CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

MLG used to sell out events to 256 TEAMS and 343 Industries is hoping to have 300 GUESTS attend the Halo World Championship, incredible.

Well MLG had a game that was putting up 200k concurrent players years after launch. 343 has a game that can barely muster 15k concurrent.

Once again I find myself reading this thread wondering if everyone in it lives in some sort of alternative universe where h5 deserves a real venue for its events.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 11

We all live in a world where Halo, at one point, wasn't being mismanaged by a bunch of amateurs.

But h5 doesn't deserve to be handled by people at the top of thier field. It sure as hell wasn't developed or marketed by those type of people so why does everyone here expect it's events to be top notch?

• Downvote (-1) 9

But h5 doesn't deserve to be handled by people at the top of thier field. It sure as hell wasn't developed or marketed by those type of people so why does everyone here expect it's events to be top notch?

because it's Microsoft and ESL.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was gonna say, none of this is transparency, this is the sugar coating of a fundamental failure for everyone involved to do their jobs.

at least we got an acknowledgement of a fuck up. thats pretty good at least. it would be nice for a decision make to come here and explain things to us, but i doubt that will ever happen

also is it just me or does the campus look like the low rises from the wire

07_winefinale16_lg.jpg

Because despite Halo: Reach and Halo 4 being lackluster, Major League Gaming's events still managed to be top notch.

• Upvote (+1) 4

at least we got an acknowledgement of a fuck up. thats pretty good at least. it would be nice for a decision make to come here and explain things to us, but i doubt that will ever happen

also is it just me or does the campus look like the low rises from the wire

07_winefinale16_lg.jpg

It's not transparency into the fuck up, we already knew they fucked up, we want to know who is responsible for the fuck up and how it got fucked up.

• Upvote (+1) 3

because it's Microsoft.

And?

MS s the one who formed this shit show developer that ran this franchise in to the ground.

And somehow you guys are surprised that they've also brought in shit show companies to run halo events as well?

Everything about Halo these days is low quality.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Well MLG had a game that was putting up 200k concurrent players years after launch. 343 has a game that can barely muster 15k concurrent.

Once again I find myself reading this thread wondering if everyone in it lives in some sort of alternative universe where h5 deserves a real venue for its events.

fall finals had 50k viewers. ugc 2017 had 30k despite the horrible production. the audience is there. yes the game should be much better, but it doesnt deserve to be driven into the ground from every angle

• Upvote (+1) 2

And?

MS s the one who formed this shit show developer that ran this franchise in to the ground.

And somehow you guys are surprised that they've also brought in shit show companies to run halo events as well?

I'm not surprised after years of being used to it, I think people just expected an actual good venue with the delay of releasing the location and dates.

I think competitive Halo still has a lot going for it, I just think the HCS, ESL and 343i fumbling around these last few years have put a severe dent on the future of it though.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And?

Everything about Halo these days is low quality.

We don't want low quality we want high energy.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's not transparency into the fuck up, we already knew they fucked up, we want to know who is responsible for the fuck up and how it got fucked up.

no i totally agree. thats why id love for a decision maker to have to come in here and explain everything to us. but in the mean time, i'll take a semi apology as a step in the right direction

• Upvote (+1) 2

The reason people are ok/happy with this little bit of transparency is that we get nothing most of the time. We've gotten used to nothing so when something is said about how a decision was made, everyone seems fine with that little

The reason people are ok/happy with this little bit of transparency is that we get nothing most of the time. We've gotten used to nothing so when something is said about how a decision was made, everyone seems fine with that little

That's the problem, dig deep, find the anger within you, sharpen it, and then strike.

• Upvote (+1) 2

them admitting that burbank was a backup location is transparency 

it'd be nice to know what venues they were looking at but that it probably not gonna happen

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just feel like every time someone half assedly involved in the fuck up comes in here we accept their apology and their "we're listening to your feedback" as good enough and give them another shot, the only thing we can do now is be honest, and being honest involves us being negative, and that is the least we could do.

i think its good that most dont seem to be giving esl a pass on this. it makes my skin crawl to hear @@Tsquared to talk about rebuilding, but seeing everyone realize that fuck them rebuilding is keyword for not doing their job is refreshing. but i agree that we wont go anywhere until we demand better

• Upvote (+1) 2

them admitting that burbank was a backup location is transparency

it'd be nice to know what venues they were looking at but that it probably not gonna happen

I want names.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's time for MS to step in and start getting people into shape. I have a feeling they are not watching over Halo esports and just letting 343 do their thing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1