CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I am happy with this. Ghost is finally being utilised properly. Was hoping for more Onset though.

Agreed, ghost is a good caster and works really well with onset so a shame they wont be a 'duo' this time round.

Sad to see no elamite though.

Will @@GoldenboyFTW be hosting or casting?

• Upvote (+1) 3

We really cannot say he's better than Devon. No evidence to say that whatsoever.

What makes it one of the worst team changes is all of the good AMs they could have picked up, not the skill difference between 2gre and Devon.

EG's problem is that they lack individual skill. As pros say often, in Halo 5, having players on your team who can win their 1v1s is more essential than ever. Roy and Contra aren't as strong in 1v1s as they used to be, theyre honestly pretty average most of the time. Lunchbox and 2gre are just completely outclassed by top 6 pros, no amount of good decision making can make up for how hard they will get murked by nerdy H5 kids.

They needed someone like Articc, Rammy, Monstcr, etc. Any of those young sick nerdy H5 kids would've joined for the pro seed and it would have boosted their slaying power.

Also keep in mind I said "*one of* the worst team changes", guys. SK dropping Pistola for Totz will forever reign supreme on that list.

Really?

I feel like EGs problem has been terrible decision making, and terrible comms .

• Upvote (+1) 2

Damn, she put up more of a fight for the hat than MCC.

10/10

Really?

I feel like EGs problem has been terrible decision making, and terrible comms .

Yeah the decisions and at the speed they are doing it. Mostly they've been to slow

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't he always in Canada? 

Umm, not when they're at lans where they've won every event but 1 since x games. So losing a scrim doesn't hold any weight.

How has no one brought up Final Boss dropping Walshy as the worst team change ever yet?

Uhh that was a good change.

Umm, not when they're at lans where they've won every event but 1 since x games. So losing a scrim doesn't hold any weight.

It obviously held enough weight to make you want to come in here to make an excuse for the loss. Commonly's point was that Optic has always done well in scrims with Royal 2 in Canada, so what's the point in saying it now?

Worst case scenario, EG doesn't make Worlds. But according to a lot of people here, they weren't gonna make Worlds anyways. I don't see the problem with Roybox taking a page out of Cratos' book and wanting to play with friends. I'm not expecting a lot out of this team, but I'm excited to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love 2gre but Im sorry there is zero way to spin this as a good move for EG. Was Devon playing like shit recetnly? Yes. But hes proven himself on lan time and time again. 2gre although the best player of all time, is not good at this game. Pull out any allegiance to the goat and watch him play and thats the truth. It was a panic move that will come back to bite EG, mark my words. Notice how fast Devon got picked up? He is an elite player. Sometimes I dont like that pros come on her because I truly am a big ogre 2 fan but just have to state my opinion. No different than when your favorite NBA or NFL player gets washed up. As much as you love them you have to think about whats best for the team, despite the past accomplishments. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't really care what the outcome is, I just want to see Ogre 2 play with the Twins on LAN again. 

Having said that, this team will be better than if they kept Devon. There was far too much dysfunction in their play and comms for that to continue. There was a high chance they would have not made it Worlds considering the form of Allegiance and Splyce.

Also if this decision was going to be made, it should have been far sooner as well to allow more time to gel. It's honorable that they tried to make it work, but they've put themselves at a distinct disadvantage. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

lol no. Other than the fact that is wasn't a bad decision (not saying it was ideal either though) EG's own decision to drop VictoryX last pro-league was a worse one by far.

Look guys, this team change isn't about Ogre2. Its really not. It's about "addition by subtraction". They were not getting along with Devon. He was playing streakily. Blaming your xbox then quitting a scrim is not the attitude you want on your team. Along with other arguments we have seen during scrims and im sure just as many off-camera.

Think of it like an attitude/skill ratio, and Devon's wasn't up to snuff. Even if you make the argument (not that i would) that 2gres individual skill isn't on-par with Devons, everything else seems to be an upgrade..

I agree it was more about getting rid of Devon, which is why waiting till the deadline day and after they started improving in scrims just makes it look more shady. Like they wanted to screw him as much as possible.

Fwiw, skill wise no one is going to tell me el town or cratos are better. It's just 2gres playstyle won't work with this team.

El Town and Cratos are indisputably better than Ogre2 at Halo 5. If Ogre2's accomplishments automatically make him the best overall Halo player ever, you can't turn around and argue that he's better at Halo 5 than people with magnitudes more accolades in the past year.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2