CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just a few more reasons our scene is so much better

I mean if that happened during one of our events (re broadcast switching mid game in a winners bracket semi), you'd more than likely see an uproar unless it was a game 5 situation or during the final seconds of a game. Thankfully, our scene isn't wholly dependant &/or revolves around one org.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So

We can't talk about HCS settings in the HCS thread but we can talk about COD events

Ok

We have a great thread to discuss it though - http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12700-halo-5-guardians-arena-gameplay-settings-thread/

Feel free to post about how awesome no sprint / no radar is so 343i can take notes and get back to us.

--------------

This thread is about the HCS, but I also feel it's important to sometimes go off the rails and discuss others things going on in moderation. What is there to talk about the HCS this week? Half the Pro teams bailed on cups because of the format is ass and there's no point. Want to discuss the HCS podcast next? Wait no one listens to it. Oh jolly we have another Burbank event! You get my point.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

We have a great thread to discuss it though - http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12700-halo-5-guardians-arena-gameplay-settings-thread/

Feel free to post about how awesome no sprint / no radar is so 343i can take notes and get back to us.

--------------

This thread is about the HCS, but I also feel it's important to sometimes go off the rails and discuss others things going on in moderation. What is there to talk about the HCS this week? Half the Pro teams bailed because of the format is ass and there's no point. Want to discuss the HCS podcast next? Wait no one listens to it. Oh jolly we have another Burbank event! You get my point.

I get what you say but I don't think if praising MLG for the past 5 pages is that healthy for this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So

We can't talk about HCS settings in the HCS thread but we can talk about COD events

Ok

The CoD event is an interesting insight into the way HCS is run in comparison and it's good to relate the two. Settings discussion would be fine in here, but we have a dedicated thread to that and it's nice to keep it all there.

Every fan is going to be salty when their team loses who cheers for the team that just beat them? Doesn't make sense to me, the problem is that that mostly optic fans show up to events.

Why does optic have the majority of the fans? I get they make content and optic is huge but it's the only sport/esport I've seen where one team has so many compared to everyone else.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Want to discuss the HCS podcast next? Wait no one listens to it. 

phew, i thought i was the only one who doesn't listen to the podcast 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Every fan is going to be salty when their team loses who cheers for the team that just beat them? Doesn't make sense to me, the problem is that that mostly optic fans show up to events.

Why does optic have the majority of the fans? I get they make content and optic is huge but it's the only sport/esport I've seen where one team has so many compared to everyone else.

Nadeshot, Hecz and Scump had incredible following when CoD esports was taking off years back, throw in others like Bigtymer, Rambo, etc winning events in the early days and it was a receipt of success with their content and social media power. I get why some don't like OpTic for their fans, but they weren't handed this stuff and worked for it for years. I respect that, plus Visions is great.

• Upvote (+1) 2

--------------

This thread is about the HCS, but I also feel it's important to sometimes go off the rails and discuss others things going on in moderation. What is there to talk about the HCS this week? Half the Pro teams bailed on cups because of the format is ass and there's no point. Want to discuss the HCS podcast next? Wait no one listens to it. Oh jolly we have another Burbank event! You get my point.

There's a COD thread too

There's a COD thread too

The reason we separate the HCS and setting is truthfully the discussions are terrible and 95% of the people here don't want to read it. Yea I know some don't want to read the OT in here too, but those usually last like an afternoon at most, but these settings discussion drag on and on with the same opinions we've had in Reach. The worst part of it all too is it mostly falls on deaf ears too.

If you guys feel differently about it, I'm open to letting the discussion go in here. Last I checked though, most in here despised it.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Do you think anyone would notice if we all just started following CoD and pretended this thread never existed?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Nadeshot, Hecz and Scump had incredible following when CoD esports was taking off years back, throw in others like Bigtymer, Rambo, etc winning events in the early days and it was a receipt of success with their content and social media power. I get why some don't like OpTic for their fans, but they weren't handed this stuff and worked for it for years. I respect that, plus Visions is great.

Yea optic definitely deserve their fan base just wondering why no other team in cod has close to as many fans beside maybe faze. Halo and Csgo there are teams that are bigger than others but almost every team has loyal fans. Just interesting to me how different cod is

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea optic definitely deserve their fan base just wondering why no other team in cod has close to as many fans beside maybe faze. Halo and Csgo there are teams that are bigger than others but almost every team has loyal fans. Just interesting to me how different cod is

They got a lot of fans into competitive cod, plus they win a lot. People followed in droves - hence why you see them with somewhat of a monopoly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you think anyone would notice if we all just started following CoD and pretended this thread never existed?

game is boring af tho

CpL7fR9.png

woah

• Upvote (+1) 6

In Halo I bet if Ryanoob's team did the same thing to OpTic Gaming I feel the "toxic" Halo community would be a lot more gracious. 

Also fun fact: the "I'm with Dexerto" guy asked the first question at the after game press conference. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've been seeing a weird amount of Halo discussion in this thread, guys. Isn't there a separate section of the forums for non-CoD gaming discussion?

• Upvote (+1) 3