CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So he was there already, got sick, couldn't work, they flew in Ellen, and Tashi still had an "amazing time." 

I've been sick for the last three days and haven't left my bed, you sure he wasn't just love sick for his gamer girl he couldn't fly out?

Also strange coincidence the event Tashi is down for the count ends up being one of the best run events, don't you think?

It was one of the best run events because of @@Meekel, this guy doesn't get enough attention! 

• Upvote (+1) 8

It was one of the best run events because of @@Meekel, this guy doesn't get enough attention! 

@@Meekel the man, glad to see the EU event being ran smoothly.

I really hope Millennial learned a lot from last event so we can have a great event in NA next week.

• Upvote (+1) 3

to be fair, go on twitter and type in 'gears shotgun'

not all butterflies and roses and unicorns.

Gears Is awesome shut your mouth, Gears is perfect and is being ran by the greatest Tournament Organizer to ever exist.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Gears Is awesome shut your mouth, Gears is perfect and is being ran by the greatest Tournament Organizer to ever exist.

I love these kind posts because you know we sunk so low that we want to pretend everything is fine.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm just waiting for the token "grassroots, content, community" posts from Goldenboy until the paychecks stop coming again and he moves on to telling us Titanfall 3 is going to be the next big game in eSports, then that paycheck stops coming, and you get the idea.

I move that @@Saucey relinquish his name to Frank.

• Upvote (+1) 1

OT

Decided to play H5 for the first time in months. First game I match a full team of champs and my team started with 3 people. Can't make this shit up.

I remember when personal attacks on 343 employees was locked down upon on here and not allowed, even the pros called Frank out on his bullshit, but damn am I happy that posts questioning MLG's ability to bring Halo back are directly responded to by an Admin.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I remember when personal attacks on 343 employees was locked down upon on here and not allowed, even the pros called Frank out on his bullshit, but damn am I happy that posts questioning MLG's ability to bring Halo back are directly responded to by an Admin.

We have removed plenty of posts we feel that cross the line, but in the same vein we are fine with the community judging 343 / HCS staff ability as a whole. It's a tightrope at times, should we remove @@Moses_FPS posts when they say the HCS staff doesn't tweet out their own streams and online tournaments next? We aren't going to be 343i / HCS personal bodyguards, but we will do our best not to have them get trampled by personal attacks that go way overboard.

I stress any member, if you feel something is bad - please use the report feature or PM a mod. We will look into it as soon as possible.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is really having a negative impact on the general atmosphere of pretending this game isn't a joke I have come to expect and enjoy from this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

to be fair, go on twitter and type in 'gears shotgun'

not all butterflies and roses and unicorns.

and i dont honestly expect perfection. im the kind of guy who liked mass effect 3. but what i do want is just some back and forth. i'll go back to @@Onset. he asked us what we'd like to see in downtime for the event. we told him and he explained some of the things he could do; some he couldnt. he then took that feedback and applied it to the final product. it wasnt perfect but i was really good to see that type of communication. same with menke. no one is 100% happy with his answers, but the fact that there is some real dialog is awesome

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are they actually under the impression that many of the people who would be participating in a forge contest would want to go to that event? lmfao. Maybe they could offer the cash value instead.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I've been around longer than most in the scene, and I've mostly worked in the scene, I was maybe almost good enough to compete at one point but my only accolades was coaching a Halo 3 team in 2009 and competing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl in 2010. 

I've worked every stream position aside from "producer" for Major League Gaming and worked as "talent" for companies like ReedPOP and Virgin Gaming.

You can pretend I'm a troll or just filled with insurmountable levels of hate all you want, but at the end of the day anyone that's working in the Halo community, I've either done their job already or I could do their job better now. 

great, you coached a Halo 3 team in 2009, worked at MLG events many years ago, and made YT videos about the Halo 4 railgun ... I guess that makes you (1) qualified to completely understand the current esports landscape and the inner workings of ESL, 343, etc., and also (2) excuses the fact that you're an unfunny troll who would be banned on any forum not operated by THC/TB admins

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 16

I'm just waiting for the token "grassroots, content, community" posts from Goldenboy until the paychecks stop coming again and he moves on to telling us Titanfall 3 is going to be the next big game in eSports, then that paycheck stops coming, and you get the idea.

To be fair, Titanfall 2 is pretty solid all around and a much better game than Titanfall 1 and to some extent... COD IW and Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

great, you coached a Halo 3 team in 2009 and worked at MLG events many years ago ... I guess that makes you (1) qualified to completely understand the current esports landscape and the inner workings of ESL, 343, etc., and also (2) excuses the fact that you're an unfunny troll who would be banned on any forum not operated by THC/TB admins

Frank has been banned / warned numerous times throughout the years though.

Just because we don't pull out the Game of Thrones shame walk doesn't mean people don't get messaged.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

great, you coached a Halo 3 team in 2009 and worked at MLG events many years ago ... I guess that makes you (1) qualified to completely understand the current esports landscape and the inner workings of ESL, 343, etc., and also (2) excuses the fact that you're an unfunny troll who would be banned on any forum not operated by THC/TB admins

You sound upset, I don't know why, but you definitely do, if you think I couldn't have sent an email to book a world championship somewhere other than Burbank, so be it.

great, you coached a Halo 3 team in 2009, worked at MLG events many years ago, and made YT videos about the Halo 4 railgun ... I guess that makes you (1) qualified to completely understand the current esports landscape and the inner workings of ESL, 343, etc., and also (2) excuses the fact that you're an unfunny troll who would be banned on any forum not operated by THC/TB admins

W45BNfa.gif