CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wow you must be really good at this game.

I tried matching PJ after that game so I could betray him to take some of the heat off of you.

I've already made 71p this event betting on a 'sure thing'.

Your currency notation makes no cents.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Tried to play a warmup game of Assault yesterday and got matched up against Snakebite and Apg.  Tried to play a casual low onyx FFA today and got matched up against Frosty. I love Halo 5 matchmaking.

Edit: Searched again and now I'm matched against Vetoed in FFA. 

It's either them or the other six people that are playing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thays not his solution asshat.

My god some people here will do whatever they can to try to tear down some of the most qualified people for a little attention.

The misinterpretation amazes me.

READ HIS POST PROPERLY.

I was on your side @@Apoll0, you have betrayed me :(

• Downvote (-1) 5

giphy.gif

I'm literally going to get myself banned after getting memed this badly.

hell. ass. fuck. shit. damn. lethul. uvula.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did you just mistake me for @@mikeface killah ?

As an aspiring meme team towel boy, I'm honored. :mj:

I've mistaken both of you enough to like you both equally.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's pretty interesting how str8 rippin is sponsored by Verizon but the hcs (pro league only?) is sponsored by xfinity

Also idk if this is old news but the str8 rippin twitter is following a gow player and he's tweeting out the same Verizon ads, str8 rippin gow confirmed?

That's FatalStryke. Joe is a good dude and in the NYC area, which is where Str8 is. Tom has always had plans of expanding beyond halo. Makes sense.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thats not his solution asshat.

My god some people here will do whatever they can to try to tear down some of the most qualified people for a little attention.

That is what Menke posted on the Waypoint forums , with the lovely 1-30 analogy, wich is kind of stupid because their are players that my chances to beat are way lower that 1/30 I can beat Frosty maybe in 1/100000000 matches.

The misinterpretation amazes me.

READ HIS POST PROPERLY.

I was on your side @@Apoll0, you have betrayed me :(

LOL my bad dude. HIS = Menke. i get it now.  I'll make it up to you :)

My issue is there are so many known people within competitive Halo that do drive-by posts, advertise their stuff, etc on here and you don't say anything - but when @ posts you suddenly have an issue with no advertising of his product? That's the only thing I have an issue with, let's be honest Halo isn't popping like every other esports right now. MLG has really nothing to gain by doing anything Halo and 343i has shown no interest in doing the right decisions right now. I've seen a lot of fake people over the years on these forums, and @ isn't one of them.

Do you actually believe that MLG has nothing to gain doing Halo ??.

My issue is there are so many known people within competitive Halo that do drive-by posts, advertise their stuff, etc on here and you don't say anything - but when @ posts you suddenly have an issue with no advertising of his product? That's the only thing I have an issue with, let's be honest Halo isn't popping like every other esports right now. MLG has really nothing to gain by doing anything Halo and 343i has shown no interest in doing the right decisions right now. I've seen a lot of fake people over the years on these forums, and @ isn't one of them.

No, that's the whole point though - I have no problem with people hawking their wares here. We should love the fact that people want our viewership and feedback. I just don't like the particular dynamic that has evolved with Adam, because people appear to be unaware that this is what's going on. It's partially him and the way he frames his comments, but it's mostly on us - people jerk off to everything he posts. Perhaps because they miss the good 'ol days or something.

That's why I'm speaking up, because the Twitch vs. mlg.tv was such a clear example of people failing to take his comments with the appropriate skepticism. I have no internal bias one way or the other. If there's a strong technical team and good viewership numbers behind mlg.tv, then that's great. But you shouldn't start thinking that mlg.tv is The Way of the Future just because the guy who owns MLG told you it is! If you go back and read, that's all I've been saying the whole time.

Do you actually believe that MLG has nothing to gain doing Halo ??.

Of course it would be a great thing for the community, and it would do a lot better than anything ESL/HCS shits out - but let's be honest Halo is a tier 3 esports and has a lot of shit going against it. Halo name isn't popping like it once did besides prizing.

No, that's the whole point though - I have no problem with people hawking their wares here. We should love the fact that people want our viewership and feedback. I just don't like the particular dynamic that has evolved with Adam, because people appear to be unaware that this is what's going on. It's partially him and the way he frames his comments, but it's mostly on us - people jerk off to everything he posts. Perhaps because they miss the good 'ol days or something.

That's why I'm speaking up, because the Twitch vs. mlg.tv was such a clear example of people failing to take his comments with the appropriate skepticism. I have no internal bias one way or the other. If there's a strong technical team and good viewership numbers behind mlg.tv, then that's great. But you shouldn't start thinking that mlg.tv is The Way of the Future just because the guy who owns MLG told you it is! If you go back and read, that's all I've been saying the whole time.

Adam has been posting on here, THC and of course MLG forums before that. He's always been active within the community when Halo was at it's highest and lowest. He's a legend within this community - hence the jerk off status for a lot of older members of the community. If you're new to Halo esports I could see why you feel this way, but he's earned it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Do you know what that guy said?

PJ was playing arena with subs and the guy was trash talking one of the subs who went like -10 in a game