CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't come here for one day and you guys are saying you wish we were on MLG.tv because of one event you watched on there, where optic was making an insane losers run which of course will make viewership crazy. Also where it was the only place you could watch unless you wanted to watch an hour later and already know results. It's not a coincidence that once everyone and everything was on MLG viewership dropped. You guys want halo to grow I hope, well if that's the case just stop lol. MLG is amazing and I want them to run events too but that's just too far. You're going to get such a small fraction of new growth if you were only on MLG as opposed to twitch. So many people use twitch on a daily basis and run into new things, that's the beauty of it. Just please please stop sounding like the cod community did before the MLG.tv fiasco when we've already seen the results. 

Wat.

I saw a number of posts saying that Twitch is the best platform, but praising MLG's quality of stream. Where's the post suggesting we use mlg.tv?

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't come here for one day and you guys are saying you wish we were on MLG.tv because of one event you watched on there, where optic was making an insane losers run which of course will make viewership crazy. Also where it was the only place you could watch unless you wanted to watch an hour later and already know results. It's not a coincidence that once everyone and everything was on MLG viewership dropped. You guys want halo to grow I hope, well if that's the case just stop lol. MLG is amazing and I want them to run events too but that's just too far. You're going to get such a small fraction of new growth if you were only on MLG as opposed to twitch. So many people use twitch on a daily basis and run into new things, that's the beauty of it. Just please please stop sounding like the cod community did before the MLG.tv fiasco when we've already seen the results. 

while i dont disagree about the popularity of twitch, people were just as skeptical when it first started. i think its silly to instantly discount an alternative service immediately and rely on one service just because. i think there is room in the market for competing platforms. and i cant believe that with the backing of mlg and support of orgs like optic and nv, we'd do any less than what we have been doing on twitch

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lxthul's casual crack addiction has got him seeing things. It's totally cool for me to say that, right?

please point out any posts stating that we should use MLG.tv

are you satisfied with 343? Because I am not.

Did MLG run a successful event with little to no problems? Yes.

Has 343 ever done this? No.

Does IW work better than H5? Yes

Did the venue and crowd add to the hype? Yes.

Has 343 ever done this? No.

Does MLG keep in touch with the Halo community? Yes.

Dos 343? No.

I love Halo, watch most streams and tournaments, and I enjoyed that CoD event more than anything 343 has produced in a long time. The only thing keeping my interest afloat is teams like yours, who are so skilled and intelligent that it makes for great viewing. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why do I feel like 'virtue signalling' is the new 'indubitably'? People love to use that phrase to make themselves sound smarter than they actually are, without even knowing what it means.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo should definitely be on Twitch for now (even if MLG gets involved) to keep growth.

However, that doesn't mean that MLG.tv isn't a great product - the alpha stream was great (my only issue was when chat went mental, the stream lagged.) The extra features and ability to switch to bravo so quickly was great.

Also, that losers bracket run by Optic was awesome, they turned it on big time. Props to EUnited for winning though, much deserved.

(my only issue was when chat went mental, the stream lagged.)

This happens with twitch for me when too many emotes are spammed (or at least I think this is the culprit). Its a brand new good computer, no idea why twitch would be messing up or why some little emotes cause it to but meh, I just disable chat and I'm good.

Sorry if this was already posted but did anyone else watching the EU online qualifiers (both those this last weekend and before) have serious audio issues?

It was literally unwatchable for me and it seemed like an issue for some others in the chat but not all.  Im not sure if it was due to the medium i was watching on or not but i tried both my xbox and phone.

I hope this doesnt impact on HWC London.

@@Onset I thought id flag it up to you so you can potentially pass it on to the relevant people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wat.

I saw a number of posts saying that Twitch is the best platform, but praising MLG's quality of stream. Where's the post suggesting we use mlg.tv?

First accidental down vote  :mj:

Sorry if this was already posted but did anyone else watching the EU online qualifiers (both those this last weekend and before) have serious audio issues?

It was literally unwatchable for me and it seemed like an issue for some others in the chat but not all. Im not sure if it was due to the medium i was watching on or not but i tried both my xbox and phone.

I hope this doesnt impact on HWC London.

@@Onset I thought id flag it up to you so you can potentially pass it on to the relevant people.

I mean watching rebroadcast and there are no issues.

Only thing is the title for the EU online qualifier says "HaloWC 2017 Online Qualifier #3: Las Vegas"

Emphasis on the vegas (can't bold, on mobile)

while i dont disagree about the popularity of twitch, people were just as skeptical when it first started. i think its silly to instantly discount an alternative service immediately and rely on one service just because. i think there is room in the market for competing platforms. and i cant believe that with the backing of mlg and support of orgs like optic and nv, we'd do any less than what we have been doing on twitch

Watch the whole thing.

Also look up the viewership figures during call of duty advanced warfare. When call of duty was exclusively on mlg.tv.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone else think that NavG could be a millionaire genius if he didn't post memes on an online forum for a dead game?

I can confirm that Nav and I were in the same transgender social studies class. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does IW work better than H5? Yes

Can you please Elaborate here?

, because virtually everyone in the cod scene agrees on the fact that IW is a flaming hot pile of shit.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Elaborate here, because virtually everyone in the cod scene agrees on the fact that IW is a flaming hot pile of shit.

yes, but the game is much better now that it was, how long did it take for 343 to do anything meaningful with mcc or h5?

• Downvote (-1) 2

The game is better because they have SEVERELY changed it, which 343's concept of an out of the box game really doesn't allow.

The game at a competitive level is completely different to pubs.

(not arguing for or against just pointing out)

Obviously I would prefer Infinity wards approach, but lets not pretend that IW is a good game, it is an abomination that has been made competitive, due to severe plastic surgery, a bit like halo 4. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

CoD has in game mini maps and we cant even get 343 to send us "to scale" map overhead images..

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8