CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Halo 3?

Well that explains fucking everything.  Your ignorance proves you not worthy of my debate efforts. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 36

Maybe I'm in one of my "too beaten down to believe anything can change" moods again, but I feel like even if we got everything we wanted at this very moment we would still be way too late in H5's lifespan to make a difference. We would all be ecstatic but 343 would be looking at numbers and honestly the new player ship left the dock soon after worlds ended. 

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Also @@Neighbor Descope, flag drop, scoreboard whilst in motion, etc. Thank you for RE-adding those features into H5, but the fact that those are the pro teams contributions makes me want to laugh and cry simultaneously. This is not meant to be an insult directed towards you or the pro team.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Well that explains fucking everything.  Your ignorance proves you not worth of my debate efforts. 

Wait, I'm lost. Who thinks H3 is the best Halo...need to figure out who to neg  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

More of Snakebite's thoughts on no-radar:

https://clips.twitch.tv/snakebite/DoubtfulHorseFailFish

Hope posting this is allowed.  Just trying to show people here that everyone in the competitive scene isn't dying for no-radar. 

edit:  dammit I keep accidentally quoting people when i just want to make a post on the thread.  Sorry.

24569-stop-that-don-t-do-that-please-don

just talk to us without being such a @@Spartan about it. we can have different opinions but please dont get butthurt about that disagreement

• Upvote (+1) 7

I never said that bungie learned from their mistakes. I think that both companies fail at that. Bungie being bad doesn't excuse 343 doing similar stuff. I'm glad they hired a pro team; I'm just saying that removing descoping is a bad change that shouldn't need countless hours of discussion

Which potential change do you thing DOES need countless hours of discussion?

Wait, I'm lost. Who thinks H3 is the best Halo...need to figure out who to neg  :kappa:

Here you go. @@Vick FVM

User in question thinks Halo is all about that long ass kill time.  Kek.  

Probably advocates Sprint, Thrust, Spartan Charge, and all the other bull shit that is plaguing Halo right now.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 29

Who let in the debate team fuck sake.

tumblr_n0js84FPeB1qgevuso1_500.gif

Yea, god for bid we actually talk about how the game could be more competitively entertaining to watch and have more skill gap. 

I forgot this thread is all about circle jerking Halo pro boi drama and why 343 are gods for giving us such a great fucking game.  

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 28

Which potential change do you thing DOES need countless hours of discussion?

Whether to make the primary weapon stronger or weaker than before, for example. Not something like removing descoping so that every grandma who picks up the controller can snipe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whether to make the primary weapon stronger or weaker than before, for example. Not something like removing descoping so that every grandma who picks up the controller can snipe.

My grandma can't even use nornfang :/

• Upvote (+1) 3

The pro team exists to provide balance. A Pro comes and gives examples of how they did just that. And you are agonizing over the fact that there are issues that needed pro balancing

The Coalition had an executive producer who helped design the original gears trilogy. When that is unavailable a Pro team is like the next best thing. You think TC would have there current approach without Rod?

I'm agonizing over the mediocre game we got overall, full of half measures that reek of a bunch of idiots who don't know what the fuck they're doing "compromising" with people who do (the latter, presumably, being the pro team). We're still half-way at best to decent competitive settings 13 months after launch, but yeah, it could be worse. There could be NO ONE at 343 who knows what they're doing. Thankfully we have "balance."

Rod is a major factor, sure. And? We got Frankie. :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Maybe I'm in one of my "too beaten down to believe anything can change" moods again, but I feel like even if we got everything we wanted at this very moment we would still be way too late in H5's lifespan to make a difference. We would all be ecstatic but 343 would be looking at numbers and honestly the new player ship left the dock soon after worlds ended.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Also @@Neighbor Descope, flag drop, scoreboard whilst in motion, etc. Thank you for RE-adding those features into H5, but the fact that those are the pro teams contributions makes me want to laugh and cry simultaneously. This is not meant to be an insult directed towards you or the pro team.

Accident neg =(
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm trying to clarify some details about a past MLG Halo 3 event.

It was MLG 2008 in Toronto during the Fan Expo event. The main stage was at the far end of the building and the side stations to the right. I was watching a series on one of the side stations. Someone choked last second and got assassinated bottom middle while running the flag on Amplified. When the game ended, someone stood up and pointed at each person on the other team and yelled, "YOU SUCK." 

Anyone know the teams or players? I tell this story all the time. 

I'm agonizing over the mediocre game we got overall, full of half measures that reek of a bunch of idiots who don't know what the fuck they're doing "compromising" with people who do (the latter, presumably, being the pro team). We're still half-way at best to decent competitive settings 13 months after launch, but yeah, it could be worse. There could be NO ONE at 343 who knows what they're doing. Thankfully we have "balance."

Rod is a major factor, sure. And? We got Frankie. :mj:

I mean that's kind of my point. When your development staff leaves to make other games you have to hire others. Lacking the availability of people with previous experience developing halo games they hired a team of former pros and used them to ensure some proper balance was maintained.

Has the result been perfect? No. But name a single halo game that launched in a competitively viable state.

Outside of CE, there's nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Basically what it sounds like too me is that Halo 5 would've basically been H4 v2.0 if the pro team wasn't there also there is reasoning is god awful like competetive integrity>what the casuals want.

It really makes you wonder how much 343 actually learned from H4 if they were still considering keeping shit like descope in the game despite how H4's population absolutely tanked even harder then Reach's did.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Basically what it sounds like too me is that Halo 5 would've basically been H4 v2.0 if the pro team wasn't there also there is reasoning is god awful like competetive integrity>what the casuals want.

It really makes you wonder how much 343 actually learned from H4 if they were still considering keeping descope in the game despite how H4's population absolutely tanked even harder then Reach's did.

They learned enough to know the needed to hire a pro team. They even fixed things that bungie broke, like equals starts.

https://twitter.com/Spartan/status/809528316139073536

What is going on with Team Liquid man?

Has he actually been diagnosed with depression? That shit is rough. I wish he wouldn't turn to social media when he's down, that definately doesn't help...

• Upvote (+1) 1