CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

On the Bubu ordeal, he says that due to the contracts of the players E6 owned the spot no matter what because the team had earned "x" amount of dollars. These kids need to actually use lawyers or get better ones if thats the case, but that still doesn't even make any sense. A players contract should not be able to supersede the rules of the league. ESL should have dissolved the spot entirely if this is the case, as the rules state clearly how the ownership of a teams spot is supposed to happen.

i really wish esl provided a legal service its players to prevent shit like this. or some sort of players association. most of these guys are kids and dont know enough to get a lawyer so there needs to be an organization that represents players to keep them from getting screwed over

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whatever bullshit system they put in to reduce matching teams of 4 hasn't worked for fucking shit. Matchings to4 all day. Stop pussyfooting around and just put direct party restrictions in. Such a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

To straight up say EG defintely wont make worlds, at this point is too far IMO. I think they could still take down Pnda, LG or ALG on Land.

Tilt free of course

• Upvote (+1) 1

i really wish esl provided a legal service its players to prevent shit like this. or some sort of players association. most of these guys are kids and dont know enough to get a lawyer so there needs to be an organization that represents players to keep them from getting screwed over

Not to mention the appeal instantly of somebody coming to you and saying "I'm going to pay you $1200 a month to play video games. Its attractive and blinding. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not to mention the appeal instantly of somebody coming to you and saying "I'm going to pay you $1200 a month to play video games. Its attractive and blinding. 

This and this. A lot of these players are still teenagers and probably don't really care about what there signing because they are getting paid to play, travel covered and getting exposure from there org. There have been too many cases of players being ripped off or locked into ridiculous contracts that something should be done about this, but there really isn't anyone to do it unless a TO like ESL decides they want to get involved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

when-i-die-i-want-all-the-group-project-

So true lol. 

Thanks for the grades nerd

:kappa:

You're welcome.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think someone named Tom Ryan is available.

3/4 of the Instinct god squad. Hyyype?

Whatever bullshit system they put in to reduce matching teams of 4 hasn't worked for fucking shit. Matchings to4 all day. Stop pussyfooting around and just put direct party restrictions in. Such a joke.

I'm not sure those changes have been implemented yet.

He did say he had started/owned some cybersecurity firms... he strikes me of more of a Russ Hanniman than an Erlich Bachmann.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Guys he owns the (((EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS))) to gambling in esports. Hes playing 7D chess on a 5D chessboard against 3D opponents thinking one dimensionally

I feel like owning the exclusive rights to eSports gambling in the United States would be a bigger news story than the couple of times Gamurs has quoted him on it. It's almost like its not true.

Also I question there legality in the whole of the US as they claim. eSports betting is still not actually legal in the US, and multiple companies have basically set up operations in anticipation of it becoming legal. Based on their website, they mention "games of skill" in their terms and conditions, which is what (controversially) daily fantasy sites like DraftKings have labeled themselves under. I don't know if they are trying to hide all there gambling under this or how they plan on bypassing federal laws.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone got any insight as to why pros are scrimming on alt accounts so much these days?

Pretty sure money comes from dad

If that was the actual answer, I would've been content.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ESL = Good for Finals, Invitationals, etc.

MLG = Good for Open Events, Finals, Invitationals, etc. 

So here is what most people are looking for, as you seem to be confused. You can utilize both tournament organizers and play to their strengths. Utilize MLG for open events in relevant locations. Utilize ESL for Finals / Invitationals. 

Right now we are utilizing what boils down to be amateur-ish operations for open events, and ESL for everything else.. generally in Burbank, CA. 

I also think that the HCS DESPERATELY needs some guidance from experienced people at MLG. The way this league has been operating since Che's departure has been an absolute disgrace.

P.S. After UGC, I wouldnt trust P5 to run a lemonade stand.

Everyone seemed to like the MLG event that was held in Atlanta this past weekend, and we helped with that as well. But I will be sure to get a lemonade stand going :) 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Anyone got any insight as to why pros are scrimming on alt accounts so much these days?

I always assumed they were just messing around.  Is it throwing data hive off?

EG was better with ninja because they knew exactly what he brings to the table. High slaying power, one of the highest if not the highest damage outputs in h5, lots of deaths, 50/50 challenges, and tilting. 

Had things been done differently without all the politics i would have liked to see EG as roy lunch ninja and naded, or hell even bring victory x back. those are 4 guys who dont hate each other, and everyone knows exactly what each other is capable of.

that being said, i imagine contra stays on EG, and they drop devon, who then goes to pnda for str8 sick who gets shafted again in free agency. 

Who do they pick up? 2gre is a name, articc the kid 2gre was originally running with, and i would love that pickup because he would literally do and listen to everything the twins say in game, and i trust the twins game knowledge. 

could also dip into the am bracket pool of players and find a gem like LG did with saiyan and trippey.

any other teams making roster moves would honestly surprise me. i think Ninja is happy on LG. Str8 is clearly fine, so yeah. no hurricane anyone really. 

• Upvote (+1) 1