CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Any plans for hype videos like these from last year? They got me super excited for Worlds as just a little Plat 2 with big dreams lol! 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

makes me think of the south park episode where they're purposely trying to lose their games.

"we hate competitive Halo. the community is toxic and the pros are always complaining."

"Well we cant just leave without justification; that'll make us look bad."

"How about we just systematically destroy it over time, then eventually when people stop watching; we can drop it."

---- Fast forward 6 months ----

"What the fuck is wrong with this scene? Why won't they just stop watching and leave? Weve done everything we can to make this thing fail; but they wont leave."

with a litte

"why dont you run your own lans?.what? we're the only people with the servers?''

tumblr_mzayvoCWgk1r4gei2o8_250.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

EG seems like that forced group project from school where everyone dislikes each other. You can't sugarcoat it anymore and pretend these are one time things.

I think it literally WAS a forced team tbh. Ran out of options.

Can confirm.

Can confirm what? Everyone was freelance for one, and 1 person was switching yes audio was a big problem but that was not the same person what we were in charge of was tournament ops not production

I like you to saucy just don't like getting blame for something that no one could fix all weekend not just one person not 343 nore ugc and not me even though p5 was not contracted for the event the name is still being brought up

And key word with mlg was helped and not run no one person is responsible for an event :)

We fucking wish.

We would be the leader of ESports if the WWE was running Halo. I can already imagine the storylines that would be created.

Very few people here think MLG is perfect, and even fewer think that posts here with zero agenda ever, which is basically what you're claiming.

What agenda do I have? To be honest, I really don't post here for 'business' reasons, I post here because it is nostalgic. I was 22 years old when I started at MLG and I spent a lot of time on those MLG forums with a lot of familiar faces on this forum. I really only respond to posts when I'm mentioned (or MLG is mentioned), I don't come in here to start shit without being invoked. That said, maybe its 'unprofessional' but sometimes I just want to hang out and I like to do that here. 

So you're saying I'm foolish for trying to convince people that @ sometimes posts with an agenda, because very very few people would disagree with me.

Then, like 5 posts later, we have @ claiming outright that he never really posts here for business reasons at all. He has 69 upvotes at the time of writing, including yours.

So am I going to get a retraction on that statement? Is your position now that Adam posts here with zero agenda ever? 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 15

Any plans for hype videos like these from last year? They got me super excited for Worlds as just a little Plat 2 with big dreams lol! 

I would make another one of these in a heartbeat if they had an event near MI :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

We would be the leader of ESports if the WWE was running Halo. I can already imagine the storylines that would be created.

towey tried that

• Upvote (+1) 2

Eh, I think El Town is as positive as he can be in that environment. Saiyan is a fucking saint in the way he responds to the criticism they put on him. And Cam is Cam. Ninj is 100% of the negative energy on that team, and I say that as a big Ninja fan / sub / etc. His propensity to blame things on the new guy is a big part of it. Why do you think Trippey left? In the latest scrim he accidentally called Saiyan "Joey" as he was about to pile on a bunch of criticism about some stupid callout that "wasn't listened to". Ninja always fixates on some tiny play that affected him personally, and when El Town tries to make it big picture he never reacts well.

Just my .02. Ninja is the best show in Halo, and it's not all bad - sometimes he has a fairly unique viewpoint on how to play a gametype which turns out to be correct. But the majority of the time it can be pretty frustrating to hear him discuss Halo compared to some of the more level-headed pros. It's such a breath of fresh air hearing Frosty,Huke,Snakebite,Ola, Ryanoob, etc. talking about strategy.

I think both el and ninja give Saiyan undue shit. Don't get me wrong ninja is annoying in the way he always deflects blame and criticism, I just don't think he and el town flow. El town gets really.grating during games, and ninja does so in between. Still ninja is playing the best on that team, and often I can see his frustration although he will do something every other play that is baffling.

He and roybox belong together

So you're saying I'm foolish for trying to convince people that @ sometimes posts with an agenda, because very very few people would disagree with me.

Then, like 5 posts later, we have @ claiming outright that he never really posts here for business reasons at all. He has 69 upvotes at the time of writing, including yours.

So am I going to get a retraction on that statement? Is your position now that Adam posts here with zero agenda ever?

I dont get why you are concerned with how many upvotes he has

• Upvote (+1) 3

For what its worth, he's outside. He's on the patio at the bar.

Let me know what you think with the rest of the episode.

Can you link it to me? I don't always keep up with this thread.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I dont get why you are concerned with how many upvotes he has

If we're measuring agreement with a post, I think it's a fairly useful metric. What would you suggest instead?

Can confirm what? Everyone was freelance for one, and 1 person was switching yes audio was a big problem but that was not the same person what we were in charge of was tournament ops not production

I like you to saucy just don't like getting blame for something that no one could fix all weekend not just one person not 343 nore ugc and not me even though p5 was not contracted for the event the name is still being brought up

And key word with mlg was helped and not run no one person is responsible for an event :)

He said he could confirm you were a nice guy. 

Also new notification system is hot garbage. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you're saying 343i is sabotaging their own league and game?

Tashi essentially admitted it... but they think their decisions are sound.