CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They were different posts. You couldn't even be bothered to change the time stamp.

They call me CNN.

For those wondering:

Devon is on Switch Up now.

Team: Devonator, Rammy, Monstcr, Nemassist (cClaim was dropped)

• Upvote (+1) 8

What's up with the Icarus armor being prohibited? Did I miss something?

Due to some weird bug, it doesn't have any visual indicators for spartan abilities, no noise when someone stabilises and reduced noise for a ground pound.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No sound during stabilize, basically a sneaking suit. 

Edit: Moa.

Your spartan abilities are basically muted whenever you use them. The sound of the stabilizer, for example, is muffled, which gives an unfair advantage to players relying on sound-whoring (which shouldn't even exist in a game like Halo anyway).

previously 343 would claim that this is an intended feature but would then patch it out after the tournament. It's a decent step forward.

Your spartan abilities are basically muted whenever you use them. The sound of the stabilizer, for example, is muffled, which gives an unfair advantage to players relying on sound-whoring (which shouldn't even exist in a game like Halo anyway).

Why? People have been trying to find tricks to mute noises since Halo CE. People believed (incorrectly) for a long time that melee weapon switches avoided the sound your pistol makes when you switch to it. There's a famous Zyos 1v1 on Prisoner where he purposefully didn't shoot a shot to quick-camo so as to avoid giving his opponent any information.

Linky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLUP7qo6TCw

• Downvote (-1) 1

Why? People have been trying to find tricks to mute noises since Halo CE. People believed (incorrectly) for a long time that melee weapon switches avoided the sound your pistol makes when you switch to it. There's a famous Zyos 1v1 on Prisoner where he purposefully didn't shoot a shot to quick-camo so as to avoid giving his opponent any information.

That literally has nothing to do with this in any way, shape, or form. GG.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm mainly referring to sound information that highly encourages expensive equipment to take advantage of, such as footsteps. Besides, that's irrelevant to my comment relating specifically to a particular armor being beneficial against everything else in an arena shooter.

There's a difference between doing tricks and having the game just give you an advantage. It would be like if there was something that told you where the other players are...wait

The Liquid vs EG scrim has started fyi. No streams :\

We need a caster to step up and stream it.

Liquid's up 2-0

• Upvote (+1) 1

Due to some weird bug, it doesn't have any visual indicators for spartan abilities, no noise when someone stabilises and reduced noise for a ground pound.

Also doesn't show secondary weapon on spartans back like all other armour.

ANZ got 100% left out of the HaloWC news on Waypoint.

Tears for a forgotten region. 

I mean there's a reason why they call it the "down under" region  :kappa: