CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

343 knows our thoughts

They just don't care

We are not important, we are not the masses, we are not their target audience, we are the 10%.

We do not matter to them, hence why you see no 343 employee check in here.

and that's why Halo is dad. honestly it's kind of amazing how dedicated Beyond is considering what it deals with. I just hope all this dedication doesn't end up being wasted energy, 343's relationship with their community can be so frustrating

• Upvote (+1) 2

You gonna attend Gfinity? Not to cast but to spectate. 

I will for sure be doing one of those things

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I will for sure be doing one of those things

i know its more work for you, but i hope you're casting. you definitely bring a lot of passion to the stream when you're on it

• Upvote (+1) 6

and that's why Halo is dad. honestly it's kind of amazing how dedicated Beyond is considering what it deals with. I just hope all this dedication doesn't end up being wasted energy, 343's relationship with their community can be so frustrating

Halo and Cod fan's are like abused spouses.

Just keep coming come back and hoping for it to be better and less abusive with no evidence suggesting it will.

I've been around this community since 2007 but I very sporadically check in anymore. Can someone give me a TL;DR run down of Ogre 2 and Naded? What have they been doing/doing now.

​Sorry to be annoying, I just don't have the will to lurk thousands of pages to find out myself.

Also, Halo 5 sucks dick. I've played it even less than Halo 4 - which is quite something.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 13

I've been around this community since 2007 but I very sporadically check in anymore. Can someone give me a TL;DR run down of Ogre 2 and Naded? What have they been doing/doing now.

​Sorry to be annoying, I just don't have the will to lurk thousands of pages to find out myself.

Also, Halo 5 sucks dick. I've played it even less than Halo 4 - which is quite something.

2gre retired after getting dropped from NV and is currently an analyst for EG. He was putting together a team of young guns to play in the HWC, but they kept getting picked up by other teams so he gave up. Still streams a lot during the day.

Naded has bounced around a bit and is currently on Team Panda with Cratos, Danoxide and Str8 Sick. They have have a pro seed only because of some shady shit that Cratos and his manager pulled.

H5 > H4, but it certainly has issues/could be much better.

2gre retired after getting dropped from NV and is currently an analyst for EG. He was putting together a team of young guns to play in the HWC, but they kept getting picked up by other teams so he gave up. Still streams a lot during the day.

Naded has bounced around a bit and is currently on Team Panda with Cratos, Danoxide and Str8 Sick. They have have a pro seed only because of some shady shit that Cratos and his manager pulled.

H5 > H4, but it certainly has issues/could be much better.

​I watch 2gre stream sometimes, he seems really good. He also seems to play a lot more than most pro's. Why isn't he on a team? He looks like he can still do it. 31 isn't old for a gamer.

​Is Naded's team not good then? What was the shady shit?

(I know these posts will be annoying for regulars but I'm curious!)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I wasn't going to watch the Gfinity event, but now that I see Goldenboy and Simms? Sign me up. 

​I watch 2gre stream sometimes, he seems really good. He also seems to play a lot more than most pro's. Why isn't he on a team? He looks like he can still do it. 31 isn't old for a gamer.

OG2 officially retired and so I guess isn't taking competing too seriously.  He's very good at H5 but not quite at the level where top teams would pick him up, I don't think.

Naded's team is not bad ... he and Danoxide are very good at H5, Str8 Sick and Cratos somewhat less good (both were better in early-to-mid 2016 but other players have caught up to them).  The shadiness = Cratos essentially conspiring with his team coach to "steal" a pro seed via a technically legal but ridiculously shady method, submitting a false roster, etc.  

(Also try playing more H5, it's actually a lot better than H4 and vanilla Reach, and almost as good as H2/H3 imo ... takes a bit to get used to though)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He just said, Ogre's not good enough for pro league anymore so he was putting together a team of young guns that would've probably been really fun to watch at HWC but literally all of them got picked up by higher seeded teams leaving a poor old GOAT alone on his farm.

Naded's team is alright, probably around 6-8th seed. Naded's playing for Panda gaming right now with Cratos, Danoxide and Str8 Sick.

Either way, to explain the shady shit I need to explain that last season's Enigma6 team roster was Cratos, Suspector, Bubu Dubu and Shooter.

ESL rules explain that in the event of a pro seeded team splitting in two, the squad with two remaining players retains the seed. If there are two groups of two, then the team manager decides who keeps the seed. Bubu Dubu and Shooter formed one squad, Suspector joined another and Cratos stuck with e6 to form another.  So, looking at those divisions Bubu+Shooter / Suspector / Cratos - it seems obvious that the pro league seed would stick with Bubu and Shooter, the remaining duo from that squad, right? NOPE, imagine literally everyone's surprise when ESL drops the pro league team list and Cratos' new e6 squad was up there while Bubu and Shooter were cut from pro league. 

