CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Never heard of this kid but he has almost 40K subs. Don't feel like watching because of that thumbnail, TL;DW? 

He states that H4 and especially H5 have been a learning experience for 343. Also, when he spoke to 343i employees (Writers/artists and such) they all agreed on much of the feedback that the community has given.

Obviously, this is from the lore/casual community (black undersuits were mentioned, that gave it away). But I'm stuck here wondering is if that's the campaign side of 343, what is the HCS side doing besides burying their heads in the sand? 

Out of curosity, and since the EG team change... with how volatile halo team rosters are, how does 343 split dlc team pack $$$ with the players? Like my e.g. purchase, did that go to the team when the pack launched, wass purchased, or all players involved since it released? I don't recall who was the problem, I mean 4th, when I purchased the EG few pack, but suppose i purchased it to support my favorite players rather than the brand. Would hamy, suspector, ninja, Vic x, stellur, etc get compensated? Seems like a mess.

I remember one of OpTic players saying that they hadn't received any money for the team skin packs from either CLG or OG.

Don't know if this it is specifically noted when they are paid, or if it is such a small amount (compared to their monthly salaries), that it isn't easily noticed.

I would assume that the org could access the data to see how many packs were sold during specific dates, to compensate the players who were on the team at that time.

Interesting video. Obviously, this is more for the lore-side of Halo, but it makes you think.

Are they actually listening and implementing?

vid

Haven't we been hearing this since forever after someone visits 343i?

Is what I'm hearing about 343 banning Team Beyond staff from future events true?

Uh, what.

Anyways, I don't think any of the core Beyond staff is going to any events anytime soon besides Gamers For Giving.

Is what I'm hearing about 343 banning Team Beyond staff from future events true?

Uh, what.

Anyways, I don't think any of the core Beyond staff is going to any events anytime soon besides Gamers For Giving.

he's making a trump joke since trump kicked a bunch of reporters out of a thing or something

i think, idk, idgaf about anything other than sports

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yep, they're only allowing the real competitive communities like r/halo and waypoint into the private gaggle.

• Upvote (+1) 8

OT

But I figure this is a good place to ask is there any good quality VODs of the early MLG H3 events I'm watching Meadowlands 08 on YT and the 240p quality is borderline unwatchable.

OT

But I figure this is a good place to ask is there any good quality VODs of the early MLG H3 events I'm watching Meadowlands 08 on YT and the 240p quality is borderline unwatchable.

That's all we got these days, internet tournament cataloging on Youtube didn't really take off until Halo: Reach was around sadly.

Our VOD section if you need it - http://teambeyond.net/vod/

Yep, they're only allowing the real competitive communities like r/halo and waypoint into the private gaggle.

I believe /r/CompetitiveHalo refused to go in light of the news, but it's unbelievable how Waypoint and RUL were allowed in.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Guy who disagrees with a lot of Halo's looks and lore visits 343 for HW2 Live, has a few chats with people in charge of those things and after that he's convinced that 343 are listening and heading in the right direction.

Its crazy how this happens every couple of years. People think things are actually changing. Nothing changes. Cycle repeats

Interesting video. Obviously, this is more for the lore-side of Halo, but it makes you think.

Are they actually listening and implementing?

See any video of pros being excited for Halo 4, any tweets from pros during the "pro summit," any responses from ESL staff, any fans who attend an event, any YouTuber who 343 Industries gives the least bit of attention to, they rely on these interactions to keep themselves in the good graces of the community by overhyping their attendees and making them think that for their positive reviews of their company, their brand, or their product, they'll be able to further their career and their aspirations. 

They aren't listening, and they're running out of bullshit to feed us to keep us believing that they are. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Guy who disagrees with a lot of Halo's looks and lore visits 343 for HW2 Live, has a few chats with people in charge of those things and after that he's convinced that 343 are listening and heading in the right direction.

Ah. I mean I hope so, but we can only see. 

He states that H4 and especially H5 have been a learning experience for 343. Also, when he spoke to 343i employees (Writers/artists and such) they all agreed on much of the feedback that the community has given.

Obviously, this is from the lore/casual community (black undersuits were mentioned, that gave it away). But I'm stuck here wondering is if that's the campaign side of 343, what is the HCS side doing besides burying their heads in the sand? 

I did hear about them doing black undersuits now. I mean I'm not too surprised, but I thought 343 was trending positively in the lore department. I haven't read a Halo book since the one about Buck, but the ones after were positively received IIRC. I'd ask my lore people but they seem to have abandoned me unfortunately. 

Ah. I mean I hope so, but we can only see. 

I did hear about them doing black undersuits now. I mean I'm not too surprised, but I thought 343 was trending positively in the lore department. I haven't read a Halo book since the one about Buck, but the ones after were positively received IIRC. I'd ask my lore people but they seem to have abandoned me unfortunately. 

343 were trending positively in the lore department until all the post-Halo 4 stuff came out. The comics and Halo 5's story being the big ones, most of which relate to Brian Reed in some shape or form. 

Recent books have been good, though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I guessed based on these thumbnails alone if you pay 343 Industries enough lip service you too can one day be casting the Halo World Championships in Burbank, California. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I guessed based on these thumbnails alone if you pay 343 Industries enough lip service you too can one day be casting the Halo World Championships in Burbank, California. 

cmon man  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Uh did they tweet out the FFA stream? 

nah, there was a brief stream on youtube but they didn't stream the finals

they never planned on streaming the FFA tho

• Upvote (+1) 1