CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I wouldn't say 343 is one of the worst AAA developers but they are really stubborn.

lol

They're hot garbage.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

rHLI1Nh.gif

Sorry @ you're more of Colossus to me then Hulk.

Also, Frank is definitely more Wolverine than Cap.

You're so quick it's spooky.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Really Off Topic but does any of you shit talk people who rage quit in competitive multiplayer games? Like sending messages and calling them out for their bullshit.

No.

I played R6: Siege the other day with a to4, and 1 random. We lost 1 round, the random joined our party and started off by saying "Listen here fuckers."

If you rage quit, don't do anything. It's incredibly immature, as is sending hate mail at all. If your team is trash, your team is trash, don't be a prick about it. Blame it on the matchmaking system if anything. Or hell, maybe try to help the guy improve instead of berating him. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

No.

I played R6: Siege the other day with a to4, and 1 random. We lost 1 round, the random joined our party and started off by saying "Listen here fuckers."

If you rage quit, don't do anything. It's incredibly immature, as is sending hate mail at all. If your team is trash, your team is trash, don't be a prick about it. Blame it on the matchmaking system if anything. Or hell, maybe try to help the guy improve instead of berating him. 

The thing is I don't mind losing and it just frustrates that I take time of my day to search for ranked and then some person rages quit because things didn't go his way and make the match even more one sided.

Who was also designed by Menke btw.

Yeah he designed the whole thing in his like 2 months of employment. It's like one of these things. If you don't know how to put the sliders in the right spots then of course the whole thing goes to shit. Most of 343i seems to program all their stuff to never change. Remember how they had to overhaul Halo 4 to do sandbox changes? Menke didn't run the show like that. He programmed it to allow fine tuning. I'm sure 343i when in there and made it so that you find matches fast and didn't care how they had to get it done. They just went in and flipped all the sliders however they wanted. Or they just didn't touch it since he left. Either way no bueno.

2239c6473cee317dd30188a7de32f6af.jpg

Frank and I would fuck shit up. Similar to Hulk throwing Cap, I can see me hurling Frank holding his uncensored shield of meme at our opponents with deadly results. 

Plus I raised Lethul at the Combine, big brothers don't lose to little brothers.

its not marvel, but LotR is awesome too

8Qh9RZMOVA-memes.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

No.

The thing about raging on teammates in Halo 5 is the servers are so bad you never know what it was like on the other end. I've had games where I looked like absolute trash and drop huge neg bombs, then match the same people next game and stomp. H5 is just way to inconsistent online, although if I was still 17-18 can't say I wouldn't be sending hate mail like in the old days lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

I remember when we all complained a fuckton about Bloom, De-Scope and Sprint and thought it was the end of Halo, who would've thought that not much has changed since then(not in our end) yet things are....slightly  better.

There is a lot of uneducated conjecture in this post that is completely not supported by data and is actually quite false.

"Nuh-uh."

-Guy who has huge financial incentives to deny this

Maybe you could provide some of this data to support what you're saying? I find it very hard to believe that MLG.tv is competitive with Twitch numbers.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Still wishing Halo had a more active Gamebattles and Wagers scene. I think that helped COD out a lot in the Ghosts (err, maybe it was Blops 2) days to grow the scene. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I've been MIA for a few weeks (been focusing on competing in am leagues for Overwatch and grinding my way into Masters) but I came in here after realizing I may have missed the news on Worlds and it's location.

I remember being so excited for Worlds 2016 and saying to myself, "I'm saving money from this very second to go to 2017''s event." I have saved over $1000 while only making $20k (and paying $1k rent, what do you guys pay? :kappa: ) in anticipation of going to an event this year.

In January I was hopeful to go to Worlds but was okay with maybe just going to a Dreamhack instead if the location wasn't announced soon enough. Having caught up to the Worlds announcement, I feel hesitant to even go to Dreamhack for Halo. I'm not sure I can continue supporting a developer who has done everything to spite it's own fans.

I grew up with this game and I'm hoping this Worlds proves me wrong even if it's stuck in the back of an ex-Jiffylube with a 100 people. The one thing that has kept me a fan of Halo through the thick of all this garbage has been the actual matches. I may scrap the dream of going to a Halo event and getting the late-2000s MLG experience but if NV and Optic and Liquid keep putting on a show I may still stick around.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really don't see how you can respect the guy at all.

Its not like Flizzy is just gonna come out and say "fuck this guy".

• Upvote (+1) 5

Its not like Flizzy is just gonna come out and say "fuck this guy".

but he's picking him for the interview, giving someone any kind of limelight you disagree with doesn't seem smart. If you're in it for the clicks, I get it but I'm not going to watch it. I think there are tons of other great people within the community you could use.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I really don't see how you can respect the guy at all. If you look at his twitter for more than 2 minutes you'd see he's pretty much the epitome of disrespect, bigotry, immaturity, and a braggart to boot. The only reason he gets a free pass in the community is because he uses his money to seem generous but it's probably just an attempt at self validation. Skipping this episode.

Migh as well watch it ti support fletch. Worst is youll come out of the episode with more reason to hate the guy. Maybe though you learn more about him and maybe get a new perspective.

• Upvote (+1) 7