CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wow! Just watched Optic 12-1 Splyce/Inconceivable! Optic looked strong as hell in scrims tonight!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wow! Just watched Optic 12-1 Splyce/Inconceivable! Optic looked strong as hell in scrims tonight!

lethul had so many multikills, was a really fun scrim to watch despite the poundage 

• Upvote (+1) 1

nV just beat str8 12-1 seems like nV finally got there shit together now if only they could play truth as good as TL/OG does that's where most of there losses come from and Regret TS as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

New thread hype!! 2017 will be a great year for halo!

Ready for Halo in 2017 

tWwj0x5.gif

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO

giphy.gif

: <

ESL sucks and I wish MLG would run events but Adam shouldn't post and talk to the community because "advertising" is bad

084.png

I don't think Adam/MLG is desperate for viewers they'd care about the few hundred viewers this forum would give them.

I leave the forum for a day, come back and see some of the weirdest shit...

You would think the forums would be a lot better when there is an event happening in 2 days.

You would think the forums would be a lot better when there is an event happening in 2 days.

Just TeamBeyond things, fam

No, I mean totally fair, - I love that Adam likes posting here regardless of his motivation, because it makes the community feel relevant and it's a different / unusual voice to have compared to all of us forum warriors. Even if I disagree with you on his motivations - I see him "conveniently" showing up here whenever there's a good PR moment to remind people how successful MLG was/is/could be - that's still a positive thing for all of the reasons you mentioned.

I'm just cringing out loud at the hero worship and +9000 ADAM IS A GOD reaction to posts which (fine, not always, but often) are MLG advertisements. Makes me feel like an abuse victim. Yeah, MLG did a good job. But remember, they're a business, and they're not doing it because they think Halo is rad. They do think Halo is rad, but that's not why they're running the company. You can tell the difference between someone who is here purely because they enjoy the discussion (which sounds more ridiculous when I type it), and somebody who is here to drum up a little free grassroots advertising. That's totally fine, but you all look pathetic when you name your firstborn children after the guy who monetized your favorite hobby / sport.

I've said my piece, I'll shut up about this topic now. What are scrims tonight?

At this point I'm confused as to what you're on about. Is it that people agree with him, or is that he gets some automatic upvotes? I can understand frustration with auto upvotes because it is silly, but people do that with almost any big name that posts here. A lot of pros will get instant upvotes as well when/if they ever post. But I think he gets "+9000 ADAM IS A GOD reaction" is because he knows what he's talking about and his opinions resonate with a lot of people here.

I don't think he comes here from a business point of view. He doesn't post links or anything, just responds when we talk about MLG or ask his opinion of Halo currently. He has said he would take Halo back, but at this point I think it's personal motivation since I doubt they'd turn a profit (at least not at first) with Halo. It has to be hard to see something you worked on for so long fumbled around and driven into the ground.

You can agree/disagree with wanting MLG back, but I don't get the attack on Adam

• Upvote (+1) 2

What event? :kappa:

At this point I'm confused as to what you're on about. Is it that people agree with him, or is that he gets some automatic upvotes? I can understand frustration with auto upvotes because it is silly, but people do that with almost any big name that posts here. A lot of pros will get instant upvotes as well when/if they ever post. But I think he gets "+9000 ADAM IS A GOD reaction" is because he knows what he's talking about and his opinions resonate with a lot of people here.

I don't think he comes here from a business point of view. He doesn't post links or anything, just responds when we talk about MLG or ask his opinion of Halo currently. He has said he would take Halo back, but at this point I think it's personal motivation since I doubt they'd turn a profit (at least not at first) with Halo. It has to be hard to see something you worked on for so long fumbled around and driven into the ground.

You can agree/disagree with wanting MLG back, but I don't get the attack on Adam

I don't think Sebastian necessarily disagrees with wanting mlg back, i think you're more on point with the dislike of auto-upvotes for Adam. I believe this came up because the public opinion changed from "at least we're using twitch and not a less known source" to "there's nothing wrong with using mlg.tv vs twitch". Now i understand there's a lot of thirst for that mlg dick, as it is the real deal, but i think a lot of the upvotes have been earned through trust based on 7 or so years of knowledge and success , which will always provide a degree of trust.

Why do you guys care so much about internet points? Ffs.

Adam has said several times that he posts here because he likes this community, one which multiple people have confirmed he has been a part of for a long time (e.g. THC). Does MLG also get some free advertising out of his presence here? Probably, but considering this is an esports community for a game that MLG played a massive role in making popular, I'd think most people here are into MLG events anyway, so the effect is negligible.

Can we stop talking about Adam posting here now? It would be sad if he felt unwelcome to interact here as a Halo fan because of his role in MLG.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Why do you guys care so much about internet points? Ffs.

When I apply to become an English teacher I will put my post that got the most reputation on my resume.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Welcome to TB, where the memes are lit and the points dont matter.

But +rep me anyway cuz the sooner i get gold bar the sooner my life is complete

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EG should try running with Tapping Buttons if they still have a chance for a roster change. That guy has to be something special if 2gre was gonna let him move in with him. Not to mention he has been accused for "keyboarding" because of how good his aim is. If he's actually legit then he at least deserves a shot. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Me: "[...] call everyone sheeple lmao. It would hold the same weight.

Very few people here think MLG is perfect, and even fewer think that posts here with zero agenda ever, which is basically what you're claiming."

So you're saying I'm foolish for trying to convince people that @ sometimes posts with an agenda, because very very few people would disagree with me.

Again, no I did not say that. I said you posted as if everyone here thinks Adam/MLG is perfect and never posts here with an agenda.

I then said few people here think MLG is perfect, and few think that Adam posts here agenda-free all the time. Again, I'm not sure how you're confused by that. Never once did I say you were a fool for trying to convince people of that. I just thought you made a post railing against a largely non-existent foe, as most people DO agree with you.

This can't be more clear, so I'm not sure how you managed to quote me with a WTF-type gif and still miss what I said. I stated that most people understand Adam is sometimes here with business on his mind. You somehow turned that into 

So am I going to get a retraction on that statement? Is your position now that Adam posts here with zero agenda ever? 

So again I ask, what the fuck are you talking about? Wait for it....
GVSIWnP.jpg

Also I laugh at TMMT being the "only legal esports betting platform." I'm assuming this isn't real and doesn't have the sponsoring of Nevada whatsoever....

https://realsport101.com/news/sports/esports/csgo/vegas-sports-booker-offers-legal-betting-on-dreamhack-masters

being "legal" aside, looking at the odds already sort of tells a bit of a story of who are the favourites to win / underdogs, really helps out with the overall story (assuming there's no fixed games)

• Upvote (+1) 1