CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I would much rather they focus their efforts on the next Halo. Bring it closer to the middle of classic Halo with a modern spin and go from there

CoD got "boots on ground" back so maybe we'll get LAN and classic feel back? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Off-topic but what's a good brand for joystick grips. Both sticks on my scuf have wore down and become slippery

Off-topic but what's a good brand for joystick grips. Both sticks on my scuf have wore down and become slippery

Kontrol Freaks

skim the last 2 pages - H3A - 100% - E3

WOOOOO HOP ON THE HYPE TRAIN

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're accusing someone of fabricating an elaborate, multi-platform lie about having a life-threatening illness to garner sympathy because you don't like the way he conducts himself as an amateur player in a third-rate esport. Think about that for a second.

No, that's not why. Nice high horse though.

• Downvote (-1) 5

i still think 343 has to release h3a. honestly, a good, functional rerelease of the most popular installment of halo isnt just an easy cash grab, it shows that they are able to release a complete, working console shooter. so far, they are 0/4 if you count the glitchy ce:a. its also a showing that they get what makes halo so good. without some sort of sign that they get halo, i dont know if i'll get halo 6.

unfortunately, it seems halo wars 2 is their "look we can make a good game" moment, even though they are subcontracting this to another studio. maybe thats just so vangaurd can take the heat when 343 destroys some part of the game

• Upvote (+1) 2

i still think 343 has to release h3a. honestly, a good, functional rerelease of the most popular installment of halo isnt just an easy cash grab, it shows that they are able to release a complete, working console shooter. so far, they are 0/4 if you count the glitchy ce:a. its also a showing that they get what makes halo so good. without some sort of sign that they get halo, i dont know if i'll get halo 6.

unfortunately, it seems halo wars 2 is their "look we can make a good game" moment, even though they are subcontracting this to another studio. maybe thats just so vangaurd can take the heat when 343 destroys some part of the game

Certain Affinity made most of h2a did they not?

Okay, so a little about me which you don't care for but it leads up to something. I may be seen as a shit poster on this forum but I can back everything up. My line of work happens to be professional event organization for Squash. I was actually a lead for the 2009 Manchester Squash World Championships, have been a lead for 4 major events each year and host a local tournament for 400 kids each half year, for the last decade. If you need credentials, please hit me up in my DM and I'll send some links over to you that can be found via the internet. So, with that said, I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about since I produce for streams and live TV with large prize pools. 

I honestly don't know how I can't come off as hostile but I'm not. I want critical discussion because I want Halo to succeed so I hope you can offer me something back. So, with that due, I have 2 questions not just for you, but for anyone on this forum who can offer me reasonable, critical thinking responses:

Do you think it's acceptable behavior for a rep from tournament organizer to come on a forum during a live event? This is nothing more than a thinly veiled swipe at Halo, a chance for him to get a hit of dopamine from the Hot Pockets class of 2007 and outright unprofessional. Last posts are 28th January, December and November. Suddenly has time during an event to rub his improved production in our faces as a "see, look what we can do over here".

What can MLG offer Halo that other TOs couldn't if they didn't shit the bed? You guessed it. Nothing. Production does not make the game. I'd rather watch 5 guys off their heads on addy in an UMG garage than this so called professionalism where the players are so far apart in the booths they have to get up to fist bump. Don't get me wrong, I love how esports is turning out but a steaming shit with sprinkles and a bow is still a steaming shit. If the developer can't get the fundamentals right (Power Weapons in FFA LOL) and (adding silenced weapons without data to back up claims, even more LOL), then MLG can't save it. If they could offer something, it would have shown in GoW, yet their viewership numbers have dropped each event since the first.

ehhh MLG could do wonders for us. ESL and 343i fuck up all the little things and while MLG isn't perfect, they know how to run events. You are right that we need a good game though. Like Adam said, LAN is a necessity.

Okay, so a little about me which you don't care for but it leads up to something. I may be seen as a shit poster on this forum but I can back everything up. My line of work happens to be professional event organization for Squash. I was actually a lead for the 2009 Manchester Squash World Championships, have been a lead for 4 major events each year and host a local tournament for 400 kids each half year, for the last decade. If you need credentials, please hit me up in my DM and I'll send some links over to you that can be found via the internet. So, with that said, I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about since I produce for streams and live TV with large prize pools.

I honestly don't know how I can't come off as hostile but I'm not. I want critical discussion because I want Halo to succeed so I hope you can offer me something back. So, with that due, I have 2 questions not just for you, but for anyone on this forum who can offer me reasonable, critical thinking responses:

Do you think it's acceptable behavior for a rep from tournament organizer to come on a forum during a live event? This is nothing more than a thinly veiled swipe at Halo, a chance for him to get a hit of dopamine from the Hot Pockets class of 2007 and outright unprofessional. Last posts are 28th January, December and November. Suddenly has time during an event to rub his improved production in our faces as a "see, look what we can do over here".

