize the score were so close because watching it, they seemed to be getting wrecked every time off spawn. Had to laugh at 2gre subtly getting annoyed no one was finishing kills

In other news, devons new team beat ryanoobss 9-2

OT

But I figure this is a good place to ask is there any good quality VODs of the early MLG H3 events I'm watching Meadowlands 08 on YT and the 240p quality is borderline unwatchable.

Mlg used to host those. Im not sure if they're still up

As an avid lurker of these forums, it really takes some next level awesome/stupid shit to make me post. This video falls into the latter category. I was about to go to sleep but after seeing that my tiredness has been completely and totally washed away by a mixed feeling of shock, horror, and anger. Like what the actual fuck

• Upvote (+1) 3

Remember that extermination gametype we were talking about a while back? Unyshek is testing it in Kampy's stream if you're into it.

https://www.twitch.tv/kampyvids

Edit: The lobby is glitched with Uny in the lobby  :bman:

I remember the biggest feedback about it being about the maps, that it needed maps tailored for it. Wheres that gone?

As an avid lurker of these forums, it really takes some next level awesome/stupid shit to make me post. This video falls into the latter category. I was about to go to sleep but after seeing that my tiredness has been completely and totally washed away by a mixed feeling of shock, horror, and anger. Like what the actual fuck

I wonder what some of them would say if asked about the video. Ninja has been pretty vocal in his criticisms of Halo 5 just like he eventually was for Halo 4, so to see him praising ordinances makes me chuckle every time I see this video.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Str8 lost 7-5 to lg.

I remember the biggest feedback about it being about the maps, that it needed maps tailored for it. Wheres that gone?

Mostly forgers have been forging. I think vetoed showed some on his stream couple weeks ago.

I would like it if 343 would give extermination a social playlist. Couldn't hurt

i mean he aint wrong

Well there is always someone working his ass off, I wouldn't say his statement was smart in any way. I stop here.

???????

You got a bunch of neg rep because in response to this:

You said this:

You randomly talking about how you think he got carried in h3, reach, and h2a has no relation to the guy to whom you responded feeling nostalgic about Ogre 2. Nobody ever said Arnold at 60 was in his prime either. People can be excited about seeing Ogre 2 play without expecting him to do well. Also, not doing well in H5 proves nothing about whether someone got carried in H3, so I'm not sure what you think people need to correct.

I'm serious.

Scroll up, plus rep me. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 14

So I actually played extermination a few weeks ago with people who are into forge and into trying out new game types. I think it's really fun. If 343 and the pro community want to implement a round-based game type, I think this is a lot better than breakout. The game type requires a lot of teamwork and coordination. Power weapons and power ups are usually difficult to get but they can give you a huge advantage to wipe the opposing team if you can control them. It's all about staying alive if you are outnumbered and collapsing quickly when you have the advantage.

So I actually played extermination a few weeks ago with people who are into forge and into trying out new game types. I think it's really fun. If 343 and the pro community want to implement a round-based game type, I think this is a lot better than breakout. The game type requires a lot of teamwork and coordination. Power weapons and power ups are usually difficult to get but they can give you a huge advantage to wipe the opposing team if you can control them. It's all about staying alive if you are outnumbered and collapsing quickly when you have the advantage.

I had to google what the game mode was. It sounds like a really interesting concept that if certain things are designed properly, I could see being a possible new game mode for competitive play. It could also replace slayer as there was a discussion a while back about getting rid of slayer or something like that. Only thing with extermination is it seems very random, meaning any team could win with one lucky play or win after not being in control for 99% of the game. It does sound interesting though