CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yes, that's a huge problem. Most employees of the HCS aren't completely qualified to run a competent league.

It's hard to manage the Halo Championship Series while you're trying to manage the raging hard-on you have while you're donating to your favorite girl gamer streamer you just employed.

• Upvote (+1) 14
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Well thank you for admitting that nostalgia could play a role since a lot of people like to dismiss it. As for coming on here during the tournament, what else could it be? It's literally 4 weeks between each post but suddenly posts multiple times during an event as to 1. Rub it in our faces, 2. Bring attention to the fact the tournament is on and 3. What I said before. Yet I see him post multiple times, weekly on /r/codcompetitive. Not better than the snake oil salesman who come round to my grandmas trying to sell her double glazing when she has triple glazing.

I genuinely have trouble understanding this. If you could explain, then maybe I could try to provide some constructive criticism. What could MLG offer Halo, that other TOs and 343 couldn't do? They have zero data and statistics when it comes to expanding a community. My theory is well documented this year, you can throw millions at GoW and Halo and people will still not want to play if the games are bad/not enjoyable. MLG don't build scenes, they chase games. Once the H5 money dries up, guaranteed we get dropped and you can quote me on this. I fucking hate ESL but it's admirable they pick up Rocket League and Rainbow Six. They really build competitive scenes even though I'm sure they would find a way to mess up putting butter on toast.

MLG offers competency and passion. What we're missing most.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But MLG cant save Halo bro. 

I have no facts or data to provide, just all caps bolded letters. Please believe me and stop throwing temper tantrums. 

Tempter*  :kappa:

Production is top-notch.  Gameplay is still trash.  The game is still terrible.  So pretty much MLG is just polishing that turd.

At least MLG has the ability to do that, we have a company producing shit and failing to polish it

Production is top-notch.  Gameplay is still trash.  The game is still terrible.  So pretty much MLG is just polishing that turd.

I'm so excited for boots on the ground later this year. Black Ops 2 was GREAT.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I really hope I am not the only not disappointed when we know for real that H3A doesn't exist.

MLG offers competency and passion. What we're missing most.

Will MLG make H5 better?  No.  Will MLG make more than 20k people play H5?  No.  The best way to save Halo at this point would be to release it on ALL platforms, make comp on PS4, and to make the settings competitive.  

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 16

I'm so excited for boots on the ground later this year. Black Ops 2 was GREAT.

Yep.  I know I'm in the minority but MW3 and BLOPS2 were the last good COD's.  Hopefully the weapon balancing is good like it was in MW3 (outside of the Type 95) and not a joke like it was in BLOPS2 (looking at you MSMC).

Willing to bet H6 will be closer to H4 than we're all imagining as well, also willing to bet it won't launch with spectator mode or file browsing again.

it probably wont have lan support either just to keep hcs in its death grip

The team in place now at 343 Industries has proven themselves incapable of delivering a product worthy of what the community deserves and their positions need to be replaced with competent and experienced people.

0-for-3 industries, but hey look at this awesome halo wars 2 ad!

• Upvote (+1) 3

People thought I was being a dick when I was calling out the people in charge of the Halo Championship Series, turns out I was just being honest. 

You can be a dick and be honest at the same time ;)

But yea, this ain't good.

40Idny0.png

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

it probably wont have lan support either just to keep hcs in its death grip

0-for-3 industries, but hey look at this awesome halo wars 2 ad!

Personally I like to refer to them as Three For Three in delivering disappointment. 

People thought I was being a dick when I was calling out the people in charge of the Halo Championship Series, turns out I was just being honest.

You can be a dick and be honest at the same time ;)

But yea, this ain't good.

40Idny0.png

I'm okay with this.

• Upvote (+1) 8

No one pays any attention to a well thought out argument, being unreasonable draws attention to an issue that would otherwise go unnoticed.

Sorry did you say something?

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's hard to manage the Halo Championship Series while you're trying to manage the raging hard-on you have while you're donating to your favorite streamer you just employed.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This isn't just about CoD btw, it's seems like a never ending joke. When you see great events with Gears of War, Call of Duty, Counter-Strike and so many other esports taking their game to the next level, and here we are still bitching about getting audio right on Day 3 of the event with 10-person listen-ins and HCS staff blaming people on r/Halo. Now the biggest tournament of the year is taking place at an old Jiffylube of all places in the West Coast. You feel like it's a lost cause and we hold out that just maybe someone other than @@TheSimms will do something about it.

Give them a chance, they'll get it right next time

• Upvote (+1) 5

This isn't just about CoD btw, it's seems like a never ending joke. When you see great events with Gears of War, Call of Duty, Counter-Strike and so many other esports taking their game to the next level, and here we are still bitching about getting audio right on Day 3 of the event with 10-person listen-ins and HCS staff blaming people on r/Halo. Now the biggest tournament of the year is taking place at an old Jiffylube of all places in the West Coast. You feel like it's a lost cause and we hold out that just maybe someone other than @@TheSimms will do something about it.

How bout them downtime videos? It was event #1 feedback. Still feedback after each event, 5 years later?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yep.  I know I'm in the minority but MW3 and BLOPS2 were the last good COD's.  Hopefully the weapon balancing is good like it was in MW3 (outside of the Type 95) and not a joke like it was in BLOPS2 (looking at you MSMC).

MW3 was trash

• Upvote (+1) 8

How bout them downtime videos? It was event #1 feedback. Still feedback after each event, 5 years later?

Add it to the list :lxthul:

Willing to bet H6 will be closer to H4 than we're all imagining as well, also willing to bet it won't launch with spectator mode or file browsing again.

you're a very effective cyber bully - this post made me tear up

• Upvote (+1) 2