Basically, what happened is that Showtime, enigma6's manager and Cratos' friend, submitted a Pro League E6 roster that listed both Cratos and Bubu on the squad, making it the requisite squad of two to retain the seed. The thing is, Bubu wasn't on that team. Cratos knew Bubu wasn't on that team, Showtime knew Bubu wasn't on that team, Bubu knew Bubu wasn't on that team, ESL should have known Bubu wasn't on that team. Since Bubu wasn't on that team, Cratos basically got a pro league spot by himself that let him hand-pick 3 players to join him and gave him better selection of free agent pros than AM teams like Bubu's on account of how valuable that pro league spot is (free agents like Naded, which is where he got involved).  And ESL let that bullshit slide.

If you don't fully understand how bullshit that is, if I was friends with Showtime I could have gotten him to submit a roster that said Last Face, Cratos, Bubu Dubu, Donald Trump. ESL would accept that roster as a Pro roster given that it has two pros from the last season - obviously Cratos and Bubu wouldn't actually be forming that team because believe me, me and Trump are fucking anchors in the HCS ... which would leave me and Donald Trump holding a pro league spot. ESL's rules are fucking broken and they refuse to fix them. (@@Timo @@TheSimms @@Vivi apologies if this isn't your department or area of expertise but is there any update on closing this loophole yet? All you'd need is players to actually verify that they're on the roster being submitted before validating it.)

And Enigma 6 left Halo like the day after this all happened which is why that squad is Pnda Gaming now. 

This is even bigger bullshit because HWC is irrelevant to Pro League and so retaining that Pro Seed means regardless of how Pnda Gaming does, they're in the summer pro league. Even if Bubu's team and Allegiance both continue to outplace them until then. ESL also has an integrity clause that would've completely covered their asses in the event of, yknow, taking the steps to award the pro league seed to the two players from the previously pro seeded roster, as per their own rules, but for some reason that wasn't acknowledged either. 

For additional context, you'll see a lot of people making more fun of Pnda than their record seems to suggest and that's because their initial incarnation wasn't even a top AM team (especially in a world with Bubu and ALG) but they picked up Danoxide after the last event and he's really helped them take some steps.

• Upvote (+1) 5

2gre is still pretty good but he can't compete very well with players on top 6 teams. Individual battles are too different in H5. But one of his main reasons for not competing is that he hates the teamchange atmosphere of Halo outside of the top 2, he's too old to be stressing about what team he's on all the time and running games with maybe-teammates every night.

Naded started off H5 really good, placing 2nd at HWC. Since then hes remained in the top 8 (his team was ranked 5th last season), at one point taking a 3 month break. Hes now on a team that stole another pro team's seed through some complicated shady shit. The team is top8ish. He's not that good anymore, but like always, because its Naded, he goes off sometimes.

will they be giving out gold pack codes during the London qualifier?

So you're the guy who bought the Legendary ticket for Burbank.

• Upvote (+1) 6

2gre is still pretty good but he can't compete very well with players on top 6 teams. Individual battles are too different in H5. But one of his main reasons for not competing is that he hates the teamchange atmosphere of Halo outside of the top 2, he's too old to be stressing about what team he's on all the time and running games with maybe-teammates every night.

Naded started off H5 really good, placing 2nd at HWC. Since then hes remained in the top 8 (his team was ranked 5th last season), at one point taking a 3 month break. Hes now on a team that stole another pro team's seed through some complicated shady shit. The team is top8ish. He's not that good anymore, but like always, because its Naded, he goes off sometimes.

It's not even "complicated shady shit" is the thing, you can explain it in a sentence if need be: the team manager literally just submitted a false roster with other player's names on it and stole their seed. And ESL was like "yeah, totally. we professional af over here fam". it's just unbelievable that they acted like their hands were tied when its their fucking league

yknow, its understandable that they didn't have any time to dedicate to the ruling because they were obviously very busy flying all over booking a sick location for HWC. i mean it sucks that summer pro league is going to be tainted now and they refuse to say anything but hey at least for our troubles we have an amazing venue to showcase our biggest event of the y- oh.

that's sort of a funny complaint, even if it's sad that we don't get to see the goat compete anymore. it's just that he's been playing for like 16 years but he's never had to constantly deal with a volatile team changing environment because he's always been top 2 haha

I wonder where we would all be if we didnt have TB :mj:

Waypoint, fighting the good fight!

• Upvote (+1) 2