CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Did Ogre2 like, BXR you one too many times?

I would have been honored to play 2gre when he was relevant. I would have stood in amazement.

I just refuse to be buy into this deluded uneducated and blind opinion that 2gre is good at this game (IN COMPARISON TO OTHER PRO'S)

• Upvote (+1) 4

I love OGRE2 as much as the next guy, but if he could still hang in the Top 8 - I have to imagine he would have been there unless he's tired of playing. It sucks to see what happened after CLG with him - but you think at least 1 of the top squads would have given him a chance if they thought he was good enough. It could also be the whole "duo" bs too.

Again, I hope it works out for EG next week. I'll be rooting :)

Also important to remember: There was so little time between 2gre getting dropped and roster lock

I love OGRE2 as much as the next guy, but if he could still hang in the Top 8 - I have to imagine he would have been there unless he's tired of playing. It sucks to see what happened after CLG with him - but you think at least 1 of the top squads would have given him a chance if they thought he was good enough. It could also be the whole "duo" bs too.

Again, I hope it works out for EG next week. I'll be rooting :)

If I remember correctly, Alg once offered him spot in pro team and he refused. So he could have been in that famous pro league if he wanted. Not saying he is the best pick up, but I can see why they decided to go with him.

It def makes Vegas more exciting no matter the outcome.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why are you acting like this is such an outlandish idea?

I get that you hate the twins for some reason and ogre 2 is apparently the devil to you, but maybe, just maybe, the EG team know more than you about the reasons behind it.

Or perhaps even more outlandish, it isn't a trade up or down, but a trade aimed at bringing more out of the team as a whole.

I have nothing against Devon and really hope that something great happens for him, he seems like a great competitor. But it's clear EG wasn't working and a change had to happen, and it seems like the majority on the team wanted the GOAT.

I have nothing against 2gre,

But this decision is completely illogical, I am dump founded, amazed, perplexed, that out of EVERYONE that they could have conceivably convinced to play with i.e teams in or around them, that 2gre was their best option. 

I deal in fact, stats and numbers day to day and this goes against all of those and to see people here going this was a good move, this team has a chance, 2gre is back, when everything that we have seen contradicts those views pisses me off. Like use logic

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I would have been honored to play 2gre when he was relevant. I would have stood in amazement.

I just refuse to be buy into this deluded uneducated and blind opinion that 2gre is good at this game (IN COMPARISON TO OTHER PRO'S)

Do you watch his stream? He grinds more Halo 5 than most pros. He doesn't have the individual mechanics that a lot of the players on top 6 teams do, but he holds his own well enough. There was a number of times last week I saw Devon goosing several minutes into games...while going silent for long periods of time. I can't imagine Tom will do worse than that.

• Upvote (+1) 5

But this decision is completely illogical, I am dump founded, amazed, perplexed, that out of EVERYONE that they could have conceivably convinced to play with i.e teams in or around them, that 2gre was their best option. 

I deal in fact, stats and numbers day to day and this goes against all of those and to see people here (going this was a good move, this team has a chance, 2gre is back, when everything that we have seen contradicts those views pisses me off. Like use logic,

Who would you have put in Devons place? 

Uneducated? Did you go to school to study Halo or something? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I deal in fact, stats and numbers day to day and this goes against all of those and to see people here going this was a good move, this team has a chance, 2gre is back, when everything that we have seen contradicts those views pisses me off. Like use logic

What are your facts? Which Ogre2 stats are going by?

What were EGs other options?

Who would you have put in Devons place? 

First off I would never have gotten rid of devon, he is not the problem the twins are.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Just saying, Heinz wasn't in the pro league S1 at the start. They both got opportunities to join the pro league and Heinz took it, 2gre didn't.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can you maybe use some of those many stats you claim to have? It'd stop you coming across like having a personal vendetta against the guy.

And again, I don't think anyone is arguing that 2gre is the only pick up, nor is he necessarily the most talented mechanically.

What the EG team are clearly banking on is his familiarity with halo as a franchise (including his grinding of h5), his ability to understand games and provide feedback (analyst for EG) and his rapport with the twins. They have valued that higher than someone else who may have a slightly higher skill ceiling. That's not unreasonable or illogical, even if you disagree.

• Upvote (+1) 3

First off I would never have gotten rid of devon, he is not the problem the twins are.

Ah-ok ,so now you agree that a player being ON a pro team doesn't neccisarily mean they are better than those who aren't.

While EG picking up Ogre 2 makes me really happy, it will most likely go down as one of the worst team changes of all time.

lol no.  Other than the fact that is wasn't a bad decision (not saying it was ideal either though) EG's own decision to drop VictoryX last pro-league was a worse one by far.

Look guys, this team change isn't about Ogre2.  Its really not.  It's about "addition by subtraction".  They were not getting along with Devon.  He was playing streakily. Blaming your xbox then quitting a scrim is not the attitude you want on your team. Along with other arguments we have seen during scrims and im sure just as many off-camera.

Think of it like an attitude/skill ratio, and Devon's wasn't up to snuff.  Even if you make the argument (not that i would) that 2gres individual skill isn't on-par with Devons, everything else seems to be an upgrade. 

I do think Devon has pro-player skill, but I doubt this team change decision was a "skill based" decision.  If that's the case then 1) it wasn't a dumb decision and 2) 2gre isn't a downgrade.

• Upvote (+1) 7

While EG picking up Ogre 2 makes me really happy, it will most likely go down as one of the worst team changes of all time.

Well '08 Snipedown got dropped by Str8 TwoWeeks™, and '10 Ola got dropped by Triggers Down while almost certainly being the best player in the game at that time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't believe you were watching their scrims if you don't think Devon was a problem. He had the worst attitude of any player in pro league that I've seen.

So 2gre is a trade up in your opinion,

- better communication 

- better chemistry

- NO DROP OFF in skill

hmm might just be the least logical post of 2017

Congratulations.

Did Ogre2 like, BXR you one too many times?

You don't know a pain like finding out your girlfriend has been having secret sexual relations with a goat

• Upvote (+1) 1

You don't know a pain like finding out your girlfriend has been having secret sexual relations with a goat

Dont knock it till ....

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hope more people see my post than yours and take it completely out of context.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

How has no one brought up Final Boss dropping Walshy as the worst team change ever yet?

Well they brought in Neighbor who was pretty hot at the moment, but yeah that Final Boss team should have dropped OG1 not Walsh.