CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I had some reassurance that it was a high possibility for worlds season. Now i'm 95% sure it's gonna be Radar for yet another seaaon lol

I'm so excited to see this exact same thing leading into the next season of Pro League.

Ugh.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think everyone needs to chill the fuck out (ha) and actually have a legitimate discussion about settings instead of flaming at each other. And you know, the settings thread is a thing too, if anyone hasn't checked that out...

• Upvote (+1) 5

Has he actually been diagnosed with depression? That shit is rough. I wish he wouldn't turn to social media when he's down, that definately doesn't help...

Pretty sure he takes medication for it.

I don't care how much drama queen he puts on twitter (maybe cause I don't give a fuck about twitter), I'll always support Spartan. Very good Halo player and all around good dude IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I had some reassurance that it was a high possibility for worlds season. Now i'm 95% sure it's gonna be Radar for yet another seaaon lol

im all but decided that if this is the case, im not going to be following competitive halo much anymore :-/

not to be a tool, im just done with it how things are unfortunately

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i would be curious to know where you came by that info if you can share it

• Upvote (+1) 2

24569-stop-that-don-t-do-that-please-don

just talk to us without being such a @@Spartan about it. we can have different opinions but please dont get butthurt about that disagreement

Don't throw your ego around like I care that you pay for premium or something.  I was sincerely asking because that was the second time I clipped something from snakebite's stream in a fairly short amount of time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 11

I'm not sure if this is the same scenario, but it could be it. At that event we (Ambush) were playing Carbon in Game 5 Amplified TS when it was 49-49 and Nexus assassinated one of them for the 50th kill. I'm pretty sure Nexus said something after the game. Amplified didn't have CTF so you are either talking about Amplified TS or Onslaught CTF.

The game ended with the assassination, so Team Slayer makes more sense. After looking at some pictures I'm still sure it was Amplified and not Onslaught. Thanks for this. Out of all of the games at the event, this is the one thing I remember most. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I see the positivity has died off, but I think that's ok. It's gone back to critical discussion. We've got a lot of things we want, why not push for more?

Watching streams of no radar scrims, I saw a lot of players pause and go silent after dying. It seemed instead of commenting on how they died, they analysed it. Some of the "no radar is chaos" players dismissed their death as the enemy moving around the map too freely, whilst the ones who are against radar seemed to analyst the situation more and think "ah yes, I see how that happened. I'll keep that in mind".

However, I did hear a few players (can't name names because I don't recognise all voices) say that it felt like "a bit of a waste of time" because what if they practice that for a week or two only for radar to be in? That's a valid argument, and I respect that.

Good posts in here though, great discussion.

Sidenote: Can the people dismissing us as negative hiveminds stop being so ironic? Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 4

im all but decided that if this is the case, im not going to be following competitive halo much anymore :-/

not to be a tool, im just done with it how things are unfortunately

giphy.gif

Thanks for the insight.

If this is the case don't know about any of you but I'm out. Been with Halo for over a decade but this is just stupid. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well I see the positivity has died off, but I think that's ok. It's gone back to critical discussion. We've got a lot of things we want, why not push for more?

Watching streams of no radar scrims, I saw a lot of players pause and go silent after dying. It seemed instead of commenting on how they died, they analysed it. Some of the "no radar is chaos" players dismissed their death as the enemy moving around the map too freely, whilst the ones who are against radar seemed to analyst the situation more and think "ah yes, I see how that happened. I'll keep that in mind".

However, I did hear a few players (can't name names because I don't recognise all voices) say that it felt like "a bit of a waste of time" because what if they practice that for a week or two only for radar to be in? That's a valid argument, and I respect that.

Good posts in here though, great discussion.

Sidenote: Can the people dismissing us as negative hiveminds stop being so ironic? Thanks.

Nothing ironic about alot of people being negative. There is a  Big difference between stating your opinion (which is awesome) and just having a terrible attidue in general. Your post is a prime example of a great post. Puts opinions and offers room for response. Bashing and bringing people down with very little actual reasoning and no room for response, is negativety. Which is seen here alot. @@RyaNoob had a great post where he bashed 343 but put lots of thoughts and ideas behind it. That is how it should be done. When someone has a post full of negativetely and very little  backing it, I almost think they want 343 to fail. We all love halo and want it succeed, thats why were here, right? 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Don't throw your ego around like I care that you pay for premium or something.  I was sincerely asking because that was the second time I clipped something from snakebite's stream in a fairly short amount of time.

It might be time to read more and post less dude. Trust me, you can learn a shit ton more about Halo, especially competitive Halo, and how to interact with people without without the hostilities. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

try not to put more words in my mouth in your next condescending little lecture.

This is too perfect. Self-awareness level is at a zero.

One thing to remember in the "who's worse: Bungie or 343?" question is that Bungie did not have the benefit of seeing the recent success in eSports. Back then it was still perfectly possible to think that eSports was just for Quakers, Counterstrike or South Korea. The competitive aspect of the game was looked at as a fringe segment of the game population who liked playing in this weird mode, essentially no different than people who like SWAT or Grifball.

I don't know if that makes Bungie worse or better. They were there at the inception, and they could have gotten in on the ground floor if only they had listened to their fanbase. It's embarrassing that they didn't listen, but they can at least claim ignorance. Now that games like LoL have taken off, it's patently obvious that the competitive scene is something to be cherished and cultivated, so 343 really gets little credit for "noticing" this truth so late in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can 343 please make a statement on radar? I feel like they're just stalling as long as possible trying to get by with as little changes as they can until it's too late. This happened before worlds with breakout (was super surprised it got removed), after worlds and season 1 with radar and autos.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I know this might sound counter intuitive, but if 343 is ever going to consider making drastic changes to the settings, they need to publish their intentions PRIOR to the end of the current season.

Same with tentative weapons layouts, at the very least, they need to put prospective maps/gametypes in a fileshare so that the community can have time mull over the details long before the next competitive session.

• Upvote (+1) 3