CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Correct me if I'm wrong, but fall finals was a really well ran event. So worlds is going to be a good event. It's not what we wanted, but the event itself should be really good even with the small crowd

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't let the shitty venue announcement distract you from the fact that I'm still matching the same to4s multiple times IN A ROW while solo queueing in arena.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Don't let the shitty venue announcement distract you from the fact that this meme was posted 3 times in a row 

• Upvote (+1) 2

What happened to the crowdfunding. They said all three of us would have their prize pools increased, and none have

• Upvote (+1) 1

What happened to the crowdfunding. They said all three of us would have their prize pools increased, and none have

LAN Events for the Pro League seasons are receiving crowdfunding, not Worlds.

watched most of the LG-TL scrim (from Ninja's perspective) ... El Town seriously has like a PhD in H5, the shit he was explaining to Saiyan was going over my head. And Ninja kept pushing too much, as usual.  Communication was good and they looked seriously impressive though

• Upvote (+1) 1

watched most of the LG-TL scrim (from Ninja's perspective) ... El Town seriously has like a PhD in H5, the shit he was explaining to Saiyan was going over my head. And Ninja kept pushing too much, as usual.  Communication was good and they looked seriously impressive though

How's Saiyan?

Also by the way, if it weren't obvious, they probably had an actual venue picked out and were in discussions, but due to lack of budget/bad decision making/terrible business negotiations (where's The Donald?) from the HCS team, they lost it and had to go to a failsafe venue with their partners ESL.

They wouldn't have announced the venue and dates so late (Fall Season's Finals announcement/tickets were way in advance) if this was actually their first pick for a venue.

We should be pointing fingers at bad business from whoever leads the HCS, not accuse them of "choosing" Burbank as their location. I especially don't think this falls on ESL. I don't even think ESL would want to hold a million dollar tournament in their closet studio.

I'd agree. But they have to at least tell us what happened.

With all the talks about Rocket League and whatnot, I have to say their community and company around it was amazing when we ran our first tournament last week. One of the most surprising thing was we actually got a RT from the Rocket League twitter for our stream that eventually hit 6k viewers with over 60+ teams. They did it because they saw it and wanted to support it. When we were running Halo in 2016 with ASTRO, they would have to ask them most times to even do that - if that even bothered to log in. The support starts at the top, I'm tired of fighting for this game when it appears they don't care. We are one of the biggest Halo communities around, where the hell did @@ske7ch go? Did he "forget" his password like @@Bravo too? Why did I personally make @@StrongSide account for him, even made sure his sig was perfect but won't even get on here. I'm not even going to get into the tournament sponsors who bailed after MCC fucked up.

Your inferior product is pushing people away, not the community. We weren't always assholes and quick with comments. I could understand if you were working with what you had but besides @@TheSimms the effort doesn't even seem to be there. Rebuild the HCS from the ground up after this season, I'm tired of focusing on idiotic decisions that are constantly made and not who's playing who in scrims. We are better than this. MLG gave you guys a blueprint on how the run shit and you still screwed it up.

Sorry if this comes off as ungrateful, I love the community but I despise the people running this clown show.

giphy.gif

Its hard to follow a blueprint when they pretend the blueprint doesn't exist and that they're the ones thats drawing it out.

I just realized people were paid to make these decisions :mj:

Its amazed me for years that these people at 343 and ESL get paid like actual real money. Its amazing and infuriating.

I'd agree. But they have to at least tell us what happened.

My question would be why this wasnt ironed out BEFORE the season started

Smaller prize pool.

Worse venue.

Fewer teams.

What. Fucking. Happened.

I forgot who said it, but i believe Timo was travelling in the East Coast to scout for possible venues for World's immediately after the Fall Finals. To me it sounds like ESL had not secured a location for the finals when they announced the 2017 Halo World Championship back in December. It's a shame that all of the hype from the trailer has dwindled down :(

I didn't see anything about party restrictions in ranked.

Blows my mind that a so-called competitive game's main ranked mode doesn't have party restrictions.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't see anything about party restrictions in ranked.

Blows my mind that a so-called competitive game's main ranked mode doesn't have party restrictions.

He was asked about that quite quickly and posted about it https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%e2%80%93-feb-6/323f0140-1146-480a-a662-ba169e585568/posts?page=1#post14

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wow. What a day. I was waiting for the Worlds announcement to see if I was gonna buy tickets for that or one of the Dreamhack events.

See you guys in Denver/Atlanta.

Hi guys - sorry that I haven't replied to the questions around Burbank today. I'll offer some more perspective tomorrow. 

Lol, see how easy it is. 

Just say that and we will wait. Answer the questions honestly and all will be ok. I expect LOTS of communication tomorrow.