CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Everyone seemed to like the MLG event that was held in Atlanta this past weekend, and we helped with that as well. But I will be sure to get a lemonade stand going :)

Yeah, you guys ran that all alone, just you two?

If so, good job. UGC was still a mess though (production wise). 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I always assumed they were just messing around.  Is it throwing data hive off?

Yeah, its all automatic seeding. Once I know the alt gamertag its ok, if it appears again its fine. Its just new alts cause stats not to be captured.

Wow nice one to ESL Halo for hitting 10,000 subs on Youtube.

Please @@TheSimms @@Timo @@Vivi @@Gaskin could you please continue uploading on this channel, it could become a nice hive for competitive Halo on Youtube (which is REALLY needed). Is there any chance that you could upload matches from UGC? And will you be uploading games from the HWC? That would be awesome.

I will speak to the team and see what the score is and the rights on uploading others content, we may simply not be allowed but ill dig into it. And yes 100% HWC finals will be on there, again not sure if gfinity/millenial vod will be up due to it been another TOs content but at the very least we could playlist it to showcase.

I plan on working much more on the youtube moving forward, its naturally grown into something awesome and the conversations and little community i see on there is very cool. Will make sure it gets much more focus moving forward, any feedback on how to utilise it further for Halo welcome!

• Upvote (+1) 7

that being said, i imagine contra stays on EG, and they drop devon, who then goes to pnda for str8 sick who gets shafted again in free agency. 

I don't think much of Str8 Sick, but to be honest, I don't think Devon gets picked up by anybody if he isn't packaged with Contra.

Yeah, its all automatic seeding. Once I know the alt gamertag its ok, if it appears again its fine. Its just new alts cause stats not to be captured.

I know Shooter has been using "Severus Shooter"

and Falcated has been using "Lord Faldemort"

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, you guys ran that all alone, just you two?

If so, good job. UGC was still a mess though (production wise). 

pump the breaks there war chief, picking fights with people who live and breathe halo is not what we need to be doing. UGC St Louis was not the fault of P5, i attended both events the first non 343 supported and the second 343 fully supported. Same game, same venue, close to the same number of teams, you're a clever guy one of those things is not like the other.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

pump the breaks there war chief, picking fights with people who live and breathe halo is not what we need to be doing. UGC St Louis was not the fault of P5, i attended both events the first non 343 supported and the second 343 fully supported. Same game, same venue, close to the same number of teams, you're a clever guy one of those things is not like the other.

So you're saying 343i is sabotaging their own league and game?

• Upvote (+1) 2

What? No idea what you are talking about. 343 did not handle production. (I spoke to the guys who actually own UGC, oops.)

If P5 ran audio and video transitions, (which they did) then it was. 

Not that it really matters, but just because someone "likes x" or "is a nice guy" does not mean they arent accountable for their performance.

P.S. I do think Proverb is a nice guy.

The HCS team is hot trash, but this one wasnt them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know Shooter has been using "Severus Shooter"

and Falcated has been using "Lord Faldemort"

Yeah I've caught those tags. Normally I get a DM from a pro saying people where on alts. Its just a matter of adding the alt.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you're saying 343i is sabotaging their own league and game?

in my opinion 343i didnt trust the people at UGC enough based on what i saw production wise from the first to the second event.

never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

Maybe I just have no faith or giving the higher ups at 343i too much credit, but what if they put people like Che, @@Tashi, etc in charge to see it fail later so they could bow out and said they tried after it went Titanic.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Maybe I just have no faith or giving the higher ups at 343i too much credit, but what if they put people like Che, Tashi, etc in charge to see it fail later so they could bow out and said they tried.

my worst nightmare

this is sadly plausible 

Maybe I just have no faith or giving the higher ups at 343i too much credit, but what if they put people like Che, @@Tashi, etc in charge to see it fail later so they could bow out and said they tried after it went Titanic.

so is HCS the XFL of esports?

I mean...you've been around long enough, right?

More tongue-in-cheek of a comment.

my worst nightmare

this is sadly plausible

I just don't get it, like anyone else in this position would have been let go ages ago. Maybe it's leadership or whatnot but my god this league could be miles better.

so is HCS the XFL of esports?

The XFL team actually put in effort though.

(watched the recent 30 for 30 :ace: )

• Upvote (+1) 1

makes me think of the south park episode where they're purposely trying to lose their games.

"we hate competitive Halo. the community is toxic and the pros are always complaining."

"Well we cant just leave without justification; that'll make us look bad."

"How about we just systematically destroy it over time, then eventually when people stop watching; we can drop it."

---- Fast forward 6 months ----

"What the fuck is wrong with this scene? Why won't they just stop watching and leave? Weve done everything we can to make this thing fail; but they wont leave."

• Upvote (+1) 2

What? No idea what you are talking about. 343 did not handle production. (I spoke to the guys who actually own UGC, oops.)

Not that it really matters, but just because someone "likes x" or "is a nice guy" does not mean they arent accountable for their performance.

If you talked to them you know more than me, but in my opinion from what i saw with my own eyes, from ugc 1 to ugc 2, the guys in the pit operated ugc2 with lots of extra and probably unnecessary people in the pit with them 24/7

those extra people all being from 343i

I agree. Hes been by far the most negative one and always tilts after just a game or two. Regardless of how things ended yesterday Lbx, Towey, Contra, and Roy all stuck around and started discussing the games they played and watching film. I mean even contra was calling out devon yesterday for not wanting to play on one of the other consoles.

This isnt true. Devon barely speaks. Lunch is far.more negative and annoying. Him and Roy sound like bullies during games with their comms, like their way is the "right" way to win games.

I don't think ninja is happy on lg either. El town is annoying a lot too, and you can tell when it bothers him both verbally and gameplay wise.

If you talked to them you know more than me, but in my opinion from what i saw with my own eyes, from ugc 1 to ugc 2, the guys in the pit operated ugc2 with lots of extra and probably unnecessary people in the pit with them 24/7

those extra people all being from 343i

UGC didnt throw them under the bus btw. I simply asked who ran audio, transitions, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can confirm.