CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Echo Fox is a bit of a white elephant IMO. They have good financial backing but no real fanbase. nonexistent CS:GO team after multiple attempts. An average LoL team maybe? CoD team is okay. Overwatch team is okay. No real standout players or names that would make a fanbase. Still would be a good org in halo and hopefully they could build a fanbase here. 

They sponsored a lot of big fighting game names.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a tie between C9 and Liquid for the best logo in esports. FaZe is up there too just because of the godly team colors.

Does the Meme Team have a logo. I would assume that one would be best

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would if I actually wanted to go down that rabbit hole of debate, but I don't. I'm good producing events, leagues, and programs. 

Ok, so given that you're the one who has access to this data, and you've not presented any of it nor presented any actual debate... I'm going to stick with my original conclusion: MLG.tv is not comparable as a platform to Twitch. Case closed.

I love how many posters are happily upvoting this astroturf bs. You folks are sucking his dick for, essentially, promoting his business on a discussion forum. If you look with any measure at the type of stuff he responds to, this motive should be obvious. You guys respond to this behavior like he's some kind of hero and it drives me nuts. Don't get me wrong - it's cool and all for Adam to post here. I just wish everyone would cut the "all hail Adam" shit and react to his self-promotion for what it is - Sponsored Messages from MLGTM.

Grow a sack, think for yourself. Just because you liked the MLG era of Halo doesn't mean you have to fawn over every aspect of its continued existence. Learn to keep positive and negative thoughts about something in your head at the same time. It's a healthy skill to have. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 19

Ok, so given that you're the one who has access to this data, and you've not presented any of it nor presented any actual debate... I'm going to stick with my original conclusion: MLG.tv is not comparable as a platform to Twitch. Case closed.

I love how many posters are happily upvoting this astroturf bs. You folks are sucking his dick for, essentially, promoting his business on a discussion forum. If you look with any measure at the type of stuff he responds to, this motive should be obvious. You guys respond to this behavior like he's some kind of hero and it drives me nuts. Don't get me wrong - it's cool and all for Adam to post here. I just wish everyone would cut the "all hail Adam" shit and react to his self-promotion for what it is - Sponsored Messages from MLGTM.

Grow a sack, think for yourself. Just because you liked the MLG era of Halo doesn't mean you have to fawn over every aspect of its continued existence. Learn to keep positive and negative thoughts about something in your head at the same time. It's a healthy skill to have. 

So you say "think for yourself" but really you mean "think like you". K.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

really you mean "think like you". K.

No, I don't. I mean think for yourself, and here's my viewpoint that everyone seems to be missing.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Yeah, have to admit, Adam basically said TJ's post was full of shit but provided no explanation and deflected. He just said "Well data proves otherwise."

What.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was speaking with @@FrankieFourShot about this sort of thing  today. I respect somebody that I can disagree with, who can discuss things even if we dont see eye to eye. Just because somebody has my respect, does not mean they have my support. I've openly called MoneyMatches illegitimate on these forums and directly to Zach in discussion, but he's always answered and been open to discuss the matter with me. That earns my respect.

I'm well aware of the reputation and situations that MoneyMatches/Zach has been involved with, which is exactly why he's the kind of person I wanted to talk too. I dont want this series to just become a straight QnA going forward. Sure, I'd love to focus on Esports characters that everybody loves, but I also want to shine a light on the ones that draw conflict, one that has plenty of questions marks around. Its interesting to me, and if its not something you're interested in hearing, then dont watch that episode. Some episodes will feature people you genuinely dont care about, I understand that...but some people might. I've had more interactions (good and bad) with people interested in hearing what Zach had to say than I expected. I'm not interested in changing anybodies mind, or making you support him or his brand. But I am interested in giving people a platform to talk, even if its on an unpopular topic. 

Consider watching the episode, even if its just to cement your stance against the guy. I genuinely appreciate the feedback, and hope to see you on Episode 3. 

Stop trying to do actual journalism and just give us puff pieces about MLG Adam and our Lord and Savior Lethul  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Stop trying to do actual journalism and just give us puff pieces about MLG Adam and our Lord and Savior Lethul  :kappa:

I really want to attend a few events, and do drinking game interviews with people like @@LethuL, let alone entire teams. 

Really think they'd be fun to make and watch. TJ, if you read this, I'm buying. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I really want to attend a few events, and do drinking game interviews with people like @@LethuL, let alone entire teams.

Really think they'd be fun to make and watch. TJ, if you read this, I'm buying.

Halo Pros In Warthogs Getting Brisk Mate.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You sound like you need a hug. Cheer up, Halo CE is still available, go play Maw and feel better about saving the universe

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

They sponsored a lot of big fighting game names.

Yeah, they sponsor Mew2King, one of the biggest names in all of fighting games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

#NotMyHaloCE

UpNrveO.gif

I never played XBC but I imagine it was close to that. Can't expect 343 to make a decent online multiplayer for a game that never had it.

I never played XBC but I imagine it was close to that. Can't expect 343 to make a decent online multiplayer for a game that never had it.

Spawning right next to the enemy  :lxthul:

Spawning right next to the enemy  :lxthul:

343 didn't mess with the spawns did they? I'm pretty sure spawning next to people was a thing in CE.

343 didn't mess with the spawns did they? I'm pretty sure spawning next to people was a thing in CE.

If 343 can ship a game that has auto-aim mechanics literally pushing your reticle away from the enemy, then there's not a lot in the realm of game mechanic changes that I would put past them.

• Upvote (+1) 9

You sound like you need a hug. Cheer up, Halo CE is still available, go play Maw and feel better about saving the universe

Man some CE does sound pretty good right now, wish my OG box wasn't in the basement. I'd play the MCC version but... well, no I wouldn't.

Maybe I'll just go watch some H:CE speedrunners. I bet somebody's streaming right now on Twitc- er, I mean MLG.tv.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You heard it here folks, case closed. El señor sebastian has spoken, he is going to stick with his original conclusion; therefore, everyone shall accept it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1