CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wait...

If we get MLG back, does that mean we lose @@TheSimms?

We just can't win.  :mj:

Onset was at an ESL event and Simms is going to be at a Gfinity event.

TO's share talent.

You know what *maybe* numbers suffer a little bit but MLG.tv > Twitch imo. The stats and other extras are really nice additions

Man, what happened to freedom of speech? abnormal amount of posts getting deleted that aren't even inflammatory. Well maybe in 2017 they are but that's a different argument.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 16

How much would a comparable COD tourney pull if it were exclusively on Twitch.

I ask this because it seems Activision should be pleased to be able to pull 70k+ on their first party platform.

Man, what happened to freedom of speech? abnormal amount of posts getting deleted that aren't even inflammatory. Well maybe in 2017 they are but that's a different argument.

Lol, freedom of speech doesn't relate to private platforms. 

That said, I am a fan of very lax moderation and this place is quite lax. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Someone needs a basic lesson in how the 1st Amendment actually works.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Your post was fine besides calling the CoD caster a crack addict, please don't do that.

1. Not what I said 2. Lighten up a bit, it was clearly a joke. Stay triggered.

• Downvote (-1) 14

So scump was lying here?

https://youtu.be/j3oMV4FKRIg?t=2m16s

I'm just going off publicly displayed viewer count and stats. Everything is a spin when you swap platforms. All good I love Seth and wish him the best :) he's a great dude and wanted to be Twitch after we transitioned away from being a UGC platform

• Upvote (+1) 6

Freedom of speech =/= Freedom of consequence.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol, freedom of speech doesn't relate to private platforms. 

That said, I am a fan of very lax moderation and this place is quite lax. 

exact quote: "That guy looks like an alternate dimension Simms where he snubbed gaming for recreational stress and crack" Clearly a joke dripping with hyperbole but I keep forgetting it's 2017.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9

top1.gif

Why don't you go back to accusing people of lying about having cancer.

Man, I'll say what I want about someone who tweets "The Halo community is cancer, i think that's how i got it" with 0 self awareness that he is the exact epitome of that. I'd never take anything at face value from someone with that kind of character. But whatever, the high horse police are clearly out, as they always are these days. 

• Downvote (-1) 8

I think the MLG is better than Twitch. The social media stats and roster tabs are a really nice touch  :apg:

Agreed, idk for just normal streamers but for tournaments I'm liking mlgtv more

• Upvote (+1) 3

exact quote: "That guy looks like an alternate dimension Simms where he snubbed gaming for recreational stress and crack" Clearly a joke dripping with hyperbole but I keep forgetting it's 2017.

I keep forgetting to put you on my ignore list, thanks for the daily reminder.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think the MLG is better than Twitch. The social media stats and roster tabs are a really nice touch :apg:

Totally agreed dude. I really like how the alpha steam works, if they can build on the extra features that'd be sweet.

Still don't think it'd be right for halo right now, but good job to all who worked on it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When the circlejerk becomes so strong that people start seriously shilling MLG.tv over Twitch.

When a hater becomes so desperate that he makes himself look even dumber.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This thread reminds me when Arrow went to shit on Reddit and they all started talking about how good Daredevil instead.

In all fairness, S3/4 of Arrow were kinda bad, while S1/2 of DD were stupid-good.

ie: ESL being Arrow, MLG being Daredevil.

*Obviously ESL with the exception of Simms, that goes without saying  :simms:

I keep forgetting to put you on my ignore list, thanks for the daily reminder.

Oh no random internet guy ignored me. Thankfully for me internet friends and points mean as much to me as the opinion of a bunch of circle jerking, high horse riding virtue signallers who have probably made a bunch of cancer jokes or laughed at a bunch of inappropriate shit but have this awesome internet moral code whenever someone challenges something in a way they have decided is wrong. Sheep.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 8

In all fairness, S3/4 of Arrow were kinda bad, while S1/2 of DD were stupid-good.

ie: ESL being Arrow, MLG being Daredevil.

*Obviously ESL with the exception of Simms, that goes without saying  :simms:

Does this make the HCS the last season of Dexter? :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 7

If mlg ran halo on mlgtv, their social media department would tweet about the event with dates and times for weeks before the event. Hcs social media missed last weeks qualification streams. Casuals would still find the stream due to mlg's reach and ability to advertise

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1