CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Where is this interview?

It'll be live later this week. I'll post it here, my Twitter, YouTube, and as a Podcast assuming I can get that sorted in time. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Where would INC have to place to make top 7 for worlds?

Sounds like something @TiberiusOddley would know.

@MODS!!!!!!!! we need new shades of blue to emulate normie users.

• Upvote (+1) 5

INC is probably gonna be eUnited right? Just think it makes sense they are in most other console shooters. Plus seems like a decent org. 

Let's say INC gets a Org and along with ALG make worlds. Do their Orgs stick with them through the bullshit pro league season?

who do you guys think will qualify for worlds?

I got

optic

nV

Liquid

Str8

LG

INC

EG

EG won't make it.  The rest I agree with

• Upvote (+1) 1

Inc is more than likely getting picked up by eUnited. Ik mediabrute hinted at them coming to Halo in the past. 

I would like to see Echo Fox come into Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Let's say INC gets a Org and along with ALG make worlds. Do their Orgs stick with them through the bullshit pro league season?

Well just being in Pro League only guarantees a little money and with the Pro league finals being an open and I'm gonna assume some small "lands" in between. I think not being In Pro league wouldn't be a big deterrent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As of now neither one of them has a pro league spot. If Panda sticks together after worlds to keep their spot, only 1 of INC or ALG will be in pro league. They need to worry about winning the qualifier before they worry about their org sticking around.

Edit: Nevermind I read your post wrong. I think it's a toss up if the org sticks with the team that doesn't make it, but as a poster above me said, with the finals being an open event that increases the odds of the sticking around.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would like to see Echo Fox come into Halo.

Echo Fox is a bit of a white elephant IMO. They have good financial backing but no real fanbase. nonexistent CS:GO team after multiple attempts. An average LoL team maybe? CoD team is okay. Overwatch team is okay. No real standout players or names that would make a fanbase. Still would be a good org in halo and hopefully they could build a fanbase here. 

One thing i was thinking about that is different than it used to be in the MLG days is that hypothetically there will be players who stop playing for a while because they dont make worlds or dont make pro league etc etc, even though they are a top talent in the game.  Like back in the day a player could fall outside of the top 8 for an event and still be considered pro and play with pro players.  For example, maniac and snip3down in reach.  They would bounce between 9-12 and top 3 every event. Snip3down even placed outside the top 8 in H3, then bounced back.  There are players who drop outside the top 8 or top 12 then bounce back to even win events, but in this game i feel like people just retire or take a super long break because of the lack of opportunity to get a good placement.

Like even if you placed outside top 8 or whatever, you had another opportunity and the last even doesnt matter at that point, as long as you thought you were able to compete at that level you always had the opportunity.  Now, yes there are open events now which i guess solves a lot of this problem, there is less of this mindset and more of a make it or break it mindset which i feel like adds a lot of stress to the scene and the players.

Be realistic. Worlds is coming so it's about time C9 pick up a team for the weekend

They need to just release the damn C9 skins, even if they don't have an org. Best piece of artwork in the whole game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Be realistic. Worlds is coming so it's about time C9 pick up a team for the weekend

Please. Even if for a week so the skins come out and we can grab em.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's a tie between C9 and Liquid for the best logo in esports. FaZe is up there too just because of the godly team colors.

• Upvote (+1) 1