CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Honestly I think Halo 5, and CoD are equally in a bad state gameplay wise right now because they released games that have lost identity on what made them great games, but at least CoD already announced that they are going back to their roots and 343i is still sitting there probably thinking Halo still needs to evolve for people to continue to play Halo. Getting tired of 343i's shenanigans.

If MCC meant anything, don't get your hopes up.

The thing that really frustrates me, is people saying games need to evolve and games like halo 3 wouldn't sell well now, are you fucking kidding me, a good game is a good game, end of discussion.

Let's just look at cod, the moment they innovated, they suffered, because despite what some people criticized cod for "it is the same thing every year". That was actually one of its greatest strengths. It's consistency, devoted fan's were kept interested through new guns maps, and SLIGHT alterations to the formula, and generally they went from strength to strength. People knew what to expect from new games. The skills they learned in previous iterations were still relevant. The way of playing the game was similar. All the hours they had devoted to the franchise were still somewhat relevant and mattered because the way they played the game and the skills acquired were always transferable.

Most consumers enjoy playing it safe, most like the dependable products. Cod has realized this and are now back peddling at a rate of knots yet in halo we still live in this delusioned fantasy that halo must evolve to stay relevant.

It would still probably be relevant if we never fucking deviated.

Duuuude you're drinking the nostalgia kool aid again

Here take this gold REQ pack and the limited edition of Halo wars 2, you'll forget alllll about it

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You're over 1 post per page. You're crazy.

4Mhn33h.jpg

I work in a NOC thats pretty slow. Plus my night shifts like tonight are by myself. Night shifts are meme shifts. And i just like you guys
  • Upvote (+1) 2

It would still probably be relevant if we never fucking deviated.

I've been saying it for years, but it'd be nice if they refined Halo instead of changing the entire fucking thing over and over again. Black Ops 2 is a perfect example of a good game, because it's the same game, just refined to be balanced and more enjoyable.

Imagine if they got Halo 1/2/3 and instead of changing it, refined it so the frustrations were removed and the reward systems were improved.

That'd sell like wildfire. Instead we get "We wanted to make our own version of a Halo game"

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know this is kinda a settings thing, but I really think rockets need to be replaced on Colly TS. The amount of blowouts we are now seeing when a team gets rocks and snipe is insane.

Replace it with a needler  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know this is kinda a settings thing, but I really think rockets need to be replaced on Colly TS. The amount of blowouts we are now seeing when a team gets rocks and snipe is insane.

If you do this on Coli it needs to be done on Eden too IMO.

Sword might work great on that map. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you do this on Coli it needs to be done on Eden too IMO.

Although it isn't as bad on Eden since it's the SPNKr

• Upvote (+1) 2

Although it isn't as bad on Eden since it's the SPNKr

Yeah, if you're playing OG no worries because LethuL will miss 4/4 times.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I broke down the Saturday possibilities. There's 43 scenarios (as long as all 3 teams reach the Top 8).

CNCTv6Y.png

Luminosity:

5th place - 39.5%

6th place - 39.5%

7th place - 21%

Pnda Gaming:

5th place - 32.5%

6th place - 35%

7th place - 32.5%

Evil Geniuses:

5th place - 28%

6th place - 25.5%

7th place - 46.5%

Now do it based on matchup probabilities, with series weighted by previous series and scrims, which are weighted by recency and tournament play, accounting for a 50/50 chance that str8 plays in the tournament. And then calculate the expected value of the times Cratos will get teabagged.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Now do it based on matchup probabilities, with series weighted by previous series and scrims, which are weighted by recency and tournament play, accounting for a 50/50 chance that str8 plays in the tournament. And then calculate the expected value of the times Cratos will get teabagged.

I'll get the PROX scores ready

• Upvote (+1) 5

In all fairness, Halo 3 still wouldn't sell as well, not because of it's gameplay but because consumer tastes have changed and that market is far more crowded now.

I still agree though.

Gotta disagree. Overwatch and CS prove that you dont need sprint for people to feel welcome. CoD and halo is proving that players want simpler, more well executed experiences given a lot of current fan response.

You know what all of those games have in common? NONE of them are innovative. They are all either derivative of other games or former versions of themselves. "innovation" is such a fucking overrated bean-counter buzzword. Stick to your formula, fix whats broken and execute properly.

An updated H3 (graphics, hit detection, sandbox tweaks) that feels a little faster (increase FoV) would appeal to a big market thats currently barren.

Tastes have not changed nearly as much as publishers would like to think.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Best shot in the game right here

Justice has been served.

• Upvote (+1) 3

An updated H3 (graphics, hit detection, sandbox tweaks) that feels a little faster (increase FoV) would appeal to a big market thats currently barren.

Mmmm imagine Halo 3 with 100 FOV, 60fps, 1080p+, no BR spread and top-tier hit detection. (improved animations and graphics of course)

It'd be delicious.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Mmmm imagine Halo 3 with 100 FOV, 60fps, 1080p+, no BR spread and top-tier hit detection. (improved animations and graphics of course)

It'd be delicious.

Wouldn't be Halo 3 then.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What I realized about Halo 5 is that as much as I love the game there is too much going on. Between, thrust, ground pound, power ups, power weapons, sprint, sliding, spartan charge, etc. There is simply too much in the game for people to keep track of. Games stopped being simple and starting throwing you to the wolves with it's complex controls.

Agreed. Halo 1/2 are by far the most simple Halo games, yet they have the highest skill gaps (arguably Halo 5 is more than Halo 2) but I'd love to see a return to simpler times. 

A complex and modern rewards system is where the effort should be put in, as well as a competent UI (How have we gone backwards from Reach!?) and a decent level of content (like a good story for the campaign).

These are the things gamers want, not new gimmicks like Ground Pound.