CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm going to be straight up honest here, I think Halo becoming a hero shooter is something worth looking into

have classes for spartans, elites, brutes, etc. who wouldn't want to play as a flood form for instance? obviously keep all that shit in warzone or something lol

and then the best part: have a "spartan heavy" or something -- no sprint, no armour abilities, and used in competitive. so basically Spartan IIs from H1-H3

obviously it would look like Halo is just ripping off games like Overwatch, but honestly this franchise has pathetically little dignity left at this point anyway so what's there to lose??

I was ready to neg you, but given how well recieved and (massively missed) playable elites are, I think there probably is a market for class based Halo even amongst former fans.

I remember something like this being highly requested as far back as the H2 days.

Honestly, I kinda think might make Warzone more enjoyable, and I'd be all for it if it meant 4v4 and competitive would get the treatment they deserve.

Correct me if im wrong but there are alot of halo events this weekend

Saturday

NA Cup 5 (Online)

Sunday

ANZ Regional Qualifier (Online)

EU LCQ (Online)

Friday-Sunday

LATAM HWC Mexico City Qualifier (LAN)

So basically because of time zones, there are 4 events on saturday (NA time) with the NA cup, LATAM qualifier and ANZ qualifier on around/at the same time. And I think the ANZ matches last week were on ESL AU's twitch meaning either the NA cup or the LATAM Qualifier are going to be on Halo's twitch. This whole thing is pretty badly set up

Edit* EU open qualifier to get into the LCQ is on Saturday. LCQ is on Sunday

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't really get why a critique of someone's public actions is considered a personal attack. It's also frustrating as an outsider because a lot of people here do suck up to certain people. You have pros and the competitive community saying how bad everything is. Yet we hear nothing until shit hits the fan and then it's..."We're working on it, stay tuned." They don't even tweet out streams of their own tournaments/qualifiers. It's easy to blame politics but I think it's bullshit. I accept there might be some negative consequences from politics (like universal settings etc) but the ball is dropped on the smallest things.

Make the stream work, support the streams, and have a tournament system that makes sense. We had to watch Blue 4 for two days at a professional event people flew into STL to play in. Tensions are running high because at this point it just seems like the community is talking to a wall. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Correct me if im wrong but there are alot of halo events this weekend

Saturday

EU LCQ (Online)

NA Cup 5 (Online)

Sunday

ANZ Regional Qualifier (Online)

Friday-Sunday

LATAM HWC Mexico City Qualifier (LAN)

So basically because of time zones, there are 4 events on saturday (NA time) with the NA cup, LATAM qualifier and ANZ qualifier on around/at the same time. And I think the ANZ matches last week were on ESL AU's twitch meaning either the NA cup or the LATAM Qualifier are going to be on Halo's twitch. This whole thing is pretty badly set up

My guess is that the LATAM Qualifier is gonna be on twitch./halo, NA online cup on twitch.tv/pglpro and the ANZ qualifier on twitch.tv/esl_halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be funny if the probability of it actually happening wasn't so high.

Remember how we joked about how Worlds will be held in Burbank? Those were good times.

Now we live in the joke.

The need to upvote for the actual content is real, but the need to downvote for hating the Oxford comma is strong. Neutral net rep from me. 

I gave you a positive rep to make you feel bad for not giving me one :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

We streamed the ANZ LCQ from ESL_Halo. Presumably the same thing this weekend but I don't know I just show up and talk.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sometimes ninja makes those plays, that don't really make sense, but he then goes on to embarrass the other team. That plaza slayer was a good example of that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also OT but I hate the oxford comma. Conventional use says to use it but I throw up a little everytime I do

As a The Elements of Style shill, I do not accept your hatred of the oxford comma.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It just feels unnatural n'am sayin?

Yeah it feels unnatural... in primary school.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Str8 has gotten shit on three scrims in a row, winning a total of 5 games, and only 2 in their last two scrims

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Str8 has gotten shit on three scrims in a row, winning a total of 6 games, and only 2 in their last two scrims

nah they won 3 games in their last scrim before tonight. 3-10 vs musa, artic, brainstrm, tireiron...  :mj:

nah they won 3 games in their last scrim before tonight. 3-10 vs musa, artic, brainstrm, tireiron... :mj:

They got 12-1 yesterday vs NV. I know about the catastrophe scrim, which is what I counted.

But I gave str8 an extra win. So instead of 6, they only have 5 wins in their last three scrims

Str8 is a LAN team

They made their renaissance because of their online play in pro league. Take away the last event where splyce choked it away, what are you left with?

Choking away a 3-0 lead vs liquid at finals

Getting 3-0d and 3-1d by contra/dev at Vegas

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They made their renaissance because of their online play in pro league. Take away the last event where splyce choked it away, what are you left with?

Choking away a 3-0 lead vs liquid at finals

Getting 3-0d and 3-1d by contra/dev at Vegas

You understimate the power of Adderall on APG

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1