CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He just won $250k.  I'm pretty sure he can swing a $700 plane ticket. 

Sure, but why should he pay for it? It should be on the org to pay for it, which they plan on doing. But that doesn't mean you buy an expensive ticket with a stupid travel schedule when you can wait a week and get one for half the price and only a couple hours instead of an overnight travel with a full day layover.

I make a good salary but I'm sure as hell not paying for my own travel for work. Why should Halo pros? And if my boss wanted me to go somewhere and the flights were double what they normally cost, he would tell me not to go for a week until the prices return to normal.

And I was looking at doing a similar trip this month, but flights were the same. For whatever reason flights out of Regina (where Royal2 is from) to the US are absurd right now. They are twice the cost of what they usually are, and most seem to be 12+ hours for what should be a 4 hour trip. If there's no rush to get to the destination, why not wait?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

He could buy a $200 PBJ sandwich but would that really be smart?

What if it was a reallllly good PBJ sandwich?

• Upvote (+1) 7

So what's up with the 14k bitrate on the stream.

How good we talking? Does it have the Worlds location on it?

It did, but by the time he realized he had already eaten too much of it to decipher the message.

He never forgives himself and lives alone for the rest of his life as a result.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The HCS social media person forgot about today's tourney too.

I thought it was our job to tweet the stream. Everything is up to the community after all

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So what's up with the 14k bitrate on the stream.

Is that the reason why the stream is buffering every minute or so? Idk but I don't have a potato internet so...

The HCS social media person forgot about today's tourney too.

At this point I honestly feel like a community member would do a better job of running that Twitter page. If the 343 team is struggling (which they clearly have been) they should reach out. I'm sure you'd find a lot of people who'd put their hand up and do a damn fine job of it...probably for free too given the amount of free resources this community has created for Competitive Halo.

I mean I see people posting Twitch links on here and on twitter all the time anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is that the reason why the stream is buffering every minute or so? Idk but I don't have a potato internet so...

I'd think so.

does anyone know when the na cup starts, i have no interest in watching the eu teams

does anyone know when the na cup starts, i have no interest in watching the eu teams

You missed it yesterday
  • Upvote (+1) 1

At this point I honestly feel like a community member would do a better job of running everything. If the 343 team is struggling (which they clearly have been) they should reach out. I'm sure you'd find a lot of people who'd put their hand up and do a damn fine job of it...probably for free too given the amount of free resources this community has created for Competitive Halo.

I mean I see people posting Twitch links on here and on twitter all the time anyway.

Might be a *bit* exaggerated, but incompetence frustrates me faster than anything else.

i hate to be that guy who brings up other games as comparison but:

rainbow 6 is curently playing their world champioships to 50k users. its nothing fancy, but it works and sounds like it has a great crowd by the noise. also they had an xbox and pc competition running in parallel. holy crap why is that not halo. why should that not be halo. we dont have to give up our xbox league that we all know to be able to have a pc ladder that would only add fans. and guess who is running this? esl. so there is absolutly no reason this quality can't be done in halo. and if 343 were smart and made a pc halo, we could be doing this on a larger scale. 5k viewers jumped on while i was typing this

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He just won $250k.  I'm pretty sure he can swing a $700 plane ticket. 

This "fuck it, I got money" attitude is why a lot of pro athletes go broke pretty quickly once they're out of the league.

• Upvote (+1) 6

i hate to be that guy who brings up other games as comparison but:

rainbow 6 is curently playing their world champioships to 50k users. its nothing fancy, but it works and sounds like it has a great crowd by the noise. also they had an xbox and pc competition running in parallel. holy crap why is that not halo. why should that not be halo. we dont have to give up our xbox league that we all know to be able to have a pc ladder that would only add fans. and guess who is running this? esl. so there is absolutly no reason this quality can't be done in halo. and if 343 were smart and made a pc halo, we could be doing this on a larger scale. 5k viewers jumped on while i was typing this

Hate to rain on your parade; but Rainbow6 recently announced they're going to be removing the league for Xbox.

Xbox will be turned into just an online ladder and nothing else. But they added PS4 to the scene as well. (Also just online ladder)

The League and Worlds stuff is going to be PC exclusive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The two teams in the seeding finals yesterday for the Colombia/Brazil qualifier will be matching in round 2 today. (they both got a free win in round 1)

It's a single elimination tournament. What a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 2