CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So stepping away from Halo (and the long goodbye post that went with it) didn't hold much weight after all.

W0uld going for that Beyond heel turn just before the new season starts

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just topped off finals with a few shifts at the bar. Haven't looked at the thread all week. Where are we sitting with no radar/getting rid of eden slayer pls god pls

Just topped off finals with a few shifts at the bar. Haven't looked at the thread all week. Where are we sitting with no radar/getting rid of eden slayer pls god pls

It doesn't look like anything is going to happen to radar and its a tragedy. I want to like H5 but I always end up playing for a few days then waiting a few weeks or months to try again later. They are adding silenced assault rifles to everything though so maybe they do have some kind of plan? I can't really follow any logic to having those on map unless something is changing about radar. 

I'm loving the new eg. Shooter's comms are so good.

I know people hate the flashbang aspect of them, but I think truth slayer should be plasma nade start. It's far too easy to just bounce frags all over to get damage and kills. Makes sense for flag, but slayer could use the change of pace

Relegation at the last event gave Allegiance and Enigma6 automatic tickets to the Pro Brackets for the Worlds LAN Qualifiers

retain their place in the HCS Pro League next season.

Enigma 6 Group and Team Allegiance will be a part of the 2017 HCS Pro League

http://pro.eslgaming.com/halo/proleague/news/enigma-6-and-team-allegiance-survive-the-na-hcs-pro-league-relegation-bracket/

Whos been running with who so far?

As of last night:

TL- Stellur, Penguin, Rayne, Eco

EG- RoyBox, Bubu, Shooter

LG- Danoxide, Naded, Spartan, Suspector

Are the teams I can think of off the top of my head.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As of last night:

If these teams stick, that leaves Allegiance looking for 1 if Contra really separated from Devon and Str8 Rippin looking for 2 if Heinz is dropped. E6 will lose their pro league spot because you need at least 2 members of the previous roster to hold the spot. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Just catching up so this is kind of late, but.

Wow. If they ever did come out with H3A and made it the competitive game of choice, seems like a lot of you guys would be extra  :salt: about it. All of these no radar settings and having only BRs and no automatics would really just send you off a cliff. I liked halo 3, I thought it was competitive. Sure it had its flaws, but there has never been a video game that everyone has fully liked.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm loving the new eg. Shooter's comms are so good.

I know people hate the flashbang aspect of them, but I think truth slayer should be plasma nade start. It's far too easy to just bounce frags all over to get damage and kills. Makes sense for flag, but slayer could use the change of pace

retain their place in the HCS Pro League next season.

Enigma 6 Group and Team Allegiance will be a part of the 2017 HCS Pro League

http://pro.eslgaming.com/halo/proleague/news/enigma-6-and-team-allegiance-survive-the-na-hcs-pro-league-relegation-bracket/

Hopefully an unfortunate choice of words. It would make no sense in the event that they somehow don't make worlds or disband those seeds and then make worlds for the top NA teams following worlds to not be the group for Pro League. 

The way that's worded implies that a team could skip 2017 worlds and still have a spot for the pro league afterwards which just seems awkward at best.

Just catching up so this is kind of late, but.

Wow. If they ever did come out with H3A and made it the competitive game of choice, seems like a lot of you guys would be extra  :salt: about it. All of these no radar settings and having only BRs and no automatics would really just send you off a cliff. I liked halo 3, I thought it was competitive. Sure it had its flaws, but there has never been a video game that everyone has fully liked.

The BR in this game is easier to use and has no spread. This is hit-scan too. Using it as a starting weapon would be a disaster. 

Radar/No Radar isn't the issue, this game having spartan abilities like sprint, thrust, slide jump etc is the issue. That's why there are some issues with both settings right now.

You are right about autos, they shouldn't be anywhere near competitive settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As of last night:

Wait, am I missing something here? Where does Commonly land in all of this?  Why tf is TL breaking up anyways?   :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait, am I missing something here? Where does Commonly land in all of this? Why tf is TL breaking up anyways? :mj:

I'm hoping Commonly was just not available and Eco filled in. As I want Eco still on Str8. Eco did that for Optic a couple of days ago. I think Ace and APG are going Vegas to watch Cod and hang with Maniac so he's got no team currently to game with.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The BR in this game is easier to use and has no spread. This is hit-scan too. Using it as a starting weapon would be a disaster. 

Radar/No Radar isn't the issue, this game having spartan abilities like sprint, thrust, slide jump etc is the issue. That's why there are some issues with both settings right now.

You are right about autos, they shouldn't be anywhere near competitive settings.

oh. I'm in no way saying that those should be the setting in H5. The BR is way too powerful to be a starting weapon.

I think that taking out radar would reduce sprint, abilities, thrusting, but would not eliminate them. I actually like thrusts and don't have a huge problem with sprint in H5.

But autos really shouldn't be used. If they are used they should at least be extremely nerfed (suppressed maybe?) so that they don't have a huge effect on the game. Make it so that they are only effective from a foot or two away, not across map like the AR is now.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But autos really shouldn't be used. If they are used they should at least be extremely nerfed (suppressed maybe?) so that they don't have a huge effect on the game. Make it so that they are only effective from a foot or two away, not across map like the AR is now.

The only way to do this is to either literally make bullets disappear (bad) or to jack up the spread so much that you can't rely on shots to land (like the SMG is now, but worse).

This actually makes the weapons less skillful than they already are.

The only way to do this is to either literally make bullets disappear (bad) or to jack up the spread so much that you can't rely on shots to land (like the SMG is now, but worse).

Hmm, I guess there's only one thing we can do to fix the autos problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, all you have to do is decrease the fire range. Just look at the AR in H2A. It does damage, but not enough for people to want to pick it up. It doesn't make it less skillful, it makes it less useful. Therefor eliminating itself from the game without having to completely remove it. 

That really doesn't fix anything about why their autos are always bad. They don't need to be inaccurate spray and pray weapons. Something fully automatic could easily also be extremely accurate with low aim assist or whatever. They just never choose to actually do anything interesting. Every AR. Every utility like weapon. They're all roughly the same idea. Why? What a waste of space.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only way to make autos skillful is to do what CS does and make the spray be a consistent pattern that is unique to each weapon but can be compensated for with practice.

I dont see how you could pull this off without a kbm though unless you really dumb down the pattern. Controllers + aim assist just dont make it viable.

Autos just arent skillful period imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't the people who played the no radar games already say that if you remove radar, the auto use when way down? That way they still get used for a little variety, but aren't used very often. Sounds like the best solution to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I truly think I'm the only one who appreciates Halo finally having an Assault Rifle worth using.  There are issues with Autos, specifically the AR, but I think it has way more to do with radar abuse and spawning with it then the actual gun itself being "overpowered".  I love that it can actually kill someone at more than a couple feet away for a change and I don't want it to regress to what the gun used to be.  

• Upvote (+1) 7