What can MLG offer Halo that other TOs couldn't if they didn't shit the bed? You guessed it. Nothing. Production does not make the game. I'd rather watch 5 guys off their heads on addy in an UMG garage than this so called professionalism where the players are so far apart in the booths they have to get up to fist bump. Don't get me wrong, I love how esports is turning out but a steaming shit with sprinkles and a bow is still a steaming shit. If the developer can't get the fundamentals right (Power Weapons in FFA LOL) and (adding silenced weapons without data to back up claims, even more LOL), then MLG can't save it. If they could offer something, it would have shown in GoW, yet their viewership numbers have dropped each event since the first.

I think people just want mlg because the experience with them was much better back then and maybe some nostalgia. 100% agree that part of the problem with getting halo back to being close to the top is 343.

It's very interesting to see what someone that organises tournaments thinks about these things. I didn't see @ coming in here that way but what you said makes sense

Certain Affinity made most of h2a did they not?

so looking it up, yeah they did while saber worked on the campaign. the head of certain affinity was the lead mm designer for h2 so it makes you wonder what went so wrong

After HWC Halo will be lit because MLG and Dreamhack are getting involved. That also means no more trash venues.

Ive learned to never count 343 out from fucking shit up.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

After HWC Halo will be lit because MLG and Dreamhack are getting involved. That also means no more trash venues.

According to adam, mlg is just a rumor. He said neither he nor mlg have been contacted

Wouldn't get too excited about Mlg coming back just yet. So far, we have only "we will try" from tashi, and confirmation from Adam that no conversation even started yet. Also, I don't see why would Mlg want to do some unimportant side tournament (dreamhack has the most important events) especially so far in H5 lifespan.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H2A had a lot more for the rumor, there's been nothing solid for H3A.

There's proof buddy, i don't remember who posted that but he's the most reliable source in the industry.

vJAGmIg.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's proof buddy, i don't remember who posted that but he's the most reliable source in the industry.

vJAGmIg.png

This... This makes me sad.

Dreamhack should be really good. Only thing is what events are we going to have during the season, if we are going to have any (hopefully we do. Would be a real step back if we didn't).

I think people just want mlg because the experience with them was much better back then and maybe some nostalgia. 100% agree that part of the problem with getting halo back to being close to the top is 343.

It's very interesting to see what someone that organises tournaments thinks about these things. I didn't see @ coming in here that way but what you said makes sense

Well thank you for admitting that nostalgia could play a role since a lot of people like to dismiss it. As for coming on here during the tournament, what else could it be? It's literally 4 weeks between each post but suddenly posts multiple times during an event as to 1. Rub it in our faces, 2. Bring attention to the fact the tournament is on and 3. What I said before. Yet I see him post multiple times, weekly on /r/codcompetitive. Not better than the snake oil salesman who come round to my grandmas trying to sell her double glazing when she has triple glazing.

ehhh MLG could do wonders for us. ESL and 343i fuck up all the little things and while MLG isn't perfect, they know how to run events. You are right that we need a good game though. Like Adam said, LAN is a necessity.

I genuinely have trouble understanding this. If you could explain, then maybe I could try to provide some constructive criticism. What could MLG offer Halo, that other TOs and 343 couldn't do? They have zero data and statistics when it comes to expanding a community. My theory is well documented this year, you can throw millions at GoW and Halo and people will still not want to play if the games are bad/not enjoyable. MLG don't build scenes, they chase games. Once the H5 money dries up, guaranteed we get dropped and you can quote me on this. I fucking hate ESL but it's admirable they pick up Rocket League and Rainbow Six. They really build competitive scenes even though I'm sure they would find a way to mess up putting butter on toast.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8

MLG is a pretty big reason a lot of us got into competitive Halo, how can you honestly say with a straight face that they don't know how to build a community. To top it off, then you try and say a guy that has been posting on our forums (and previously THC) is fake and has ran Halo events for nearly 15 years...I can't.

I don't think nostalgia is a big factor in people wanting MLG back but incompetence with HCS and ESL for the last few years.

You tell a lot about people by the way they react to criticism, and 343 have always struck me as petulant children, being precious about their mindset. Hell a little bit of memery/trolling after genuine fuck-ups and 343 just disappear. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

MLG is a pretty big reason a lot of us got into competitive Halo, how can you honestly say with a straight face that they don't know how to build a community. To top it off, then you try and say a guy that has been posting on our forums (and previously THC) is fake and has ran Halo events for nearly 15 years...I can't.

I don't think nostalgia is a big factor in people wanting MLG back but incompetence with HCS and ESL for the last few years.

I wasn't around during the mlg days, but when everyone says h3 is the best halo game, it's easy to see how the community would grow because the game is getting better. That saying, I'm sure mlg had something to do with the growth.

Edit* People wanting mlg because of how disappointing esl have been is very true

• Upvote (+1) 1