CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I might have gone a bit overboard given this was initially gonna just be a gif

Quoting for visibility, this deserves every single up vote available on this site. 

I might have gone a bit overboard given this was initially gonna just be a gif

this was beautiful, thanks for lifting my spirits this fine day

They aren't going to show any old montages, let's be honest here. 343i does Halo games now but they don't want to be linked to Bungie in anyway since those games are looked at as good. I mean shit, they fucked up MCC so bad Bungie took some heat. That's why you always see ass backwards decisions to be different and change what made Halo, Halo. This is why you always see gameplay of someone playing no-scope Snipers in BTB and the Cratos smashing his controller clip. Can't forget Forge Christmas in March and Halo War 2 Vidocs. I have no idea what's going on in that area of production.

Even if you do have great content, 343i makes the steps to submit the content not even worth your time (this could have changed recently, idk 343i never says anything).

This is the thing that makes me the most mad about 343i. Every problem with the game can be traced back to the fact they absolutely refuse to do anything the way Bungie did.

I honestly think someone high up at Bungie slept with someone'a wife at 343 or something. So many things that are just change for the sake of change, it's infuriating. Remember when H4 launched and it didn't even have an X death marker for teammates? And after weeks (months?) of complaining they added one, only it was white and tiny, so people complained about that and said we just want a big red X like the old games. So they finally changed it to red but they made it attach to the body so if the body rag dolled off the map so did the X? Lol

The list could go on with shit the decided to change just because

• Upvote (+1) 3

We would love to show pro montages, the only issue is the copyright sadly on the songs used.

We have a lot of ideas however, thanks for you guys feedback (keep it coming btw). We really are aiming to have as little downtime as we can during the event, and to fill time with original content and ideas.

Honestly there really are only a fee options that will make everyone happy. Either cut to a feature station even if its a pure listen in with no commentary, do previous series highlights, or go togood quality floor interviews. If you have to do a 30 sec halo wars 2 commercial thats ok but to fill 20-45 mintes with the same year old forge shit and halo wars vidoc is unacceptable at this point

• Upvote (+1) 2

Apologies for the twitter image tweeted earlier, I know reality may trigger some. Hope this new image can help ease the pain that you may have suffered.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

They aren't going to show any old montages, let's be honest here. 343i does Halo games now but they don't want to be linked to Bungie in anyway since those games are looked at as good. I mean shit, they fucked up MCC so bad Bungie took some heat. That's why you always see ass backwards decisions to be different and change what made Halo, Halo. This is why you always see gameplay of someone playing no-scope Snipers in BTB and the Cratos smashing his controller clip. Can't forget Forge Christmas in March and Halo War 2 Vidocs. I have no idea what's going on in that area of production.

Even if you do have great content, 343i makes the steps to submit the content not even worth your time (this could have changed recently, idk 343i never says anything).

EU securing Wembley shows they might not subscribe to the whole fk up everything method. I know between matches the best reason I'll stay is good gameplay. Montages make that easy and fill the required time gap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You didn't even list my favorite of all time.

wtfffffff I just noticed El Town at 1:07.  He played H3 competitively?

May get downvoted for this but I don't really care...

We shouldn't be a "safe space" for Halo. Beyond is the HOME for competitive Halo. When we see something that's wrong, we call it out. We bring attention to it. I understand why you changed it, but it should have been left as is.

Don't be petty with images on a professional business account with people watching. Simple as that.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Don't be petty with images on a professional business account with people watching. Simple as that.

You win some, you lose some.

1230580382579942758.png

fight.0.jpg

Mistakes happen, and we apologized for that.

• Upvote (+1) 8

May get downvoted for this but I don't really care...

We shouldn't be a "safe space" for Halo. Beyond is the HOME for competitive Halo. When we see something that's wrong, we call it out. We bring attention to it. I understand why you changed it, but it should have been left as is. 

While I preferred the original, this one could still at least be low key savage since you can see all of the empty seats.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't petty at all. With how 343 has handled not just halo as a game, but the whole pro league/world championships, they should be told the truth. And it's that they fucking suck as a game developer and they'r even worse at trying to manage a competitive scene.

With all the montages posted guys, let's try and keep them the URL's only if you post more than 1. We have mobile uses, along with it causing some loading issues on the site.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You win some, you lose some.

1230580382579942758.png

fight.0.jpg

Mistakes happen, and we apologie for that.

There's what you posted and then there's what you did. Reading this forum it's obvious it wasn't just a joke like in those examples

There's what you posted and then there's what you did. Reading this forum it's obvious it wasn't just a joke like in those examples

Again, you win some, you lose some. We have apologized to those offended on the site, I'm not sure what more we can do but make sure it doesn't happen again. Mistakes are part of life sadly and can be a great tool to learn from.

On another note: 

Astro telling me they cant send me a new (Computer) Quick Disconnect cable for my headset because the mic cable broke at the split because its "hardwired into the headset". Guys. You've literally sent me the part before. Multiple times. 

Welp. I hear Turtle Beaches have made major improvements for their PC headsets over the years. Anybody have any preferences into PC headsets?

On another note: 

Astro telling me they cant send me a new (Computer) Quick Disconnect cable for my headset because the mic cable broke at the split because its "hardwired into the headset". Guys. You've literally sent me the part before. Multiple times. 

Welp. I hear Turtle Beaches have made major improvements for their PC headsets over the years. Anybody have any preferences into PC headsets?

I'd try support again, they are usually terrific from what I've used since 2008.

• Upvote (+1) 1

EG can't even beat PNDA smh

To be fair, Danoxide replacing Nemassist would be like Nemassist replacing me- a huge fucking upgrade lol.

I'm not a Cratos fan, but let's be real. Dan is extremely talented and works well with Naded. Naded and this forum's Satan Cratos both placed 2nd at HWC last year.

Will they be a T4 team? No. Am I impressed with Str8 Sick? No. Do I think Cratos will need to be backpacked (am I biased?) a bit? Yes. But that team has a good chance of making Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'd try support again, they are usually terrific from what I've used since 2008.

Thats from when my headset is from too, and they've sent me the cable I've asked for multiple times in the past. I included a picture of the entire headset, cables included (even showing where the damage is), and explained what I needed. Instead, they offered to replace my headband (mines busted/missing), and give me a 20% discount code on a new headset -.-

I followed up and explained again, so I'm hoping they come in clutch. I fucking love my Astros, and have had them for ages...but I'm trying to save up for some other stuff, so a $150+ headset is not in my current budget.